Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blockwork planter

Options
  • 08-03-2021 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What will you be doing for drainage? Are they just going to be on concrete or over existing earth?
    I reckon if you allow for drainage/weeping to avoid any hydro static pressure you should be ok at that height?

Be mindful of what you plant in them though, I inherited a similar planter in redbrick and some of the roots basically broke it apart in several places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭rje66

REFLINE1 wrote: »
    I want to build a planter 2 blocks high (2x 215mm) about 3m long. Would blocks on layed on the 110mm edge be ok for this height? its only supporting approx 500mm depth of soil as there's an existing wall behind that.
    Something like this?. 2 cavity blocks with brick on top. All insides are lined with DP membrane. Bottom is filled with a bit of rubble.

Advertisement