Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Housefree

Tandey wrote: »
    Did she ask him to marry her? She fell in love with someone. Something you wouldn’t understand it seems

She fell in love with her major meal ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The last king Henry ( which is harry's birth name) defeated the French in the 100 year war. This guy is feeding chickens in California!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

gmisk wrote: »
    The constant barrage of negative stories on her especially is absolutely horrendous.
    Not to reply to my own post...but that bullying allegation from 3 years ago...just came out recently...what a coincidence...how handy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JeffKenna wrote: »
    How much would security cost? Genuine question.
    60k per security guard per year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Definitely more negative articles about her in Britain than him and when you compare what they are accused of that's ridiculous. Where's the consistent pressure for him to answer to the FBIs call to be interviewed? Sleeping with minors, child trafficking investigation etc its hardly comparable to who made who cry between kate and meghan.

In regards that, I don't think there will ever be closure on that case.
    Never mind The Royals for a second, a lot of American "celebrities" were involved in that and it's not something they want getting out

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    She also said until you are in the inside, you won't know what it's like to be in the family.

No one here has a clue what it's like no matter what reaserch we do

I mean both Diana and Fergie gave detailed easily accessible interviews about what its like. Meghan is not saying anything we don't know about what its like to be a member of the royal family.

What surprises me is that she claims to have been absolutely suffocated by the lack of freedom but yet wanted her child to have a title and be subject to that suffocation. From what Zara Tindall says being a member of the royal family without the baggage of having a title is great

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor chap is going to fall between two stools

Tandey wrote: »
    Did she ask him to marry her? She fell in love with someone. Something you wouldn’t understand it seems

Lol!
    What is that supposed to mean.
    Do your brain stop working when you fall in love?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

leahyl wrote: »
    Charles is completely brainwashed by the “institution” it seems, even the Queen seems more compassionate.

The only genuine compassion I have ever seen the Queen express was for herself, with her Annus horribilis speech referencing the fire that damaged her precious Winsor Castle.

unbelievable shyte, first world problems for 2 spoilt, entitled, deluded people who will never have to worry about money for the rest of their lives! Turned it off after 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

He got a lot less vitriol from them than these two bizarrely....and of course Andrew was stripped of his royal titles.....

No wait he wasn't.

If they try strip their titles it has to be done by an act of Parliament... last time this was done was for the German cousins in WW1.... imagine the cluster!ck it would cause in the house of commons.

Id say no one complain for Andrew though..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Definitely more negative articles about her in Britain than him and when you compare what they are accused of that's ridiculous. Where's the consistent pressure for him to answer to the FBIs call to be interviewed? Sleeping with minors, child trafficking investigation etc its hardly comparable to who made who cry between kate and meghan.

You called him a paedophile. A very very damning thing to claim about any person.

He is alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old.

Do you still stand by your matter of fact claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MOR316 wrote: »
    Like she did with a certain two other individuals...

Exactly. Where are those 2 lying dirtbags now? Hopefully they've crawled back under their respective rocks. Their lawsuits were dismissed before that disgraceful hitpiece with no facts, but loads of proven lies, and they're being dismissed again. The courts care about the truth, not salacious, biased tabloid style BS.

Michael Jackson Exonerated as Judge Dismisses James Safechuck Case, Wade Robson Will Be Next

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/10/21/michael-jackson-exonerated-as-judge-dismisses-james-safechuck-case-wade-robson-will-be-next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Housefree wrote: »

Yeah her own 5million wasn’t much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think it's more of being in a situation where the national anthem plays and she's filmed not singing it, she'll get slated.

She had also said previously that she didn't know anything about royal family and hadnt googled them so didnt know what she was getting into...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Housefree wrote: »

She was worth around $4 M when she met Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭Xander10

Future funeral engagements will be awkward. Presume they will stay away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Stripped of his royal titles?
    Nope..

I don't think he can be stripped of his royal titles unless he is proven guilty of something, and stripped as consequence. He hasn't been at this stage.

And as yet, H&M haven't been stripped of anything, so I don't buy this inequality point you and others are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭sully123

Did she even mention Humphrey Yogart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

bubblypop wrote: »
    Lol!
    What is that supposed to mean.
    Do your brain stop working when you fall in love?

Mine didn’t no. Thanks for the concern though:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

€150 per year for our monitored house alarm. Includes one annual service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

walshb wrote: »
    You called him a paedophile. A very very damning thing to claim

He is alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old.

Do you still stand by your matter of fact claim?

You're very naive if you think that's all that happened if he continued to hang out and stay over at a convicted pedos place, pictured smiling with a groomed girl inside Epsteins house. I'm sure in your world he doesn't sweat either.

"Epstein pleaded guilty and was convicted in 2008 by a Florida state court of procuring a child for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute. He served almost 13 months in custody, but with extensive work release."

Andrew continued to stay over at his after this. Anyway continue defending that sicko. Says a lot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The most ridiculous thing about the whole interview was they were revealing things but at the same time weren’t revealing anything - she wouldn’t say what the argument with Kate was about (while at the same time throwing Kate under the bus), they wouldn’t say who made the comments about the colour of the baby’s skin...so like, what’s the point of the interview really? Making all these shocking revelations but really not giving any details.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bubblypop wrote: »
    Well she probably should have married into any other family then.
    You join the Royal family, you know what you're getting into.

yes, something that is a cult in all but name, followed by cultists in all but name.
    hence her and her husband both had enough and got out, and quite right they did for their own sakes.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You're very naive if you think that's all that happened if he continued to hang out and stay over at a convicted pedos place, pictured smiling with a groomed girl inside Epsteins house. I'm sure in your world he doesn't sweat either.

"Epstein pleaded guilty and was convicted in 2008 by a Florida state court of procuring a child for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute. He served almost 13 months in custody, but with extensive work release."

Andrew continued to stay over at his after this.

Ok,

So, are you saying he is paedophile because he knew one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

LillySV wrote: »
    She had also said previously that she didn't know anything about royal family and hadnt googled them so didnt know what she was getting into...

Yeah she visited Buckingham palace as a teenager and tourist. I’m sure she didn’t think of linking Harry with that huge big building and wondering what kind of people live there...,,, just more ould ****e.
    I always thought Harry was a drip now I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

walshb wrote: »
    Ok,

So, are you saying he is paedophile because he knew one?

Are you actually defending associating with a pedophile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

what was the point of that exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Are you actually defending associating with a pedophile?

Tbf, Louis Theroux does it quite a bit...

• Advertisement

The Daily Mail (so take that with a grain of salt) said £7.6m a year if they were getting Met Police officers to protect them in the States so that would have meant them flying over for several weeks to work and obviously do a lot of overtime and then paying them to fly home (so ridiculous environmentally and I can't believe they ever thought the tax payer would be happy with that)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7902651/Taxpayers-look-set-paying-7-6million-year-security-bill-Harry-Meghan.html

So it wouldn't cost as much as that if you're not having people fly in and out. I remember Caitlyn Jenner saying that Kylie spends $300-400K a month (https://people.com/tv/caitlyn-jenner-estimates-kylie-jenner-security-costs/) on security so I would guess they would be in the same ballpark like $4-5 million a year for high level security in LA.

Advertisement