Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did anyone else notice that she said the conversation about the baby's colour was specific to her pregnancy?
    And he said it was said in general, when they were dating, about any future children they might have.
    Either way it's sh*tty but I felt Oprah should have challenged that discrepancy.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

Don’t really have much of an opinion on Megan to be honest, seems to be acting and certainly getting her own way

Harry on the other hand I used to like and thought he was a decent fella , turns out he’s whipped to within an inch of his life , has no problem turning his back on his family and going to America to have a little bitch and moan to Oprah and trying to be a cool celebrity with James Corden .

He better hope this marriage doesn’t end anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I'd say they'll have to announce Prince Phillips death now to deflect all the bad press. Probably thawing him out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are you actually defending associating with a pedophile?

No.

Please read what I wrote..slowly!

The poster called Andrew a paedophile..

I asked why

It seems that knowing or associating with a paedophile automatically makes you one....

Andrew is alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old girl..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

leahyl wrote: »
    The most ridiculous thing about the whole interview was they were revealing things but at the same time weren’t revealing anything - she wouldn’t say what the argument with Kate was about (while at the same time throwing Kate under the bus), they wouldn’t say who made the comments about the colour of the baby’s skin...so like, what’s the point of the interview really? Making all these shocking revelations but really not giving any details.

Excellent point. An obvious point not made strongly enough.

They gave no context, just made accusations.

They made it a thing of 'well, who do you believe'.

I absolutely do not believe Meghan, and that is my instinctive intuition without any proof. She seems to have toxic relations with her own family and here she is again being involved in more toxic relationships. The common factor is her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

screamer wrote: »
    Yeah she visited Buckingham palace as a teenager and tourist. I’m sure she didn’t think of linking Harry with that huge big building and wondering what kind of people live there...,,, just more ould ****e.
    I always thought Harry was a drip now I know.
    Harry seems to me pretty far from a drip.
    One of the very few relatable and warm royals from what I can see.

He also did 10 years in the army two tours of Afghanistan plus did amazing work for servicemen as well. As I said, far from a drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

I wouldn’t wish the British tabloid press on anyone. I feel sorry for Harry who has long seemed uncomfortable in the role he was born into through no choice of his own. But Meghan, who’s intelligence has been much spoken of, was very naive if she expected to change the institution (both Royal and tabloid).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Well I liked her...I liked them, I thought she came across well.
    She did seem clear minded and assertive but if I had endured years of rumours and badgering like she did damn straight I'd speak loud and proud when I got the chance to put some of those rumours to rest.
    People saying they stabbed their family in the back, we'll as far as I can tell all they did was take the knife out of their own backs and returned it where it belonged. Not one member of the royal family spoke out to help Meghan, even one kind word to the press might have made a world of difference to Meghan and Harry but protocol means more to the royal family than actual family members, who in their right mind would be loyal to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

walshb wrote: »
    So go find that family!

How is there so many numpties that can't understand she didn't marry the family she married Harry?

Yes, when you find the person you love is trapped with a bunch of small minded abusive dinosaurs you should just leave them all to it. What????

I can only imagine the royal family supporters are as small minded, arrogant and racist as the royals. And now you feel like Meghan didn't just call them out, but called you out as well.

Which is pathetic. The royal family wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MOR316 wrote: »
    Tbf, Louis Theroux does it quite a bit...
    Huh?
    You mean the Saville thing he wrote pretty extensively about that, and regrets how he dealt with it massively, but plenty of blame to go around on that.

• Advertisement

The most ridiculous thing about the whole interview was they were revealing things but at the same time weren’t revealing anything - she wouldn’t say what the argument with Kate was about (while at the same time throwing Kate under the bus), they wouldn’t say who made the comments about the colour of the baby’s skin...so like, what’s the point of the interview really? Making all these shocking revelations but really not giving any details.

It was far from a “no holds barred” interview- the questions and answers were carefully crafted and the agenda was conveniently racial inequality and mental health- areas that conveniently Archwell will focus on- it was an interview to set them up in America, simple as.

And where can I ask were the questions around her father? There’s a lot of unanswered questions still about that whole episode. They should have wrapped him in cotton wool weeks before the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That’s what annoyed me most. Saying enough without committing too much to anything or saying who said what, that way no one can accuse you of lying or clarify what was said and the context it was said in. If they truly believed what was said about Archie was a racial remark well then say who said it, and shame them. Because otherwise all you’re doing is putting the whole family in the firing line for racist accusations and engaging in the exact kind of low brow click bait tactics that you claim to be a victim of. She cut off her own father for giving a trashy tell all interview yet goes and does this to Harry’s family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

She didn't "throw Kate under the bus". They just corrected the headline. Meghan even said that there was apologies, flowers and they had completely made up over it. What bride doesn't cry in the week leading up to her wedding? The point of that bit was that it was a non issue but the press still managed to made Meghan out to be the bad guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

No.

Please read what I wrote..slowly!

