Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

jm08 wrote: »
    l................ He was commissioned into the Army and rose to the rank of Captain within 10 years. They were earned promotions in a real job.

An him being a member of the RF was key to that, if you think otherwise you are naïve in the extreme IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Augeo wrote: »
    An him being a member of the RF was key to that, if you think otherwise you are naïve in the extreme IMO.

I'd say the last place the RF or the MOD wanted a member of the RF was on a tour in Afghanistan. I'd say that progressing from Leutenant to captain is fairly automatic anyway, based on years of service and experience.

I don't know what your angle is on putting Harry down - is it a reverse snobbery thing?

I don't really see how Bressie going around to blue chip companies charging huge cash for an afternoon of chatting to a canteen full of folk can be seen as good tbh.

It's corporations ticking a box and Bressie picking up loads of cash. An amount totally out of proportion, getting someone in from Pieta House or similar and paying them the same would be good but that doesn't tick the same box.

Why do you think the box needs to be ticked in the first place or do you think its all a load of mumble jumble.

I'd say the last place the RF or the MOD wanted a member of the RF was on a tour in Afghanistan. I'd say that progressing from Leutenant to captain is fairly automatic anyway, based on years of service and experience.

I don't know what your angle is on putting Harry down - is it a reverse snobbery thing?

What's your angle on talking him up, if as you say progrssion to captain is fairly automatic anyway based on years service and experience why is "I think he retired as a Captain" any sort of achievement? 10
    Why do you think the box needs to be ticked in the first place or do you think its all a load of mumble jumble.

Large companies are full of all sorts of work life balance, healthy happy employees rubbish.

They'll get Bressie in for 3 hours and expect eveyone to get the weeks work done in 3 hours less than normal whilst throwing €20k at Bressie, corporate t0ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9396457/Better-CEO-Alexi-Robichaux-tells-crafted-Chief-Impact-Officer-role-Prince-Harry.html

Meet Harry’s new boss: Better Up CEO tells how they ‘crafted Chief Impact Officer role together’ after viewing his four buckets of opportunity’.. as Duke can look forward to yoga, hanging out with office dog ‘Gordo’ and partying with staff in a onesie.
    He said: “We were just so impressed, and really I think there was such a natural chemistry and synergy around the insights and the contributions he can make creatively to BetterUp in ensuring that we achieve our mission”

I need four buckets to puke in.

• Advertisement

Be careful, that could be seen as reverse snobbery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9396457/Better-CEO-Alexi-Robichaux-tells-crafted-Chief-Impact-Officer-role-Prince-Harry.html

Meet Harry’s new boss: Better Up CEO tells how they ‘crafted Chief Impact Officer role together’ after viewing his four buckets of opportunity’.. as Duke can look forward to yoga, hanging out with office dog ‘Gordo’ and partying with staff in a onesie.
    He said: “We were just so impressed, and really I think there was such a natural chemistry and synergy around the insights and the contributions he can make creatively to BetterUp in ensuring that we achieve our mission”

Just 4??!

No, reckon it's just a realistic angle.

You read the Daily Mail? That explains a lot.

What's your angle on talking him up, if as you say progrssion to captain is fairly automatic anyway based on years service and experience why is "I think he retired as a Captain" any sort of achievement?
    I feel sorry for him because he was born into something that isn't fit for purpose in this day and age.

Large companies are full of all sorts of work life balance, healthy happy employees rubbish.
    Having availed of some of this ''rubbish'' I quite enjoyed it and it does help. I particularly found useful some assertiveness training way back in the 80s.

They'll get Bressie in for 3 hours and expect eveyone to get the weeks work done in 3 hours less than normal whilst throwing €20k at Bressie, corporate t0ss.

Depends on the company and how it is managed. Maybe it might be a good thing to explain to management that expecting your workers to magically make up 3 hours isn't really a good idea for the work/life balance of healthy employees.

• Advertisement

Yes I’m the Chief Impact Officer of the Piers Morgan fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

And you accuse others on here of showing snobbery?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm worried about gordo's mental health.

surely it's cruel having a dog just to be petted by millenials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Neyite wrote: »
    See, that's how going your own way from the royal family is done.

Harry and Meghan could have done it this way if they wanted. But they wanted to be Hollywood royalty.

And that's why circus with Archie's birth happened. Their US PR company wanted everything to be announced in time the best for California, not UK. Hence delays. It was definitely not an issue of wanting intimate moments for themselves, only wanting much bigger audience overseas.

Case of reverse snobbery?!

Case of reverse snobbery?!

No. That would be ordinary snobbery as the Daily Mail is a just a rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I would think him being a member of the RF was key in that career progression.

Indeed. He was hardly going to be a lowly Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

No. That would be ordinary snobbery as the Daily Mail is a just a rag.

Any snobbery is not the best attitude to have.

He 'will fight against misinformation'. Better start at home so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What a load if waffle. Ehat does any of that even mean?

More scuther

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

He seems to be "weighing in" on a lot but never "managing a team".

In other words, a famous face to parade for publicity.

I think people will tire of this fairly quickly and they'll struggle for purpose then.

I think people will tire of this fairly quickly and they'll struggle for purpose then.
    But what will he be actually doing?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    But what will he be actually doing?

Ehhhmmmm, weighing in? :D

Product development is mentioned too. I'd imagine it will be another case of "Here's your speech, let practice your body language and tone of voice, pause here and look at the audience, keep your answers to your personal experiences and wear this".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Must be the Oprah effect. "You get a job, and you get a job" but they're all for Harry lol.

It's weird that these releases are being made for UK time. It's only 6.30am on the west coast. Same yesterday, despite both parties being located in California. Guess they don't want to play second fiddle to any other possible royal announcements or events, despite supposedly not wanting to be involved at all. They seemingly want to get the morning headlines in the UK, despite apparently hating the UK press. Weird.

He’s like Rodney Trotter with his 2 GCSE’s whose job is “a little bit of this little bit of that”

Ehhhmmmm, weighing in? :D

Product development is mentioned too. I'd imagine it will be another case of "Here's your speech, let practice your body language and tone of voice, pause here and look at the audience, keep your answers to your personal experiences and wear this".
    Product development? But there is no product!

He’s like Rodney Trotter with his 2 GCSE’s whose job is “a little bit of this little bit of that”
    Ah now, that's not fair! Harry has a few A-Levels. One of them in Art.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Product development? But there is no product!

They're selling well-being tips to promote positive mental health, aka preying on the vulnerable or annoying employees forced to sit through a presentation.

Advertisement