Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magna Clean

• 08-03-2021 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Magna Clean attached to my gas boiler and there is a wooden shelf/cupboard built around the entire unit. Have a guy coming to service the boiler tomorrow and having just watched a YouTube video on Magna Clean system I'm not sure he'll be able to access it with the wooden shelf built around it. Am I going to have to cut away some of the wood thats blocking the unit so he can service it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Picture of the current set up
    Hi,
    I have a Magna Clean attached to my gas boiler and there is a wooden shelf/cupboard built around the entire unit. Have a guy coming to service the boiler tomorrow and having just watched a YouTube video on Magna Clean system I'm not sure he'll be able to access it with the wooden shelf built around it. Am I going to have to cut away some of the wood thats blocking the unit so he can service it?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

You shouldn't need a plumber to service the MagnaClean. There should be 2 isolation valves on the 2 connections to the vessel. Then you use the special wrench to screw open the top. You then have to withdraw the internal cylindrical magnet. Looking at your set up it looks like you don't have enough clearance to withdrawn the magnet. Summary : the 'plumber' who installed that device should hold his head in shame. I'd call him a 'cowboy' but John Wayne would be turning in his grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think the newer ones can also be disconnected once the isolation valves are closed, if it's the older one, then it looks like the board is in the way (and you'll get the contents dripping everywhere after the top is loosened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭downtheroad

youtheman wrote: »
    You shouldn't need a plumber to service the MagnaClean. There should be 2 isolation valves on the 2 connections to the vessel. Then you use the special wrench to screw open the top. You then have to withdraw the internal cylindrical magnet. Looking at your set up it looks like you don't have enough clearance to withdrawn the magnet. Summary : the 'plumber' who installed that device should hold his head in shame. I'd call him a 'cowboy' but John Wayne would be turning in his grave.

The cabinet was installed after the plumbing, so its the carpenter to blame unfortunately.

Advertisement