The poster called Andrew a paedophile..

I asked why

It seems that knowing or associating with a paedophile automatically makes you one....

Andrew is alleged to have had sex with a 17 year old girl..

Well it certainly makes him a questionable judge of character at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Ok,

So, are you saying he is paedophile because he knew one?

All his lies in the bbc interview regarding the case, hiding and refusing to answer the FBIs request to an interview concerning these allegations. Best friends and staying over in a convicted paedophiles house while there are groomed minors on the property. If he has nothing to hide cooperate with the investigation but his lies and obstruction and willingness to continues hanging out with a convicted pedos would lead most people to conclude he is one.

Your weird defense of him is really troubling,disturbing and its turning my stomach . So weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Someone needs to stick her in front of a mirror.

“As a woman of colour...”

She’s as black as I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭appledrop

€150 per year for our monitored house alarm. Includes one annual service.

Ha ha the post of the night, brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If they try strip their titles it has to be done by an act of Parliament... last time this was done was for the German cousins in WW1.... imagine the cluster!ck it would cause in the house of commons.

Id say no one complain for Andrew though..

Well considering parliament have thrown the 6 counties under a bus re Brexit then stripping Harry and the missus wouldn't be too much of a reach

yes, something that is a cult in all but name, followed by cultists in all but name.
    hence her and her husband both had enough and got out, and quite right they did for their own sakes.

Couldn't blame them at all wanting to leave, no harm in that.
    It's the putting the boot into his family now, all seems a bit tacky and unnecessary.
    It's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

That’s what annoyed me most. Saying enough without committing too much to anything or saying who said what, that way no one can accuse you of lying or clarify what was said and the context it was said in. If they truly believed what was said about Archie was a racial remark well then say who said it, and shame them. Because otherwise all you’re doing is putting the whole family in the firing line for racist accusations and engaging in the exact kind of low brow click bait tactics that you claim to be a victim of. She cut off her own father for giving a one sided tell all interview yet goes and does this to Harry’s family.

It's all setup for a kiss & makeup story. Maybe we'll get another few more series out of the Crown after all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cienciano wrote: »
    She didn't "throw Kate under the bus". They just corrected the headline. Meghan even said that there was apologies, flowers and they had completely made up over it. What bride doesn't cry in the week leading up to her wedding? The point of that bit was that it was a non issue but the press still managed to made Meghan out to be the bad guy.

Ok, that’s your opinion, I beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    All his lies in the bbc interview regarding the case, hiding and refusing to answer the FBIs request to an interview concerning these allegations. Best friends and staying over in a convicted paedophiles house while there are groomed minors on the property. If he has nothing to hide cooperate with the investigation but his lies and obstruction and willingness to continues hanging out with a convicted pedos would lead most people to conclude he is one.

Your weird defense of him is really troubling,disturbing and its turning my stomach . So weird.

You are missing the point in that he couldn't be a child rapist because he doesn't sweat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

yes, something that is a cult in all but name, followed by cultists in all but name.
    hence her and her husband both had enough and got out, and quite right they did for their own sakes.

Yes, fair enough they wanted out but why wonder why Archie didn't get a title if they disliked the firm so much? And moan about that their security wouldn't be paid for..

Someone needs to stick her in front of a mirror.

“As a woman of colour...”

She’s as black as I am!

You know we can't see you, right?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It's becoming plainly obvious that Harry is Hewitts son.
    Charles prepared to cut ties with him altogether.

That would be long since proven by now if true. The technology to find out has existed for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh?
    You mean the Saville thing he wrote pretty extensively about that, and regrets how he dealt with it massively, but plenty of blame to go around on that.

Louis knew...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

bubblypop wrote: »
    You know we can't see you, right?

I’m as black as Meghan Markle.

The title thing for Archie seems like a load of rubbish.

It seems to be protocol that nieces and nephews of the heir aren’t automatically Princes/Princesses. e.g. Zara Philips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Most interesting part of that documentary IMO was the topic of Meghan making Kate cry/Kate making Meghan cry. Shame she wouldn’t give the context when Oprah asked.

Similarly, Harry wouldn’t give any context when asked about the racial comment.

I don’t think it’s fair to make big accusations but refuse to give context. Fair enough if you don’t want to give names, but you’ve got to give something.

I’d say there’s more to this than any of us will ever know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

gmisk wrote: »
    Harry seems to me pretty far from a drip.
    One of the very few relatable and warm royals from what I can see.

He also did 10 years in the army two tours of Afghanistan plus did amazing work for servicemen as well. As I said, far from a drip.
    He might not be a drip but serving in the British army in foreign lands is more often despised than regarded as honourable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’ve just finished watching the interview and, tell ya what, Oprah didn’t go easy on Harry. He seemed a bit taken aback at her line of questioning at one point. Her questions were fair though. I appreciated his honesty in saying that if not for Meghan, he’d still be an active Royal though.

Advertisement