Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster drink cans - safe or not safe?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Went from cans of 5% beer to cans of non-alcos to fizzy water and decaf. My new crutch is 500ml cans of zero sugar Monster drinks.

Wondering what the concencous is on these things? Maybe it's a crutch, or addictive personality and/or a need to hydrate.

But I tend to drink alot of these things.

They appear to come in zero sugar, low calorie varieties. They don't contain aspartame.

To list the ingredients in the order listed on the can for the white ultra variety...

Water, citric acid, taurine, sodium citrate, flavourings, ginseng, sucralose, acesulfame k, caffeine, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, l-carnitine, l-tartrate, b3, b5, b6, b12, sodium chloride, d-glucuronolactone, guarana seed extract, inositol.

Monster Ultra variety is low calorie and has zero sugar (has sucralose though?). Only problem is, it has a gram of salt.

Monster Ultra Paradise has 0.8g of salt.

Any nutritional experts out there that can advise me on this going forward? Are these things safe? How many is too many?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

Still energy drinks n mess with your blood sugar levels artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar. Just because its sugar free doesn't actually mean it "good for you" if you look up any nutritional nfo on this you will see

sparkling water with a bit of flavour be better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Cill94

Probably not great for your heart health, depending on intake and your current health.

https://examine.com/nutrition/the-mild-health-risks-of-energy-drinks/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

I'd say avoid. I attribute developing heart problems from too much caffeine and these drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

MouseMan01 wrote: »
    Went from cans of 5% beer to cans of non-alcos to fizzy water and decaf. My new crutch is 500ml cans of zero sugar Monster drinks.

Wondering what the concencous is on these things? Maybe it's a crutch, or addictive personality and/or a need to hydrate.

But I tend to drink alot of these things.

They appear to come in zero sugar, low calorie varieties. They don't contain aspartame.

To list the ingredients in the order listed on the can for the white ultra variety...

Water, citric acid, taurine, sodium citrate, flavourings, ginseng, sucralose, acesulfame k, caffeine, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, l-carnitine, l-tartrate, b3, b5, b6, b12, sodium chloride, d-glucuronolactone, guarana seed extract, inositol.

Monster Ultra variety is low calorie and has zero sugar (has sucralose though?). Only problem is, it has a gram of salt.

Monster Ultra Paradise has 0.8g of salt.

Any nutritional experts out there that can advise me on this going forward? Are these things safe? How many is too many?

Thanks,

Salt is good, B line all synthetic except B8
    Good & bad stuff mixed together.
    I don't understand how they come up with the formula makes no sense at the moment.

Advertisement