Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CityLink bid to Buy GoBus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I'll be very sorry to see GoBus dissappear.

I used Citylink & GoBus for 5 years commuting daily for work between Galway and Dublin and while I prefer GoBus, couldn't fault either for value.

After boarding the GoBus one particular Friday evening in Dublin, some skanger opened the luggage compartment and took a suitcase (mine) containing 2 laptops among other stuff. I didn't spot this but Jim Burke who was driving saw it and ran across the Rosie Hackett bridge and retrieved the stolen case. When we got to Galway he told me and asked me to check if anthing was damaged. I was gobsmacked but extremely appreciative that he put himself at risk to get my case back.

An absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

dilallio wrote:
    After boarding the GoBus one particular Friday evening in Dublin, some skanger opened the luggage compartment and took a suitcase (mine) containing 2 laptops among other stuff. I didn't spot this but Jim Burke who was driving saw it and ran across the Rosie Hackett bridge and retrieved the stolen case. When we got to Galway he told me and asked me to check if anthing was damaged. I was gobsmacked but extremely appreciative that he put himself at risk to get my case back.

dilallio wrote:
    An absolute gentleman.

That was brave i gave to say. I notice Citylink have staff overseeing the luģgage compartnent. They open and close it as and when customers need access. Was Jim the only staff from gobus at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

bobbyss wrote: »
    That was brave i gave to say. I notice Citylink have staff overseeing the luģgage compartnent. They open and close it as and when customers need access. Was Jim the only staff from gobus at the time?

No - he had another staff member who was doing a count of passengers when this happened and hadn't seen it happening. The luggage doors were closed, but the skanger opened it and grabbed the nearest case. Another passenger waiting to board the bus told Jim, who bravely retrieved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

dilallio wrote:
    No - he had another staff member who was doing a count of passengers when this happened and hadn't seen it happening. The luggage doors were closed, but the skanger opened it and grabbed the nearest case. Another passenger waiting to board the bus told Jim, who bravely retrieved it.

I see. I always sit on left side of bus to keep an eye on things. I would never leave laptop in compartment as, even with the best will in the world, luggage gets thrown around. Gobus' departure point is just a little dodgy especially at night. Having said that Citylink have a lot of traffic on the path as well.

Happened my sister when stopped at the airport, looked out and saw someone casually taking her bag and starting to walk off. She jumped out and said sorry you've got the wrong bag. They apologised and walked off (without getting a different bag). Easy theft, always bring any valuables in a smaller bag onboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement