Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I see Tom Bower is writing a book on Meghan. His one on Charles was so scathing that it apparently made Charles readjust his behaviour! It should be interesting.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I see Tom Bower is writing a book on Meghan. His one on Charles was so scathing that it apparently made Charles readjust his behaviour! It should be interesting.

Does he want to get sued? Cos that's how you get sued! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

If we are looking at the same source (!), apparently she has no intention of talking to him. Surely she should want to put her side across??!

If we are looking at the same source (!), apparently she has no intention of talking to him. Surely she should want to put her side across??!

I don’t think he does enough “WAIT WHATs?” and dramatic pauses for Meghan’s liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Neyite wrote: »
    As I see it, the rumours about the Cambridges marriage will likely never be proven. Up there with the affairs Philip supposedly had, most notably a lengthy one supposedly with the Queen's first cousin. And indeed, Andrew's parentage rumours.

But since the Cambridges aren't sitting pontificating to the rest of us about how to have a great marriage and how loved up they are, as far as I'm concerned, it's their own business. For all we know there could be an understanding there- certainly in toff circles a generation or two ago they married for the alliance or for money, popped out a few heirs and after that they were free to do as they liked. Discreetly.

What's the rumour about Andrew’s parentage?

• Advertisement

That Philip isn't his dad but it is a horse trainer or something!

I don’t think he does enough “WAIT WHATs?” and dramatic pauses for Meghan’s liking.

Or waffle on and on!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Her close friend Lord Porchester. He was her racing manager and her friend since childhood. There's no proof, and never will be, but they were very good friends and got on extremely well.

Then with the 10 year gap between Anne and Andrew and people say Andrew resembles Porchie - though I can't really see that myself, people have put two and two together to make 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Neyite wrote: »
    Her close friend Lord Porchester. He was her racing manager and her friend since childhood. There's no proof, and never will be, but they were very good friends and got on extremely well.

Then with the 10 year gap between Anne and Andrew and people say Andrew resembles Porchie - though I can't really see that myself, people have put two and two together to make 5.

I'd never heard that before so had a Google, I don't see the resemblance, but then Andrew does look different to his brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Exactly. I’m astounded at how readily so many people believe everything they’ve heard about William allegedly having an affair when there is very little to no evidence of it. Some have suggested that there’s nothing about it in just the UK press because they are gagged but there’s nothing but vague speculation to be found in the media anywhere. And since when has the UK press ever held back on reporting gossip?

The rumours of William may well be true but I’ve seen nothing particularly compelling to prove the allegations.

I think a journalist on The Times who's in the circle originally tweeted something about the affair being common knowledge and then immediately deleted the tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Am I the only guy in the world that would ride meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

hamburgham wrote: »
    I think a journalist on The Times who's in the circle originally tweeted something about the affair being common knowledge and then immediately deleted the tweet.

Yeah it was Giles coren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

hamburgham wrote: »

And that there is the most concrete thing I’ve personally heard! Not much, is it?

And as Neyite said, if he has had an affair, he and Kate have chosen to be discreet about it. It’s different to the media and general public talking about information that Harry and Meghan have willingly volunteered. But some people here who defend Harry and Meghan against everything negative reported in the media seem very quick to believe that the very scant media murmurings about William are definitely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

From an article by Ruth Dudley Edwards which I think hits the nail exactly on the head.

The truth is that Meghan, bored by the mainly mundane duties of royalty and deeply resentful of the hierarchical primacy of William and Kate, persuaded her fragile husband to demand the right for them to live abroad and retain the status, income and privileges of working royals while carrying out only the duties that suited and together carving out a career as a high-earning celebrity couple.

When the Queen told them they could not have the royal cake and eat it, they retaliated by complaining to an audience of billions that they’ve been badly treated

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

From an article by Ruth Dudley Edwards which I think hits the nail exactly on the head.

The truth is that Meghan, bored by the mainly mundane duties of royalty and deeply resentful of the hierarchical primacy of William and Kate, persuaded her fragile husband to demand the right for them to live abroad and retain the status, income and privileges of working royals while carrying out only the duties that suited and together carving out a career as a high-earning celebrity couple.

When the Queen told them they could not have the royal cake and eat it, they retaliated by complaining to an audience of billions that they’ve been badly treated

Or it could have been the constant negative headlines and the publishing of her private letters or maybe even Piers Morgan's obsessive tirades. But, yeah ok, we'll go with the Me-gain theory again.

Fragile husband, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

No, theres at least one other...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No, theres at least one other...

Hes probably not allowed it'd be racist if he tried to.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This pretty much sums it up

Because I am still scratching me head wondering wtf all the hassle is about?

Been said here a few times, but they said pretty much eff all in the interview that anybody could get their teeth into.

Of course, threw in the two emotive cards for good measure....but still just a scratch your head wtf are they giving out about waffle is what we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Is that you Harry? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Meghan and her long-term agent have just parted ways...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

BettyS wrote: »
    Meghan and her long-term agent have just parted ways...

Another one bites the dust.

Isn't it interesting that the 'chief of staff' or whatever position it was that they poached a high-flyer for has stepped down but will continue in an 'advisory role'. In other words 'I'll stay on in some capacity, but under no circumstances will I be taking orders from you two anymore'.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust.

Isn't it interesting that the 'chief of staff' or whatever position it was that they poached a high-flyer for has stepped down but will continue in an 'advisory role'. In other words 'I'll stay on in some capacity, but under no circumstances will I be taking orders from you two anymore'.

The Americans on Reddit seem to be lapping up Harry and Meghan. Why are their views so radically different to ours? What do they see differently?

The Americans on Reddit seem to be lapping up Harry and Meghan. Why are their views so radically different to ours? What do they see differently?

Is it because she is American and must be right? Seems to be a similar attitude to Molly Martens (slightly off topic).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

It's not just Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

They only see the Oprah interview and poor Meghan and Harry up against the racist evil royal family. They tend to take take things at face value and are only getting one side of the argument. And as the racism and mental health cards were played any criticism is therefore racist and "mean". Feelings are more important than facts and "truth" is something owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭NSAman

They should have a 'clear the air' interview with Harry and Meghan!! Will guess that it will be a long time before they are all in the same room again.

Better still bring back Jeremy Kyle and have them all on it... or even Jerry Springer..... THAT I would most certainly want to see..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 little bit of help

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I just think that in general, they don't get the monarchy and how it works. Like they think that Megan and Harry having to walk behind those higher up in the hierarchy than them is some malicious and racist act etc. When in reality, it's not about Harry or Megan but the institution. In common with Megan, many of them seem to think its possible to just waltz in and change things instantly, like "I'm here, its time to get with the program" type mentality which isn't how it works

Having said that though, my husband is British so it's come up in conversation a few times. Most aren't "lapping it up"

Is it because she is American and must be right? Seems to be a similar attitude to Molly Martens (slightly off topic).

Meghan Markle, Molly Martens, Micheal Martin..

I’m sensing a trend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Meghan Markle, Molly Martens, Micheal Martin..

I’m sensing a trend

M&Ms ( without the brown ones)

Advertisement