Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

Just out of interest, possibly asked before. Does/will Harry still enjoy diplomatic immunity?

I wonder if he can leave the Royal family for all intents and purposes, but still be tied to it via blood.

For example, and god forbid he'd ever find himself in any trouble, but Andrew can't be extradited and seems safe enough from questioning in the States so long as he doesn't travel there. Would Harry also be afforded diplomatic immunity now going forward?

Is the immunity tied to the title, or the blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

H&M must be spending a fortune with their huge PR team.

Yep, I think the lifestyle they want is far beyond their current means, hence the desperate cash grab and the huge PR machine trying to ensure they get it. I mean, they are hanging out with the likes of Oprah and the Clooneys, they are now the "poor" friends and need to keep up lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Get Real wrote: »
    Just out of interest, possibly asked before. Does/will Harry still enjoy diplomatic immunity?

I wonder if he can leave the Royal family for all intents and purposes, but still be tied to it via blood.

For example, and god forbid he'd ever find himself in any trouble, but Andrew can't be extradited and seems safe enough from questioning in the States so long as he doesn't travel there. Would Harry also be afforded diplomatic immunity now going forward?

Is the immunity tied to the title, or the blood?

I think even if he left the family entirely, he would still be treated as British Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭NSAman

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    I think even if he left the family entirely, he would still be treated as British Prince.

Sounds like he very much “The fresh Prince of Bel aire”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NSAman wrote: »
    Sounds like he very much “The fresh Prince of Bel aire”

Careful now or you'll be called a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is my favourite line from the Gayle King thing;

“The breakfast show host also suggested that Meghan was unhappy no one in the Royal Family had thought to telephone her”

Wow.

tenor.gif?itemid=4200663

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This is my favourite line from the Gayle King thing;

“The breakfast show host also suggested that Meghan was unhappy no one in the Royal Family had thought to telephone her”

Wow.

tenor.gif?itemid=4200663

Ah bless her.

To thine own self be true

"Hey Meg, it's Her Maj, just calling to say you were glowing in that interview. Any news?"

I'm shocked too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

Yeah, I don’t understand why a $15m mansion with 16 bathrooms is necessary. Wouldn’t a $2/3m home be much more “modest” (it’s all relative obviously) and in keeping with a couple who say they have been financially cut off (LOL) and now need to watch their outgoings a bit more?

The interview brings even more attention. More attention = more security needed. So the issue is not that they require security, but they don’t want to pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Shelga wrote: »
    Yeah, I don’t understand why a $15m mansion with 16 bathrooms is necessary. Wouldn’t a $2/3m home be much more “modest” (it’s all relative obviously) and in keeping with a couple who say they have been financially cut off (LOL) and now need to watch their outgoings a bit more?

The interview brings even more attention. More attention = more security needed. So the issue is not that they require security, but they don’t want to pay for it?

When I first watched the interview, I was on the fence to a degree.

But as the days pass my sympathy dwindles.

Yes the Royals, in my eyes, are mostly a rotten entity. But its hard to see Meghan as anything other than a vain fame whore.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »

Yes the Royals, in my eyes, are mostly a rotten entity. But its hard to see Meghan as anything other than a vain fame whore.

Yep, big house and no daddy to pay for it. Tis a hard knock life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Shelga

beakerjoe wrote: »

Think I mostly agree with this. I was Team H&M when they left the RF, as I think it’s a horrible institution and I really don’t think they’re lying when they say she/they struggled with the press attention (regardless of whether you believe she just wanted positive press, etc)- who wouldn’t struggle?

But I just keep thinking- what did they hope to achieve with this interview? It’s just feeding the beast of ever-growing security, which they then have to pay for. And burns Harry’s bridges completely with his family.

I think it’s when Meghan said she regretted ever trusting they’d look after her, rather than saying something like “I regret it’s come to this, and I regret that my husband’s relationship with his family has been damaged.” Something like that would have not have been admitting fault on her part, necessarily, but still would have acknowledged how sad and painful this all is.

