Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He’s like Rodney Trotter with his 2 GCSE’s whose job is “a little bit of this little bit of that”

In fairness he is a Sandhurst graduate.
    As much as I hold the RF and the British Army in disdain, they tend to turn out decent quality officers and the skills in man management, logistics and adaptability learnt are very much in demand in private industry.

That said Harry is going from managing an FCS and weapon system, along with small teams experience with a span of 30 at most.
    To board room level appointments...

It's not an "earned" position on anything other than celebrity.

It's like appointing the assistant manager of Spar as the CIO of Deutsche Bank...
    Mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

They're selling well-being tips to promote positive mental health, aka preying on the vulnerable or annoying employees forced to sit through a presentation.
    So, peddling bull****? Well, I suppose when you're born into the most successful grifting dynasty on the planet, you'd be well qualified to weigh in on developing that product.A whole load money for a whole load of nothing that you've convinced the population is the most important something there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

JoChervil wrote: »
    Any snobbery is not the best attitude to have.

Contempt for the Daily Mail would be more my attitude.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

jm08 wrote: »
    You read the Daily Mail? That explains a lot.

Mod: Anymore of this and you will lose posting privileges in this thread. Discuss the topic and leave the snide personal comments out of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0324/1205769-prince-harry-job/

"Will not manage employees or have direct reports", he's really just pimping his name.

I hope for his sake the marriage lasts, he's not going to be able to go home with his tail between his legs and pick up where he left off.

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0324/1205769-prince-harry-job/

"Will not manage employees or have direct reports", he's really just pimping his name.

I hope for his sake the marriage lasts, he's not going to be able to go home with his tail between his legs and pick up where he left off.

William loves him and will always look out for him.

They've fallen out though and William seems to follow the rules, in public anyway.

They've fallen out though and William seems to follow the rules, in public anyway.

I think that William will still stand by him. Blood is thicker than water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I think William might have lost trust in him and may decide to put his own family and his duties first.

I think William might have lost trust in him and may decide to put his own family and his duties first.

Especially now that he could be a potential racist.

• Advertisement

Especially now that he could be a potential racist.

Or his wife, Catherine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Agreed. An interpretation of that quote is that people are closer to those they've gone through strife together with than they are with immediate family. The "brothers in arms" cliché. Blood of the battle stronger than the water of the womb. I'd say William feels betrayed by him on a personal level by agreeing to do that interview and he's happy to cut ties with "Haz" with his family and senior role being far more important than the prodigal prince.

valoren wrote: »
    Agreed. An interpretation of that quote is that people are closer to those they've gone through strife together with than they are with immediate family. The "brothers in arms" cliché. Blood of the battle stronger than the water of the womb. I'd say William feels betrayed by him on a personal level by agreeing to do that interview and he's happy to cut ties with his family and senior role being far more important than the prodigal prince.

He appears to have a rock solid marriage so I doubt he would do anything to jeopardise it. And there's probably loads that happened behind the scenes that we know nothing about!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Or his wife, Catherine.

She said sorry, and bought flowers!!!!!

walshb wrote: »
    She said sorry, and bought flowers!!!!!

And apparently might have got a door slammed in her face for her trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What’s interesting about the “the reverse happened” statement about making Kate cry is that in the book Omid Scobie wrote for Meghan (and she contributed towards) it’s stated that nobody cried at the dress fitting. He resides up Meghan’s arse that fella so surely he would have gotten the story straight? Very odd how she has put forward two variations of the same story. And interestingly a writer at The Times stated last week that Kate was actually very upset because Meghan had apparently insulted Charlotte by saying she had gotten too big for her dress. Wild claim to make when you know how litigious Meghan is but so far not a dicky bird from Meghan about that..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He appears to have a rock solid marriage so I doubt he would do anything to jeopardise it.

Yeah apart from all the rumours that he's cheated on her more than once. Yet he seems to be viewed as a saint. But I guess people only believe rumours and gossip when it's about Harry and Meghan and it suits their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

William cheated on Kate when married?

Not a fooking chance that happened...

Maybe years ago people can hide this...

Today, you can’t fooking fart without it being all over the place..

Cheated on her as “kids?” Well, if true, that’s completely different...

They look to have a proper loving and respectful union. Mature!

Yeah apart from all the rumours that he's cheated on her more than once. Yet he seems to be viewed as a saint. But I guess people only believe rumours and gossip when it's about Harry and Meghan and it suits their agenda.

