Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple March Event 23rd

Options
  • 08-03-2021 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

So now that Jon Prosser (Apple Leaker) has more or less confirmed that Apples March event will be help this year on March 23rd. He mentions that Air Tags, IPad Pro, Air Pods & Apple TV are ready.

Is all this is true what product or products are you wait to purchase? For me I'm definitely interested in the iPad Pro 12.9 inch with the updated mini led screen and updated chip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

assume the imac will be announced since that are running stock of it down

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Looking forward to seeing what’s announced, the new iMacs are going to be incredible with the M1.

I’m probably gonna pick up the new AirPods if they are a different design to my current pro’s and have some nice features.

A slightly better ANC experience would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m interested in the new AppleTV

I’m hoping they’ve added Spatial audio but that is probably unlikely

But the thing I want the most on AppleTV is an improvements in the TV app and iTunes app mobiie libraries. I really want a customisable library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I love my AirPod Pros but if there is significant changes to the new models then I might invest. My pros are still quite new so I reckon I’d get a decent chunk for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 askpt

I believe I’m waiting the most for the Apple TV with Thread (for HomeKit) support and better internals. I already feel the one I have is already slow executing some Arcade games.

Also I’m curious about AirTags. I currently own a few Tile devices but I could switch a few for AirTags since the iOS network is way bigger than the Tile network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

AirTags would be really nice - I have a few tiles that have died recently. Grant it as I don't go anywhere these days it isn't an issue

I just got the AirPod Max so I don't think herself would let me upgrade the AirPod Pros this time round !!

Depending on what the iMacs are like - I might consider swapping my Microsoft Studio Pro for one - but I am really liking the touchscreen / pen on the studio and I don't ever see Apple bringing touch to the MacOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

whippet wrote: »
    AirTags would be really nice - I have a few tiles that have died recently. Grant it as I don't go anywhere these days it isn't an issue

I just got the AirPod Max so I don't think herself would let me upgrade the AirPod Pros this time round !!

Depending on what the iMacs are like - I might consider swapping my Microsoft Studio Pro for one - but I am really liking the touchscreen / pen on the studio and I don't ever see Apple bringing touch to the MacOS

Do you have an AppleTV ?

I would like to know what movies on AppleTV sound like with AirPods Max ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    I love my AirPod Pros but if there is significant changes to the new models then I might invest. My pros are still quite new so I reckon I’d get a decent chunk for them.

Is there a market for second hand airpods though, personally I wouldn't put airpods from someone I didn't know into my own ears. I gave my old ones to my wife ok, but a stranger, I don't thing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭andy.dunleavy

waiting for 14" macbook pro later in the year

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Is there a market for second hand airpods though, personally I wouldn't put airpods from someone I didn't know into my own ears. I gave my old ones to my wife ok, but a stranger, I don't thing so.

I don’t know mate. I hope so. Mine are in perfect nick. Don’t use them much as I haven’t got time tbh with work and kids etc. But I have the original box, I never used the original in-ear pieces either so they’re completely clean. Also got a case and a pack of brand new foam ear tips for them, never opened.

I’d be hoping to get a decent sum tbh. I’d be skeptics buying them second hand on Adverts etc myself tbh. Maybe someone on here would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

Do you have an AppleTV ?

I would like to know what movies on AppleTV sound like with AirPods Max ?

I haven’t really tried it yet ... but I might give it a bash this weekend when I can ignore the kids for long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://twitter.com/LeaksApplePro/status/1369642089387024386?s=20

lots of pics of the supposed airpod 3's doin the rounds

peteeeed wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LeaksApplePro/status/1369642089387024386?s=20

lots of pics of the supposed airpod 3's doin the rounds

Yeah I won’t be buying those....

The only reason I own the current pros is because of the in ear piece. All other AirPods fall out of my ears.

Edit: Actually... they’re just the regular version. I wonder the new Pros have an in ear piece still.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Yeah I won’t be buying those....

The only reason I own the current pros is because of the in ear piece. All other AirPods fall out of my ears.

Edit: Actually... they’re just the regular version. I wonder the new Pros have an in ear piece still.

I don't think they're going to be releasing pro's at this event, they'll probably be later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Thank God if those Airpods are real. I can’t wear the Pros as I seem to be allergic to the tips while my original Airpods are fine. Would definitely get these as an update if they don’t have the silicone tips.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking forward to seeing what they come out with in terms of the iPad Pro, more so the 11" - mini-LED, 8GB RAM and no price hike would be nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

air pods 3 may not be coming out till the end of the year

https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/15/apple-airpods-3-not-launching-until-q3-says-kuo/

Now since the original HomePod was cancelled can we expect a “HomePod bar” in this March event?

They've just released a new ad for AirPods Pro, so we can basically 100% expect that there WON'T be new AirPods Pro at this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

askpt wrote: »
    Now since the original HomePod was cancelled can we expect a “HomePod bar” in this March event?

Apple said in their statement "We are focusing our efforts on HomePod mini". It seems like quite a specific statement to me. I think if they were going to replace the HomePod with something, they'd do it at or after the announcement of the replacement. This has all the appearances of a streamlining of the lineup, not an expansion.

That said, it is surprising that they've left a gap regarding Atmos. I guess they'll want to fill that somehow (a new device, or support added to the HomePod Mini, or the long shot of extending Siri support to other devices like Sonos) at some point.

• Advertisement

They could do with upgrading Siri, Alexa is light years ahead when it comes to assistants.

They could do with upgrading Siri, Alexa is light years ahead when it comes to assistants.

That’s a fact.

What do you think they could improve upon?

I use siri a lot, and to be honest it's pretty good.

If you mean that alexa has "skills", there is the whole shortcuts community for Siri that really does open it all up!

In my experience Siri gets far to much wrong, especially when trying to compose messages. Also I have a number of smart devices set up around the house and I find Alexa gets them every time where as Siri does not.

I also find that Siri responds when I ain’t even speaking to it, I have ‘hey Siri’ set up but I often get it responding to me for no reason.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I also find that Siri responds when I ain’t even speaking to it, I have ‘hey Siri’ set up but I often get it responding to me for no reason.

This happens to me about 3 times a day, and it's driving me nuts. Mainly on my Apple Watch, but sometimes on my phone too. Siri suddenly coming to life when I say something on a phone call or to someone in person that sounds nothing like "Hey Siri". It was amusing the first time, but it's getting to be a real pain now.

Yep, I’ve since disabled it on my watch, tried disabling it on the phone also, but CarPlay doesn’t work without it enabled.

eeloe wrote: »
    What do you think they could improve upon?

I use siri a lot, and to be honest it's pretty good.

If you mean that alexa has "skills", there is the whole shortcuts community for Siri that really does open it all up!

Even Skills aside, I don't think Siri is a patch on Alexa, which is a pity, because I'd instinctively prefer to be using Apple's assistant.

Ask Siri for a recipe, and it comes back with "here's what I found on the web", and a couple of links. Ask Alexa for a recipe, and it offers to send it to your phone, or read it to you. If you choose it to read it to you, it first gives you a summary of how long the dish takes to make, and automatically breaks it down into ingredients and then technique. It's the same for many other instruction based things you ask - Siri just leaves you with a web search, Alexa acts like you'd expect a smart voice assistant should.

I find Siri very slow to control my Hue lights too. Ask Siri to turn off the bedroom light, there's a long pause followed by something like "Coming right up", another pause, and then the light goes on. I'd be as quick going over to the switch. With Alexa, the command is executed instantly without any unnecessary banter.

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Siri is fairly mediocre.

It is quicker and more efficient to just open your phone and do whatever you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,559 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Siri feels like it was made in the 1980’s and some how survived to be around in the 21st century compared to Alexa who actually works smart and works like it’s from the 21st century.

• Advertisement

I find Siri very slow to control my Hue lights too. Ask Siri to turn off the bedroom light, there's a long pause followed by something like "Coming right up", another pause, and then the light goes on. I'd be as quick going over to the switch. With Alexa, the command is executed instantly without any unnecessary banter.

This can be related with your home network as well. Until I upgraded to a proper router system my Home devices were slow to respond. Currently it’s at normal speed.

Advertisement