But nope, the two of them can do no wrong.

One thing that I was very uncomfortable with.. was when MM said she had lost a lot, her father, a baby, her name.
    I'm still undecided if she was alluding to the fact that the "truths" they spoke about contributed to the baby dying in some way or if she was just saying that it's been a bad few years overall.
    I think if they felt that way, that would be a bitter blow for Harry's family (or any family) to hear.

Yep, big house and no daddy to pay for it. Tis a hard knock life.

But allegedly he did pay for it. Guess it's the running costs that are too much for them, the poor loves. Of course, they couldn't possibly downsize, that's for plebs. seems like they want to live like royalty without actually doing the duty that it entails.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    But allegedly he did pay for it. Guess it's the running costs that are too much for them, the poor loves. Of course, they couldn't possibly downsize, that's for plebs.pleasure. seems like they want to live like royalty without actually doing the duty that it entails.
    So he paid for the house and they've made him a suspected racist?

Staggering when you think about it. Harry should be mortified.

I hadn't heard of Gayle King before this thread. Anyone want to give me a synopsis?

I hadn't heard of Gayle King before this thread. Anyone want to give me a synopsis?

American TV presenter. Bestie of Oprah.

American TV presenter. Bestie of Oprah.

She's annoying me already. :p

She's annoying me already. :p

She often used to appear on Oprah's show as a contributor.

She often used to appear on Oprah's show as a contributor.

The interview was the first time I've watched Oprah. I'd have changed the channel in the past if I landed on it. Too American for my taste.

• Advertisement

The interview was the first time I've watched Oprah. I'd have changed the channel in the past if I landed on it. Too American for my taste.

I find Oprah vulgar.
    I remember once on her show, she was talking about how a male celebrity friend gifted her a new car.
    Then Gayle saw it and commented it was nice or something, so the guy gifted her one then.
    They were making some joke with another guest on the show that neither of them were even "boinking" this guy.
    I thought to myself: how fcuking out of touch with reality are these muppets?

I find Oprah vulgar.
    I remember once on her show, she was talking about how a male celebrity friend gifted her a new car.
    Then Gayle saw it and commented it was nice or something, so the guy gifted her one then.
    They were making some joke with another guest on the show that neither of them were even "boinking" this guy.

Ah here!

Ah here!

I just googled it and it was Tyler Perry, whom I actually had never heard of before he gave M+H a loan of his house.

I just googled it and it was Tyler Perry, whom I actually had never heard of before he gave M+H a loan of his house.

Jesus, he's very generous. Do you happen to know how I can contact him?

I find Oprah vulgar.

I admire Oprah for her achievements. If anyone knows what it's like to have an extremely hard upbringing and to live in poverty with an unsupportive family, it's her. I'm sure she was inwardly rolling her eyes at their complaining

Something 'off' about a 10 year old?

I get Damien vibes :D

As I said it's from reading rubbish, like plenty of you posting on the thread. Pictures of her pushing George, standing on the train of Eugene's wedding dress, encouraging the younger ones to be giddy during serious events.

Not really though. It's just a bit of speculation about a family I find fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has the penny dropped for the “poor Meghan” brigade yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

walshb wrote: »
    Has the penny dropped for the “poor Meghan” brigade yet?

Give over. It was half 6 in the morning, did you roll off the bed and post that straight away? Nothing interesting to add or point to make, just decided to troll first thing on St Patricks day? Jesus. Meghan obviously lives rent free in your head. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Give over. It was half 6 in the morning, did you roll off the bed and post that straight away? Nothing interesting to add or point to make, just decided to troll first thing on St Patricks day? Jesus. Meghan obviously lives rent free in your head. :pac:

Piers Morgan isn't the only one obsessed with her by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Stateofyou wrote: »

I have many accurate and succinct posts made on this thread..

Just decided my first for the day would be short and sweet, and right to the point!!!

So, people, has the penny dropped about Markle?

Advertisement