Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest Apartment Buildings in Dublin

Options
  • 08-03-2021 4:29pm

Would there be a way to identify (online or by contacting a government department) the largest apartment buildings or apartment developments by number of apartments in Dublin that have been completed and are currently inhabited? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nobody would have a specific figure on that; its not something that would be recorded on its own - each figure in a planning app would be recorded in that planning app.

The largest single apartment development is probably Clancy Quay, across multiple buildings. I'm not aware of a single development under a single plan of that scale since Ballymun, and those flats are gone.

The largest single building is probably Capital Dock but there could be some long four or five storey block that actually has more apartments in it and nobody would necessarily think of it. Something like Drynam Avenue/Russell Terrace spine in Swords comes to mind as it actually has apartments over the roadways and is a nearly 300m long building of apartments and duplexes; repeat that a bit taller and just apartments and you'd have a very significant number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Northwood in Santry has loads of 5 storey blocks located altogether in a single development. However, I'm not sure if they constitute the same development or just the same address.

Spencer Dock in the IFSC has about 6 blocks of 10/11 storey apartments that must total more than 500 apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The Alliance Building at the Gasworks (ie the building inside the gasometer) must be up there as there are 200 apartments in the single building. Can’t imagine there are many larger single apartment buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There's a block next to the Central Park Luas stop with I think 14 floors, certainly the tallest I've seen in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Cienciano wrote: »

Looks like a supermax prison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

kravmaga wrote: »
    Looks like a supermax prison :D

Kinda does! Bit of barbed wire required as a final touch....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Cienciano wrote: »

There would be a lot larger than that. Custom House Harbour in the IFSC has a little under 350. I think Custom House Square might have even more. And, as stated above, Spencer Dock is likely to have even more again.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Beacon South Quarter has hundreds of apartments across around 10 blocks. Smithfield Market is also hugely dense. The Grange in Stillorgan has around 300 units spread over 10 blocks with more apartments under construction

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Marcusm wrote: »
    The Alliance Building at the Gasworks (ie the building inside the gasometer) must be up there as there are 200 apartments in the single building. Can’t imagine there are many larger single apartment buildings.

Wow never knew that building had so many units. It’s a shame the apartments are so small and oddly shaped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Wow never knew that building had so many units. It’s a shame the apartments are so small and oddly shaped

And freezing cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

And freezing cold.

Are they so small for 2 beds and are they freezing cold? I rented one from September 08 until Feb 16 and never had those problems. Admittedly I was far from there full time. Being dual aspect was really good for getting air in them when you needed it.

Advertisement