Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Woman who led Gardai on M50 chase

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I heard before that a guard car chasing somebody must stay behind them at all times. They are not allowed to shunt a car or make contact with it.

I don't know if those are still the rules now but. In UK they would have boxed her in and stopped her that way.
    I think they tried to stinger her twice but she swerved around it.

Well according to the link in the OP, she is quoted as saying: "So they threw the sting out three times, tried to box me in three times, couldn’t do it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Why do you feign ignorance? Dublin is in tatters. Businesses permanently closed down. Many dead from the lockdown, not the virus. Police being assaulted in broad daylight.

It is easy to see where its headed. When the months come warm and the days get long. What have you seen that has swelled in numbers? Besides the unemployed and the downtrodden, both of which have combined to rally behind certain beliefs. A reaction to what is an unrighteous indignation of a people that has fought sinew to bone against a tyrannical state. Which in its darkest moments has become one in itself.

:D
    Its gonna get crazy pal.

It already has

pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

TheW1zard wrote: »
    I'd give her a lash

Wrong forum mate. Think you need this one

Mind you, even then you're stretching the meaning of "unusual" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Why do you feign ignorance? Dublin is in tatters. Businesses permanently closed down. Many dead from the lockdown, not the virus. Police being assaulted in broad daylight.

It is easy to see where its headed. When the months come warm and the days get long. What have you seen that has swelled in numbers? Besides the unemployed and the downtrodden, both of which have combined to rally behind certain beliefs. A reaction to what is an unrighteous indignation of a people that has fought sinew to bone against a tyrannical state. Which in its darkest moments has become one in itself.

Its gonna get crazy pal.

Also this is hilarious. There are some absolute head the balls out there, you are living in outer space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Also this is hilarious. There are some absolute head the balls out there, you are living in outer space.

Ah stop, he made a tenner off bitcoin he knows more than you ever will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

This guy has had many different profiles on here yet always let's himself down spouting rubbish.

Hellotonever that is, not themilkypirate

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The one thing I thought about this case was how was she allowed to drive from Ballymun to Bray and back with a phalanx of Gardai in pursuit, helicopter overhead, etc but without being stopped? Like thats an 80km round trip.

Are Gardai not allowed to use their cars/jeeps to run someone off the road? I know this isnt the movies but surely allowing someone do an 80km trip unhindered when you dont know their intentions is a lot more dangerous than tipping them off the road. What if she decided after 80kms of being chased to mount a footpath and kill a few pedestrians, people would be asking questions then as to why she wasnt stopped.

Im not blaming the Gardai or anything because it sounds to me like they dont have any proper procedures for this kind of crime. I know they have stinger devices but theyre only of use if you can spread it right across the road and you couldnt use them in a motorway environment. But many police forces do train police drivers in how to safely shunt cars off the road for these types of incidents. It sounds to me like its something the Gardai do not have in their arsenal but need to review getting it. Because it sounds crazy that someone could do 80kms putting other peoples lives in danger but not being tackled.

A page or two back you have users that were very quick to point the finger at Gardai and state that any attempt to stop her would have not only caused deaths, but the blame would be on the Gardai.

Other jurisdictions do indeed have methods and have gotten tougher in many cases as they have realised that stopping l the suspect is the safest option overall.

In Ireland however, you have gsoc and the high court who hold that Gardai have a duty of care to all person's including suspects. There's case law that Gardai giving chase caused the suspect to drive dangerously and therefore it was their fault for chasing.

Just like to point out that the images she is putting up appear to be the same ones from previous holidays even though she is supposedly in different places.

Just saying

It is what it is. She ain't stuck at home afraid of living her life. Like it or not it is true.

Many people aren't afraid to live thier lives but they have chosen not to live a pathetic life that will end prematurely and instead obtain a good life for themselves while being good parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

Many people aren't afraid to live thier lives but they have chosen not to live a pathetic life that will end prematurely and instead obtain a good life for themselves while being good parents.

Who said her life will end prematurely ? Plenty of straight laced fear brigade people die young too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Who said her life will end prematurely ? Plenty of straight laced fear brigade people die young too.

ahh you're mad...what are we afraid of?

Running amok?...lol

dontmindme wrote: »
    ahh you're mad...what are we afraid of?

Running amok?...lol

Maybe he meant Fire Brigade?? It's dangerous enough work, I wouldn't have the balls or ceann for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just like to point out that the images she is putting up appear to be the same ones from previous holidays even though she is supposedly in different places.

Just saying

thats it, just dumb posts meant to 'throw cab off the scent'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A page or two back you have users that were very quick to point the finger at Gardai and state that any attempt to stop her would have not only caused deaths, but the blame would be on the Gardai.

Other jurisdictions do indeed have methods and have gotten tougher in many cases as they have realised that stopping l the suspect is the safest option overall.

In Ireland however, you have gsoc and the high court who hold that Gardai have a duty of care to all person's including suspects. There's case law that Gardai giving chase caused the suspect to drive dangerously and therefore it was their fault for chasing.

