Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy hybrid alarm for self install?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently bought a house which was secured by a phonewatch Simon-XT system. I have no interest paying eircom for monitoring though, and would much prefer to self monitor.

The house was wired for alarm, and I've traced and labelled all the wires back where a wired panel would go. Issue is that there are two extensions which were not wired for alarm.

Because of this I want to go down the hybrid route, and I've no issue fitting the system myself. Down the road I may extend wiring into the extensions but for now the hybrid approach should work.

Can anyone recommend what systems work best, and where I could get them from? I've been looking at the HKC SW-10270. I'd like to have a GSM module for the self monitoring.

Parts I'll be needing are:
    Wired: PIR (x2), Contacts/inertia (x3)
    Wireless: PIR (x2), Contact/inertia (x9)
    Misc: Internal sounder, Siren box, panic switch, remote panel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

nimrod86 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've recently bought a house which was secured by a phonewatch Simon-XT system. I have no interest paying eircom for monitoring though, and would much prefer to self monitor.

The house was wired for alarm, and I've traced and labelled all the wires back where a wired panel would go. Issue is that there are two extensions which were not wired for alarm.

Because of this I want to go down the hybrid route, and I've no issue fitting the system myself. Down the road I may extend wiring into the extensions but for now the hybrid approach should work.

Can anyone recommend what systems work best, and where I could get them from? I've been looking at the HKC SW-10270. I'd like to have a GSM module for the self monitoring.

Parts I'll be needing are:
    Wired: PIR (x2), Contacts/inertia (x3)
    Wireless: PIR (x2), Contact/inertia (x9)
    Misc: Internal sounder, Siren box, panic switch, remote panel

Here is a link to suppliers list.

Advertisement