Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you enjoy life?

• 08-03-2021 10:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

Overall? The last year has been hard for everyone but if you were to calculate the total amount of pleasure and pain in your life, would the former outweigh the latter?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Yes. Very much so.

I’ll enjoy it a lot more when the lockdown is done, but I still have a great life with my wife, 2 kids and a dog.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Life is attitude

Some people are grateful for what they have

Some are bitter for what they haven't.

Most of us go back and forth, daily between these feelings.

Knowing that is half of dealing with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Life is great. You have to make the most of it. Some people think they should get a lot more from life than they do but don't put the effort in and cant see past the 'now'.

I expect a lot of smugness from this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yes...It's better than the alternative...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Life is grand pandemic or not.

"We suffer not from the events in our lives but from our judgement about them."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

#LiveLaughLove

546230.png

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

I'm a bit tired these days; can't go anywhere cos of lockdown. It's annoying.

In the main though, I'd be kinda neutral. Not overjoyed or depressed. Ticking along like most people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Tipping along nicely. Probably a bit behind some of the people i went to school with as dont have my own place yet but holding out for somewhere with land rather than buying an overpriced box in an estate. Had a few false starts, hard times and made plenty of mistakes along the way but don't really regret much. Have a great kid, a great missus and a decent job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Mostly bitter with fleeting moments of sweetness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Struggling to enjoy it at all at the moment. Loved it before lockdown and will go back to loving it after lockdown (unless some unforeseen bad thing happens).

Lockdown really put how lucky I am into focus.
    Like somebody else said I’ve no regrets and I know I’ve done the best I can - and that’s a comfort when sleeping at night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭nicholasIII

YellowLead wrote: »
    Struggling to enjoy it at all at the moment. Loved it before lockdown and will go back to loving it after lockdown (unless some unforeseen bad thing happens).

Lockdown really put how lucky I am into focus.
    Like somebody else said I’ve no regrets and I know I’ve done the best I can - and that’s a comfort when sleeping at night.

In what way did it put down how lucky you are into focus?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭YellowLead

In what way did it put down how lucky you are into focus?

Put down? I’ll assume a typo there :)

But it made me realise that for some people life is like this and will continue to be like this post lockdown.

For example if you don’t earn much money and can’t afford holidays, if you have leukaemia or other conditions and need to isolate for years while going through treatment because your immune system is so low, if you were elderly and immobile and couldn’t get out and about, if you were depressed and couldn’t find joy in exploring the world. If you had no friends and were lonely, if you were being abused and controlled and couldn’t leave your house - etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I expect a lot of smugness from this thread.

Or people who are generally happy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

At the minute Id have to say Im not enjoying it one bit

Im worn out, cant even walk my dogs to the parks I used to due to Garda waiting outside to pounce and fine people.

Im basically all covid-19 doom and gloomed out...Really thought we`d at least have a plan in place to get out of this by summer but we dont.

Thought I might get away this year an then they stick a 2k fine on you for travelling.

Im still working but its painful getting up every morning since Im effectively doing 4 peoples jobs since the company only took back half of the staff that we had so Im running 3 departments on my own and getting **** all for doing all this extra work. Ive kept the place going since we reopened in May 2020 and not even a thanks.

Im married with 4 kids and they just keep telling me I look bored which I am...only so much painting and gardening you can do. Im snappy at them and cant motivate myself do do anything. I went back to college and started a course to try keep my mind going but I havent logged on in 3 weeks - just have no drive to sit down and look at a screen in the evenings.

So yep - its **** at the minute and I cant seem to get out of this rut Im in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I almost hate to admit but I find life a little easier since this pandemic. Mainly down to the fact that I don't see my friends on social media off on their holidays or doing cool stuff anymore. FOMO is gone.

Advertisement