Well that really needs to be looked at then because lone wolf terrorists in France have used cars to knock over and kill pedestrians. We had an incident on Henry Street here a few years back where a man used a car as a weapon then we also had that joyrider in Naas who was being pursued by Gardai but he killed an innocent woman in another car. In short these types of incidents are getting more and more frequent so the Gardai need to adjust their tactics to fit a new threat.

There might be a certain danger in shunting a car off the road but on any balance it has to be preferable to allowing someone going on a 80km joyride, presumably crossing lanes, breaking red lights, etc and all the dangers that that brings.

You'd hope in the upper levels of the Gardai they are examining this problem, theres no point fast forwarding a few years from now and dealing with it after we have some lone wolf terrorist attack with a car that the Gardai were powerless to stop.

These eejits think they are 'storming the capitol' on paddys day.

Fuckin clowns - self named "patriots" led by *brit bootlickers* (*the National Party*) & UDA men.

Ah c*nts being themselves on paddy's day is nothing new, but the NP certainly have a knack of attracting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The one thing I thought about this case was how was she allowed to drive from Ballymun to Bray and back with a phalanx of Gardai in pursuit, helicopter overhead, etc but without being stopped? Like thats an 80km round trip.

Are Gardai not allowed to use their cars/jeeps to run someone off the road? I know this isnt the movies but surely allowing someone do an 80km trip unhindered when you dont know their intentions is a lot more dangerous than tipping them off the road. What if she decided after 80kms of being chased to mount a footpath and kill a few pedestrians, people would be asking questions then as to why she wasnt stopped.

Im not blaming the Gardai or anything because it sounds to me like they dont have any proper procedures for this kind of crime. I know they have stinger devices but theyre only of use if you can spread it right across the road and you couldnt use them in a motorway environment. But many police forces do train police drivers in how to safely shunt cars off the road for these types of incidents. It sounds to me like its something the Gardai do not have in their arsenal but need to review getting it. Because it sounds crazy that someone could do 80kms putting other peoples lives in danger but not being tackled.

If they had rammed her off the road the investigation initiated by GSOC would make your hair stand on end.

Basically none of those Gardai wanted the GSOC microscope focused on them and why should they for a skanger like her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

nullzero wrote: »
    If they had rammed her off the road the investigation initiated by GSOC would make your hair stand on end.

Basically none of those Gardai wanted the GSOC microscope focused on them and why should they for a skanger like her?

this is where our society needs to cop itself on. If it were allowed by gardai that car should have been rammed into a barrier and her violently dragged from it and physically tossed into a van and everyone should think that was even too kind for her.

I am. I'm saying it.

I'm not debating the average age expectancy of a drug dealer / user to the general population because o shouldn't need to. They simple don't retire from old age

Well that really needs to be looked at then because lone wolf terrorists in France have used cars to knock over and kill pedestrians. We had an incident on Henry Street here a few years back where a man used a car as a weapon then we also had that joyrider in Naas who was being pursued by Gardai but he killed an innocent woman in another car. In short these types of incidents are getting more and more frequent so the Gardai need to adjust their tactics to fit a new threat.

There might be a certain danger in shunting a car off the road but on any balance it has to be preferable to allowing someone going on a 80km joyride, presumably crossing lanes, breaking red lights, etc and all the dangers that that brings.

You'd hope in the upper levels of the Gardai they are examining this problem, theres no point fast forwarding a few years from now and dealing with it after we have some lone wolf terrorist attack with a car that the Gardai were powerless to stop.

It has happened and it's the Gardai that were blamed. Gardai are a representation of wider society and the policing we have is the policing that society as a whole has shouted for. Maybe not the majority but certainly the vocal.
    this is where our society needs to cop itself on. If it were allowed by gardai that car should have been rammed into a barrier and her violently dragged from it and physically tossed into a van and everyone should think that was even too kind for her.

Except even within this little thread we have people looking to blame the Gardai had they done that.

Society or at least the silent majority may well agree but they aren't the ones making the calls. The very vocal are and they aren't shouting for that style of policing.

Your one shouldn't have the ability to make income from selling grass anyway, but that's too obvious, and probably too easy to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Apparently she's a drug dealer who openly has an Instagram about it and her fella broke up with her and ratted her out. Haven't looked into it myself as I'd rather not.

Awful waste of resources though, I saw the clip of a load of squad cars turning off a road to follow her and it's a never ending line of them which seems a bit excessive.

No doubt she'll get a slap on the wrist for her questionable mental state.

No, this is Ireland so she will not even get a slap on the wrist. Suspended sentence, i.e. no punishment, no deterrent, no credible threat of enforcement.

Does she seem worried about the consequences of her actions? Why would she be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Can't understand how criminals are so well protected

Because there's loads of money to be made if you work in the legal profession. It's obviously in the interests of our learned friends to keep as many scumbags on the street for as long as possible and therefore keep that "free" legal aid money rolling in.

