Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitachi ex 60 diesel filter

• 08-03-2021 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Just wondering where the diesel filter and primer pump are located on the 60. I was looking online and there is mention of an inline filter inside one of the banjo bolts on a fuel line. Could any1 tell me which banjo bolt it's in as I don't feel like trying them all as there's quiet a few :-). The digger is starving itself for diesel so hope I can change filters and sort it.
    And also if any1 had a part no for the filter.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭minerleague

Joe390 wrote: »
    Just wondering where the diesel filter and primer pump are located on the 60. I was looking online and there is mention of an inline filter inside one of the banjo bolts on a fuel line. Could any1 tell me which banjo bolt it's in as I don't feel like trying them all as there's quiet a few :-). The digger is starving itself for diesel so hope I can change filters and sort it.
    Thanks

Bought Hyundai digger in 07 was doing the same, cleaned the tank and put a cheap filter over the outlet pipe in the tank, am told excavators don't usually have them. Have to keep a nice bit in tank but no problems since. There is an inline gauze filter as well as the main canister filter in mine. Sorry no help on location but you should be able to trace lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

Joe390 wrote: »
    Thanks

Have came across your problem but not that filter you mention, 2 fuel in mine, one directly at outlet of fuel tank is an inline gauze filter and then up top is your fuel filter. Both can cause your problem but most often its the bottom filter. Best change both

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Bought Hyundai digger in 07 was doing the same, cleaned the tank and put a cheap filter over the outlet pipe in the tank, am told excavators don't usually have them. Have to keep a nice bit in tank but no problems since. There is an inline gauze filter as well as the main canister filter in mine. Sorry no help on location but you should be able to trace lines.

Thanks for your reply , I'll get to the digger in the next few days and have a better look.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

its baltic wrote: »
    Have came across your problem but not that filter you mention, 2 fuel in mine, one directly at outlet of fuel tank is an inline gauze filter and then up top is your fuel filter. Both can cause your problem but most often its the bottom filter. Best change both

Thanks for your reply , how do I get to the gauze filter? Is the gauze in a canister of some sort? Also should there be a tap to turn off diesel from tank when cleaning that gauze. Thanks again.

Advertisement