Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

For me the timing is also important. Why they didn’t do this interview just after leaving? If I felt silenced, I would start talking at the first opportunity, if it was my way of dealing with such frustration. They didn’t because maybe they were expecting more money in March 2021, the same amount they got in March 2021 from Charles just before UK fiscal year ended?

Also this racism accusations are ridiculous. She said there were many such talks, when she was pregnant. While Harry said that it was only one conversation way before they married? (again one of them lied then) So why she got married into a RF then, if they were racists? And if she is so woke, why she married into RF anyway knowing their history of exploiting other nations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Anyone catch the E! True Hollywood Story on Harry and Meghan on last night, interesting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

JoChervil wrote: »
    For me the timing is also important. Why they didn’t do this interview just after leaving? If I felt silenced, I would start talking at the first opportunity, if it was my way of dealing with such frustration. They didn’t because maybe they were expecting more money in March 2021, the same amount they got in March 2021 from Charles just before UK fiscal year ended?

Also this racism accusations are ridiculous. She said there were many such talks, when she was pregnant. While Harry said that it was only one conversation way before they married? (again one of them lied then) So why she got married into a RF then, if they were racists? And if she is so woke, why she married into RF anyway knowing their history of exploiting other nations?

Is it fair to say that she might never have achieved such fame on her own back?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Anyone catch the E! True Hollywood Story on Harry and Meghan on last night, interesting watch.

Is it repeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

If certainly appears that she has used the RF and Harry to further herself as a Brand.

She isnt dumb, shes not naive. Even if she was, she has enough people around her to make sure shes not.

She ticks all the boxes, a women, a person of colour, and probably the most controversial member of the Royals since Diana.... .. married to the son of Princess Diana (Diana being the most likable member of the Royals in a long time and the most famous) .... shes so marketable and she knows it.

Her actions in the last year are a clear attempt to further her brand and grow her marketability. And its worked.

Call her what you want, but shes no fool.

• Advertisement

Is it repeated?

E! tends to repeat their shows alot so I would say it will be but I couldn't tell you when. Might be able to get snippets on YouTube though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ms2011 wrote: »

Summary?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think so, Suits was her biggest role to date and Hollywood isn't renowned for casting women over 40 in major roles, bar a few already huge stars.

banie01 wrote: »
    Summary?

Just their story really from their childhoods up until they left the royal family.
    Some royal biographers giving their views, some of Meghan's friends, a friend of her dad's and Paul Burrel (Diana's butler).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

beakerjoe wrote: »
    If certainly appears that she has used the RF and Harry to further herself as a Brand.

She isnt dumb, shes not naive. Even if she was, she has enough people around her to make sure shes not.

She ticks all the boxes, a women, a person of colour, and probably the most controversial member of the Royals since Diana.... .. married to the son of Princess Diana (Diana being the most likable member of the Royals in a long time and the most famous) .... shes so marketable and she knows it.

Her actions in the last year are a clear attempt to further her brand and grow her marketability. And its worked.

Call her what you want, but shes no fool.

She definitely is not, but she might fell from a high horse, if she keeps being so arrogant. More lies from her, and public sympathy in US can turn against her. She created her safety net, so many famous people won’t act against her, especially those, who attended her wedding.

But her greed can easily make her fail. If she was doing, what she was doing last year, I would believe she could easily win. But after this interview I doubt. They took this shortcut by badmouthing RF. So their fame is based on something very fragile. Really wise person would just work hard improving their brand, instead of doing this interview and choosing easy way to global fame.

They had everything to win and in my opinion they blew it. If their position was based on their own achievements, so they would be unbeatable. But their fame now is based on few lies. So such quickly gained fame is a double edge sword. It gives lucrative deals like BetterUp but also give lucrative deals to opponents. In a year or two a book by Tom Bower will be published. He is known for "leaving no stone unturned". So this book will be different than those written by theirs biographers. And people will see completely different story then.

“Being in your master's good graces doesn't last forever, your good fortune can be changed by a twist of fate” And celebrity’s master is simply a public.

• Advertisement

The interview was all about scoring points and poor us. We have been cut off financially etc. Poor taste in the middle of a pandemic. They would have been better showing their charitable work etc.

They could easily have given an interview where they were positive about the royal family and the institution, but explained that the press coverage was too much. Harry in particular could have explained his feelings in relation to his mother's life and death.

They could then have moved on to wanting financial independence and the right to speak freely about issues that both affect and interest them.

They could have promoted their Netflix and Apple deals, without the petulant excuse of having to pay for their own security.

But instead of presenting themselves as role models they opted to lie and insult Harry's family, and the tradition of the royal family.

It's very difficult to recover from insulting centuries of tradition and protocol when and if the full truth emerges. They might just have shot themselves in the foot, especially as has been pointed out by Valoren, a pandemic scuppered their chance to launch themselves as a brand.

I read a funny piece about Meghan on the 'Blind gossip' website.

I read a funny piece about Meghan on the 'Blind gossip' website.

And?

ETA: sure I had to Google!

https://blindgossip.com/meghan-markle-furious-over-friends-behavior/

:pac:

Thanks for sharing the link!!

Thanks for sharing the link!!

You know when you've been Markled! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Glad we're not the only ones who picked up on Harry being so lost he couldn't help her, but instead brought her to a royal engagement.

She's very happy looking in that little clip, Retro. Think Regina George might have competition!!

Glad we're not the only ones who picked up on Harry being so lost he couldn't help her, but instead brought her to a royal engagement.

After telling him she didn’t want to be alive anymore she says they sat outside and she told him she can’t be alone. His words to her were “go upstairs put your make up bag in the sink and pull yourself together”.

That is a direct quote from the interview. The support was just oozing out of Harry

• Advertisement

After telling him she didn’t want to be alive anymore she says they sat outside and she told him she can’t be alone. His words to her were “go upstairs put your make up bag in the sink and pull yourself together”.

That is a direct quote from the interview. The support was just oozing out of Harry

Charming, isn't he??

Charming, isn't he??

I hope that’s not the advice he gives people at his new pretend job

I hope that’s not the advice he gives people at his new pretend job

Can you imagine the uproar if they said that the Queen for example had been the one to tell her that??

And on it goes...

Interesting video here by Lady C.

She reckons it was Princess Anne who may have made the questionable comment about Archie but it’s not as Meghan is portraying it. She has heard the story from three separate sources, one source who is a close friend of Anne’s children. Who knows how true it is but she is funny to listen to, all regal and shlt but spilling the goss. It’s a long video so about six mins in she gets into it. She is quite ruthless. Those of a.. sensitive disposition.. and an inclination towards Meghan’s truth.. maybe don’t watch.

My favourite quote is when she says about Meghan “she has managed to convince Harry that any criticism of her is based solely on race, and he is so dumb that he has swallowed that lie”

She also calls Omid Scobie Omid Scabies and calls their book Finding Freedom finding freebies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Did anyone even know she wasn't white? I didn't know that until she was alleging racism in the media.

She is the most white black woman I've ever seen. If she is mixed race, that means she is half white. To allege racism is a bit ridiculous from the get go. She is hardly Wesley snipes or Serena Williams.

well, it's not.
    being mixed race does not stop someone from being a victim of racism, to suggest otherwise is itself very much racist, because ultimately one is ignoring the other characteristics of that individual's race and using 1 specific thing to deny they can be a victim of racism.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

I wouldn’t have known she was not white unless I was told tbh, there’s no way the vast majority of the criticism of her is racist. As is often the case the simple explanation is the true one, people, in the media and elsewhere don’t find her likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Reddit is still lapping them two up. They did a PR zoom meeting with some teenagers. They are being praised to the high heavens for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Interesting video here by Lady C.

She reckons it was Princess Anne who may have made the questionable comment about Archie but it’s not as Meghan is portraying it. She has heard the story from three separate sources, one source who is a close friend of Anne’s children. Who knows how true it is but she is funny to listen to, all regal and shlt but spilling the goss. It’s a long video so about six mins in she gets into it. She is quite ruthless. Those of a.. sensitive disposition.. and an inclination towards Meghan’s truth.. maybe don’t watch.

My favourite quote is when she says about Meghan “she has managed to convince Harry that any criticism of her is based solely on race, and he is so dumb that he has swallowed that lie”

She also calls Omid Scobie Omid Scabies and calls their book Finding Freedom finding freebies :D

What an absolute nutjob though :D

• Advertisement

well, it's not.
    being mixed race does not stop someone from being a victim of racism, to suggest otherwise is itself very much racist, because ultimately one is ignoring the other characteristics of that individual's race and using 1 specific thing to deny they can be a victim of racism.

Yes but if I met her not knowing anything about her, I would not have guessed that she had black ancestry. I would have described her as tanned and exotic looking. If I did something to offend her, I would have no idea it could be construed as racism. I think the vast majority of people didn't view her as a "woman of colour" until it was pointed out to them that one of her parents was non-white.

Advertisement