Free to the scumbags of course. We're the ones paying for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Alaninwondeand

2021 where are they now..Vikki polard's kids.

• Everlong1 wrote: »
    Because there's loads of money to be made if you work in the legal profession. It's obviously in the interests of our learned friends to keep as many scumbags on the street for as long as possible and therefore keep that "free" legal aid money rolling in.

Free to the scumbags of course. We're the ones paying for it.

Thats basically the crux of it. Walk into any court entrance on a day of sittings looking lost and you will be swarmed by solicitors offering their services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Why didn’t the gaurds put her into St Pats ?

A danger to herself and society.

Lets hope whomever is assessing her rent in Ballymun decides she is not declaring her income and boards up her house while she is in Spain.

Not to mention a forensic review by CAB and the Social Welfare - not that I have much faith in either.
    Better still - maybe some forward thinking gaurd can ring up his counterpart in Alicante and have her booked for something there - quarrentine breaking, jaywalking, whatever - 2 years in a sweathole with no peroxide or bail and having to pay for her own legal aid will give us all a break.

Feral vermin.

Why didn’t the gaurds put her into St Pats ?

A danger to herself and society.

Lets hope whomever is assessing her rent in Ballymun decides she is not declaring her income and boards up her house while she is in Spain.

Not to mention a forensic review by CAB and the Social Welfare - not that I have much faith in either.
    Better still - maybe some forward thinking gaurd can ring up his counterpart in Alicante and have her booked for something there - quarrentine breaking, jaywalking, whatever - 2 years in a sweathole with no peroxide or bail and having to pay for her own legal aid will give us all a break.

Feral vermin.

Jesus :rolleyes:

SNIP

It is but thankfully we no longer do it outside of the severest of situations which had not been met in this situation.

Also curious how one goes about getting a driver committed without actually chasing and stopping them first

Also the lack of knowledge regarding the Spanish justice system and the suggestion that a phonecall results in a few years in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

nullzero wrote: »

Its not about protecting her, its about protecting the wider public from someone in a car on an 80km joyride up and down the M50. What if she was on kilometre 79 and decided to mow down and kill a bunch of pedestrians, it would be a very different story then.

If Gardai dont have the training or authorisation to shunt cars off the road then that needs to change. Sooner or later there will be a lone wolf domestic terror attack in Ireland and a car is the most likely weapon, and its a lot more likely than a bomb or a gun.

If they do have the training/authorisation then it begs the question as to why she was allowed to lead them on a merry dance from Ballymun to Bray and back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I’ve said it before on here. Psychiatric drug treatment and/or lobotomies for the Jimmy The Scumbag types with 100+ convictions.
    Prisons don’t work or deter criminal behaviour. Any financial penalty imposed doesn’t deter them either. There’s plenty of psychiatric drugs on the market that can be used to control these people’s behaviours. neurologically altering these people’s personalities so they are no longer capable of committing a crime.

child benefit needs to capped to a maximum of two children within a 4 year period and paid in vouchers (administered by local schools) redeemable for clothing and educational supplies. Social housing priority policy reverted back to those who are longest on the list. Jobseeker’s Allowance gets a lot of bashing on this site, but it isn’t JSA that’s the problem, it’s the lone parent payment. It encourages women to get pregnant multiple times to avoid having to seek work. Payment needs abolishing altogether and existing claimants moved over to JSA, supports given for babysitting/crèche whilst parent is out jobseeking.

Make it illegal for a child to leave school without attaining at minimum the leaving cert applied or a certificate of finishing school. Sanctions of adult benefits if a child misses school without good reason or is a constant disruption/suspended in school. Do all of the above and there’d be none of these types of scumbags by 2040 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I’ve said it before on here. Psychiatric drug treatment and/or lobotomies for the Jimmy The Scumbag types with 100+ convictions.
    Prisons don’t work or deter criminal behaviour. Any financial penalty imposed doesn’t deter them either. There’s plenty of psychiatric drugs on the market that can be used to control these people’s behaviours. neurologically altering these people’s personalities so they are no longer capable of committing a crime.

child benefit needs to capped to a maximum of two children within a 4 year period and paid in vouchers (administered by local schools) redeemable for clothing and educational supplies. Social housing priority policy reverted back to those who are longest on the list. Jobseeker’s Allowance gets a lot of bashing on this site, but it isn’t JSA that’s the problem, it’s the lone parent payment. It encourages women to get pregnant multiple times to avoid having to seek work. Payment needs abolishing altogether and existing claimants moved over to JSA, supports given for babysitting/crèche whilst parent is out jobseeking.

Make it illegal for a child to leave school without attaining at minimum the leaving cert applied or a certificate of finishing school. Sanctions of adult benefits if a child misses school without good reason or is a constant disruption/suspended in school. Do all of the above and there’d be none of these types of scumbags by 2040 left.

Or bring in 100 lashes with a thorny branch. Pain is the only thing these scumbags might respond to. Physical pain, with everlasting scars. The threat of that consequence might deter the few that have more than a half-dozen brain cells.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement