Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

19th March '21 Gold Cup day

Comments

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    And 4 falls.

A mickey mouse record that would be :pac: No falls or unseats on day 1, or today (so far).. All the greats fall.. Sometimes trying to win is better than trying not to lose , although I do think she could have (being very critical) went gung-ho at the last on APT, and perhaps might have gained a length.. Fine margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feel like I am chasing losses now, but went for Porlock Bay e/w in the next. Has moved from 22s to 14s on PP.

Haha.

What a result :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Rachel Top Jockey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fair play Rachel she's some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

We will never see so many Irish winners at Cheltenham ever again lads, enjoy the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

right, last little flutter. shattered love and gabynako in the last 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Fair play Rachel she's some man.

Remember Charlie "Balls of Steel" Swan. Dont know what the female equivalent is, but she is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Withdrew all bar €2 of my weekly winnings back into my bank account.

Using that €2 to do a €1 e/w double to round off a fun week:

16.15: Magic of Light 10/1
    16/50: Gabynako 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Remember Charlie "Balls of Steel" Swan. Dont know what the female equivalent is, but she is it.

Rachael "Tits of Iron" Blackmore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is there any love here for throwing a few quid on Cabaret Queen at the 16:15?

:D:D Might catch on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

surely is Rachel Iron Curtains Blackmore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Is there any love here for throwing a few quid on Cabaret Queen at the 16:15?

Yep. €2.50 each way purely for fun after a great week

FiftyP wrote: »
    What was the trouble he went through? Not trying to be nosey but it seems public knowledge. A ban for something? Or losing rides/confidence of trainers? He's been giving fantastic rides to horses this week, which shows there's a real stable of top jockeys (I heard he's young enough at 27) coming through, and they should all get their chance. The Bryan Cooper fella you mention is someone I'd look to as well.

All that being said, it's easy to look at winners and those being placed and saying, "They're good jockeys." But Kennedy has taken his chance, as has Cooper earlier in the week. And Blackmore is a star.

(And as you can read I'm feeling full of myself after a win in the Gold Cup. :P )

Hes just had a lot of injuries in the last few years.

Cooper won the Gold Cup on Don Cossack a few years ago and kind of faded away after it so happy to see him with the winner yesterday.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yep. €2.50 each way purely for fun after a great week

Lol. Oh well. Rachael taking a well earned break :pac:

• Advertisement

It'll be a shame if de Bromhead doesn't win top trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Iron "I've been drinking and the next word will get me banned..."

No love for Blackmore among the ITV luvvies... If it was Frost, we would have seen that presentation :mad:

"Come on.. Rush.. Hurry" , and then straight away to the jingle (or whatever it's called) . Fkem Rachael - ya deserve better than that... Never got involved in the "female jockey" bs... Bloody right she was... She's a jockey, not a pawn in a social justice game... Francesca fkn Cumani :rolleyes:

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hes just had a lot of injuries in the last few years.

Cooper won the Gold Cup on Don Cossack a few years ago and kind of faded away after it so happy to see him with the winner yesterday.

He's top notch from what I've seen of him. Him Bryan Cooper on Mrs Milner, and Blackmore. Real guiding lights, guiding their horses. Hopefully we'll see something from the brits, because if Cheltenham dies we're in for some real dark times. But that's presuming they won't come back strong next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Almost never post on here but have been lurking all week and reading with interest. Thanks to everyone who posted their fancies, much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

jamule wrote: »
    6 so far
    3 for sneezy, 1 ferguson, 1 for wille and 1 for HDB

So would have been champion. That's rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

crossman47 wrote: »
    So would have been champion. That's rough great that he's not.

FYP :rolleyes: :D

Fabulous Saga a massive punt, but at 125/1 ew might sneak a place on his third run for Paul Nicholls, on his third start for the Ditcheat handler on better ground than he normally goes on. A real hit and hope job :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Come on Gabynako...end the week on a high note.

Bah! :(

Adjali 70/1

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

on galipon des champs for the last

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

most underserved top trainer for Mullins . Surely should be done some way on quality on races won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Got a very solid tip for Galopin Des Champs in the last race @ 7/1..

Someone knew

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thank Jayo !!!!

i owe ya drink lad !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Jayo11780 wrote: »
    Staker Wallace 9/1 in the next..
    Got a very solid tip for Galopin Des Champs in the last race @ 7/1..

Thanks for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Newport81 wrote: »
    Thanks for this

same here, great way to end it all. Thanks jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Thanks jayo had a few €€ EW on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's laughable that some of the English pundits are trying to stick the knife into Willie over him "only" winning the Champion Trainer "on a technicality".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

most underserved top trainer for Mullins . Surely should be done some way on quality on races won.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

What a great festival! Slightly losing day for me today - few places and Quixilios just about saved me, but overall I’ve had a blast! Hopefully I’ve learned a thing or two to take into next year also - onwards and upwards!

I'm down 10.6 points at the end of this Cheltenham. That means if you bet £10 a race you'd be down £106. If you bet 50p you'd be down £5.30. If you bet £100 a race you'd be down £1060. But I'm sure you're adjusting your bets based on variables I can't even begin to comprehend, and you want to make money, so pay no attention to me, playing with funny money. Unless you're a bookie, in which case add it to your Profit & Loss.

Happy drinking tonight, peeps. And happy poker games. And, most of all, I hope you get a proper dinner cooked for you after the best, tough week of the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Finished out the festival on a winner. Woo!

Hold Fast in delayed 5.05 Lingfield 2/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

but1er wrote: »
    Watched the Atr preview and done a treble off the back of it, Mrs milner Bob olinger and Barbados bucks 5er free bet for 970.. Im sweating for the Albert Bartlet.

On others mentioned for today Ruby very sweet on galopin des champs in the Martin pipe so sweet I backed it at 16s now into 6s

Hope you got on it lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

It's laughable that some of the English pundits are trying to stick the knife into Willie over him "only" winning the Champion Trainer "on a technicality".

Sickener for me with a nice lay on him i let run, but the figures show he won and thats long and short of it. Just seems strange all the weeks focus was elsewhere and yet he's still the man. Shows what you gotta do to beat him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thank Jayo !!!!

i owe ya drink lad !!!

Fair play to Jayo. Was going to put a tenner. Stuck with a conservative fiver. But hindsight is wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Have also backed Floueur who has moved to JOB yard. The last 3 top weights have won this race

3rd at 33s

The lucky last !!

Well done to all the winners

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First time doing anything on Cheltenham, and it was fun. Made some money too, which is always nice.

Thanks for all the tips folks. Wouldn't have had a clue otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Anyone know how many places Bet365 were paying in the last race? It says 5 on their website, and also on oddschecker when you check the race time and results but I seem it have been settled to 4 places?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Great week, some excellent tipping on here.

Next year's festival will be a cracker if the stars of this year's festival can stay fit.

• Advertisement

I say it every year (for the past three years) that I'll watch more racing now. That I'll really enjoy it, but I never do. It's never the same as this week with a field full of chancers and one chancer running away with it all.

There's Leopardstown or Punchestown to come? And Galway over the summer? But isn't this the end of National Hunt racing? Someone guide me through these dark weeks to come and this horrific weekend where I don't think there's enough popcorn, crisps and cheese to see me through my beer withdrawal. Thank Christ I didn't buy a bottle of whiskey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I think even Willie would concede that HDB was the real winner of the leading trainer. I doubt either would get too carried away with it anyway.

It would've been a truer reflection on the week if it was decided the same way the season champions are decided:
    Jockeys - Number of Wins
    Trainers - Total Prize Money

Anyway, it was a great week. I don't bet and just enjoy the brilliance on display. Honeysuckle almost had me in tears and I haven't felt like that since Sprinter Sacre came back to his best and Denman winning the Hennessy after his heart troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Unreal week lads!!!

One of the best Cheltenham in recent memory. Well done to all in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Just did my 2nd withdrawal of the week which is far from usual for the week that's in it.

Had a little tips table going with a separate Boardsies column which was by far the most profitable. Fair play all on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

And well done to you chesty with the tips and also opening my eyes anyway to the place/win etc. accas. Normally do a placepot every day of Cheltenham when the bookies are open but think I will do this in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement