Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

The thing that bothers me (I state this as a family member of somebody with serious mental health issues): I think that it is wonderful to draw attention to the mental health issues. However, the caveat that I draw to this is that 2 weeks post their interview with Oprah, where they discussed their mental health struggles, Harry announces that he has been awarded a 7-figure sum for a Netflix series about mental health and a high-flying job for mental health. It may lead certain individuals to wonder if this was a cynical marketing gain. I am not questioning the veracity of their claims. But by putting it so close to these financial ventures slightly undermines things and muddies the waters. It kind of takes the good out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It’s very strange that you seem to be almost upset that nobody will believe the rumours about them.

Nope, just find the hypocrisy funny. Nobody here has any problem believing every rumour they hear about H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

jm08 wrote: »
    Twitter can be a cesspit, but I find it handy to get a quick summary of what is going on in the world. A quick google actually confirm that Meghan was thrown to the wolves to save William's skin as there is little no no mention of any of the British tabloids, while some magazines like Marie Claire and some of the Australian newspapers carry the story.

https://micky.com.au/prince-william-worried-about-rose-hanbury-affair-rumors-because-of-harry-meghan/?amp

OK magazine is talking about it as well.

What the hell is micky?

Nope, just find the hypocrisy funny. Nobody here has any problem believing every rumour they hear about H&M.

There is no hypocrisy. I’ve heard the rumour and I’ve no idea if it’s true but if it is they wouldn’t be the first or the last to have marriage problems and I hope they have worked it out. It’s no ones business but their own.

Questioning the narrative and believing every rumour are 2 different things. And speculating about the state of a person’s marriage and extra-marital affairs is pretty tawdry. But console yourself with the knowledge that those of us who do not worship Harry and Meghan are brainless morons whose only source of information is the Daily Mail

• Advertisement

I cannot stand Piers Morgan. However, imagine if Piers Morgan said “our little P**i friend” multiple times about a Pakistani colleague on national television. Yet, certain Boards members levied insults tantamount to racist at Piers and praise Harry as a champion of human-rights. I would consider carefully who you deem as hypocrites

BettyS wrote: »
    And speculating about the state of a person’s marriage and extra-marital affairs is pretty tawdry.

Indeed as is speculating about someone's mental health but that hasn't stopped anyone in this thread from doing so. It seems tawdry speculation is permissible depending on who the target is.

Indeed as is speculating about someone's mental health but that hasn't stopped anyone in this thread from doing so. It seems tawdry speculation is permissible depending on who the target is.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. You adding unsubstantiated rumours to the forum isn’t justified because others act in a way that you see as incorrect

BettyS wrote: »
    Two wrongs don’t make a right. You adding unsubstantiated rumours to the forum isn’t justified because others act in a way that you see as incorrect

I was merely "questioning the narrative" presented by a poster claiming that they appear to have a "rock solid marriage". Isn't that what you guys do, "question the narrative"? Or is it only acceptable when you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What the hell is micky?

According to them its -

A News Website featuring Bitcoin, Entertainment, Gaming, Tech, Cryptocurrency & Blockchain News. To get breaking news,

https://micky.com.au/

• Advertisement

According to them its -

A News Website featuring Bitcoin, Entertainment, Gaming, Tech, Cryptocurrency & Blockchain News. To get breaking news,

https://micky.com.au/

I can’t see anything on there about her being “thrown to the wolves to save William”, like you said. Another poster suggested earlier in the thread that she was thrown to the wolves to protect Andrew, I can’t keep up! Maybe, just maybe, she wasn’t “thrown to the wolves” to protect anyone, and she was being merely reported on in a fashion no better or worse than every other Royal gone before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I was merely "questioning the narrative" presented by a poster claiming that they appear to have a "rock solid marriage". Isn't that what you guys do, "question the narrative"? Or is it only acceptable when you do it?
    William and Kate haven't been interviewed.
    Kate wasn't interviewed on her own and made a statement explaining why she believes William was always faithful and gave a specific statement regarding the last time she was in contact with the woman William allegedly had the affair with. William didn't then join her and give a different version of events.

If that had happened we would then be discussing that like we're discussing the inaccuracies in the Megan and Harry interview.

Spot the difference? There's a reason for the "Never complain, never explain" stance, it stops you tripping yourself up.

William and Kate haven't been interviewed.
    Kate wasn't interviewed on her own and made a statement explaining why she believes William was always faithful and gave a specific statement regarding the last time she was in contact with the woman William allegedly had the affair with. William didn't then join her and give a different version of events.

If that had happened we would then be discussing that like we're discussing the inaccuracies in the Megan and Harry interview.

Spot the difference? There's a reason for the "Never complain, never explain" stance, it stops you tripping yourself up.

They too could be a pair of painful bastards but they keep it to themselves so we’ll never know :pac:

They too could be a pair of painful bastards but they keep it to themselves so we’ll never know :pac:

Yeah, their public persona is very beige so it's hard to tell what they might actually be like as people.

We need "their truth". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Can't remember now (probably on twitter) but if you search for Rose Hanbury & Prince William you will get the lowdown on it. Prince William threatened the tabloids with legal action over it. Seems William has a bit of a roving eye, just like his father and grandfather!

So what you're saying here is that William had a problem with the press and sorted it out on his own but when Harry and his wife have a problem with the press they expect the Royal Family to sort it out for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Yeah, their public persona is very beige so it's hard to tell what they might actually be like as people.

We need "their truth". :D

They should have a 'clear the air' interview with Harry and Meghan!! Will guess that it will be a long time before they are all in the same room again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

At this stage I think any and all future Royal and Exile interviews should be facilitated by Maury Povich and Jeremy Kyle.
    With DNA and Polygraph tests as required! ;)

On a more serious note.
    The issue with Meghan and Harry is one I alluded to way back in this thread.
    Their claims are all too easily rebuffed.
    Their insistence on their being wed in secret is the ultimate example of this.

It's not semantics, or a misunderstanding.
    The claim was made, it was presented as a fait accompli that was enabled by the Archbishop.

Yet it was a nonsense. I pointed out back earlier in the thread why it was such and why after they had made and reiterated such a strident...
    Yet stupid claim, that it would taint every other claim they've made with a taint of, at best mistake at worst outright lie.

They have been defended with claims of mistake, and well it was the garden moment that mattered to them.
    Well and good, but that doesn't excuse their catastrophic error in claiming they married in secret, and further that the public wedding was a spectacle, rather than their actual wedding.

It undermines any and all credibility they seek to have.
    It very much appears to have been that favoured PR tool of say it 1st, and say it loud.

Their "truth" is all well and good, it's hard to lend it credence when it's so easily refuted.
    A lie in one thing, is a lie in all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

They should have a 'clear the air' interview with Harry and Meghan!! Will guess that it will be a long time before they are all in the same room again.
    Not to sound morbid, but the next time they get together it'll probably be for a family funeral

Not to sound morbid, but the next time they get together it'll probably be for a family funeral

Yes, you are probably right.

I think they’re both supposed to unveil a statue of Diana in London this July

• Advertisement

I think they’re both supposed to unveil a statue of Diana in London this July

That's right but if their baby is due around that time, will he travel?

That's right but if their baby is due around that time, will he travel?

Oh yes, very true. I’d say Meghan will be unable to go, so it’ll be interesting to see if Harry does

Imagine if William turned up in blackface! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

No thanks, Twitter is a cesspit for false information posted by any old ejit. And to think you were turning your nose up at me reading the Daily Mail :pac:

Exactly. I’m astounded at how readily so many people believe everything they’ve heard about William allegedly having an affair when there is very little to no evidence of it. Some have suggested that there’s nothing about it in just the UK press because they are gagged but there’s nothing but vague speculation to be found in the media anywhere. And since when has the UK press ever held back on reporting gossip?

The rumours of William may well be true but I’ve seen nothing particularly compelling to prove the allegations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Meghan spoke publicly about her mental health, as has Harry. People are reacting to that. Have William and Kate spoken publicly about the state of their marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Well, if rumours are true and they survived affair/s, so it proves that their marriage is rock solid in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

The story goes that Kate was very upset about William having an affair with their friend and neighbour Rose Hanbury while she was pregnant at that time. Meghan was the Firm's sacrificial lamb to keep it out of the British tabloids and fair play to Meghan she didn't explain why Kate was in tears and referred to her as a good person.

Fair play? You spill all or shut up. What if Meghan't was cause of the upset and tears? It wouldn't fit the narrative.

And this good person comment. How patronising!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JoChervil wrote: »
    Well, if rumours are true and they survived affair/s, so it proves that their marriage is rock solid in my eyes

The rumors, whatever they are, are bull I’d imagine..

William may have played the field whilst single/dating Kate in the early years...

A complete non story...

The chap is the future King, in a world where everyone’s every move is watched and monitored and commented on.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

As I see it, the rumours about the Cambridges marriage will likely never be proven. Up there with the affairs Philip supposedly had, most notably a lengthy one supposedly with the Queen's first cousin. And indeed, Andrew's parentage rumours.

But since the Cambridges aren't sitting pontificating to the rest of us about how to have a great marriage and how loved up they are, as far as I'm concerned, it's their own business. For all we know there could be an understanding there- certainly in toff circles a generation or two ago they married for the alliance or for money, popped out a few heirs and after that they were free to do as they liked. Discreetly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

walshb wrote: »
    The rumors, whatever they are, are bull I’d imagine..

William may have played the field whilst single/dating Kate in the early years...

A complete non story...

The chap is the future King, in a world where everyone’s every move is watched and monitored and commented on.

Like Koo Stark....

Advertisement