We've all heard the rumours and I've said on this very thread that it would be great if Kate dropped the perfect wife act.

It's not that we believe William or Kate, but they're not giving sensationalist interviews for us to comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

What’s interesting about the “the reverse happened” statement about making Kate cry is that in the book Omid Scobie wrote for Meghan (and she contributed towards) it’s stated that nobody cried at the dress fitting. He resides up Meghan’s arse that fella so surely he would have gotten the story straight? Very odd how she has put forward two variations of the same story. And interestingly a writer at The Times stated last week that Kate was actually very upset because Meghan had apparently insulted Charlotte by saying she had gotten too big for her dress. Wild claim to make when you know how litigious Meghan is but so far not a dicky bird from Meghan about that..

While saying "the reverse happened", Meghan said twice that Kate was upset about something. Kate was somewhere between 1 and 4 weeks post partum. That's a period where the hormonal rollercoaster that happens post pregnancy is in full swing. The hormones involved in crying are right up in there. I'd be astounded if Kate was upset and didn't cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Do you know all the aspirational bull**** that people spout for an hour-long seminar with BetterYou. Do people actually believe it? Does it really motivate them?

BettyS wrote: »
    Do you know all the aspirational bull**** that people spout for an hour-long seminar with BetterYou. Do people actually believe it? Does it really motivate them?

I'd imagine it's far too American for this side of the pond. Buzzwords and nonsense phrases don't suit the Irish personality and sense of humour, so it's bizarre that it's starting to creep in over here.

Now, excuse me, I need to gaze into my navel and realign my energy for inner tranquility.

While saying "the reverse happened", Meghan said twice that Kate was upset about something. Kate was somewhere between 1 and 4 weeks post partum. That's a period where the hormonal rollercoaster that happens post pregnancy is in full swing. The hormones involved in crying are right up in there. I'd be astounded if Kate was upset and didn't cry.

The story goes that Kate was very upset about William having an affair with their friend and neighbour Rose Hanbury while she was pregnant at that time. Meghan was the Firm's sacrificial lamb to keep it out of the British tabloids and fair play to Meghan she didn't explain why Kate was in tears and referred to her as a good person.

The story goes that Kate was very upset about William having an affair with their friend and neighbour Rose Hanbury while she was pregnant at that time. Meghan was the Firm's sacrificial lamb to keep it out of the British tabloids and fair play to Meghan she didn't explain why Kate was in tears and referred to her as a good person.

What story goes? Where did you read that?

What story goes? Where did you read that?

Can't remember now (probably on twitter) but if you search for Rose Hanbury & Prince William you will get the lowdown on it. Prince William threatened the tabloids with legal action over it. Seems William has a bit of a roving eye, just like his father and grandfather!

Can't remember now (probably on twitter) but if you search for Rose Hanbury & Prince William you will get the lowdown on it. Prince William threatened the tabloids with legal action over it. Seems William has a bit of a roving eye, just like his father and grandfather!

No thanks, Twitter is a cesspit for false information posted by any old ejit. And to think you were turning your nose up at me reading the Daily Mail :pac:

William and Kate, by and large, keep themselves to themselves and if they have had marriage troubles that’s their business to sort. They don’t make grand statements on global tv and don’t piss people off by being massive hypocrites.
    It’s very strange that you seem to be almost upset that nobody will believe the rumours about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

You are making a lot of assumptions there. But as somebody who derides others for reading the Daily Mail on the basis of it being a rag, I would like to state that your comment is a rag, full of unproven truths. Ps I bet that you think that it is terrible when the press spread lies about Meghan and Harry

No thanks, Twitter is a cesspit for false information posted by any old ejit. And to think you were turning your nose up at me reading the Daily Mail :pac:

Twitter can be a cesspit, but I find it handy to get a quick summary of what is going on in the world. A quick google actually confirm that Meghan was thrown to the wolves to save William's skin as there is little no no mention of any of the British tabloids, while some magazines like Marie Claire and some of the Australian newspapers carry the story.

https://micky.com.au/prince-william-worried-about-rose-hanbury-affair-rumors-because-of-harry-meghan/?amp

OK magazine is talking about it as well.

• Advertisement

If he had a roving eye, it was probably when he was in his teens. He came from a broken home, where both parents had affairs and I can't see that he would cause the same pain to his own kids.

Advertisement