Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 7 plus problem

Options
  • 08-03-2021 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi the issue i am having is keyboard stops working and i google and tried all the possible answers and nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi OP can you describe a bit more what you mean by “stops working”

Does the onscreen keyboard appear when you want to type text?

Is it all the keys that are impacted?

Have you any other touch issues other than with the keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Perazzi

djdunny wrote: »
    Hi OP can you describe a bit more what you mean by “stops working”

Does the onscreen keyboard appear when you want to type text?

Is it all the keys that are impacted?

Have you any other touch issues other than with the keyboard?

You can you texing away on the keyboard and suddenly nothing works keyboard freezes have to power down phone.
    Their are no more problems with it
    Its an annoying issue and I wish I could solve it.
    Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭djdunny

Sounds like it’s possibly software related rather than hardware. Do you have multiple keyboards in use?

If you check settings>general>keyboard. Do you have more than 1? If so remove all expect your native language ( presuming English)

Test for a while to see if the issue continues. Failing that a reset of all settings ( you will have to reconfigure WiFi etc)

The final step would be a restore, this would install a “clean” version of iOS onto the phone.

djdunny wrote: »
    Sounds like it’s possibly software related rather than hardware. Do you have multiple keyboards in use?

If you check settings>general>keyboard. Do you have more than 1? If so remove all expect your native language ( presuming English)

Test for a while to see if the issue continues. Failing that a reset of all settings ( you will have to reconfigure WiFi etc)

The final step would be a restore, this would install a “clean” version of iOS onto the phone.

Thanks you i will try out that and see will it fix it for me

Perazzi wrote: »
    Thanks you i will try out that and see will it fix it for me

Still having problems after all suggestions tried

• Advertisement
Advertisement