Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Except the duty. Except the work.

She wants the dopamine hit of picking her pet projects, and all the glitz and glam side. I get the feeling she wouldn't fancy a wet Tuesday in Stoke opening a community centre for white English people. Not enough compassion points there.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Except the duty. Except the work.

I saw a great video of Christopher Hitchens when Diana died. He pointed out that Di got all this credibility as a charity activist. When in reality she only wanted the trendy side of charity work. That Princess Anne was actually the one who got her hands dirty doing the deeply unfashionable work in the RF, but didn't get anything like the same publicity for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I disagree, she looks obviously mixed race.

Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-3-1024x741.jpg

She does not look Caucasian in any pic I've seen.

Looks more Hispanic in that picture

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I saw a great video of Christopher Hitchens when Diana died. He pointed out that Di got all this credibility as a charity activist. When in reality she only wanted the trendy side of charity work. That Princess Anne was actually the one who got her hands dirty doing the deeply unfashionable work in the RF, but didn't get anything like the same publicity for whatever reason.

I really like Princess Anne. She’s a hard worker and suffers no fools. She was great that time she was on A Question of Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

She expected the princess diaries but she got king Ralph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Shes probably all the better for it too. Anne doesnt appear to crave fame or pats on the back for charity work.

She appears to be one of the more modest members of the family and Im sure shes content in life. She also seems like the one you'd have most craic with over a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Potatoeman wrote: »
    She expected the princess diaries but she got king Ralph.

Thanks to your puerile attempt at humour!

I've spilt my coffee and knocked my watch off the table!

If I could thank that one twice, I would ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Does anyone have a link to where M&H supposedly rowed back on their claim they married in the garden?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Does anyone have a link to where M&H supposedly rowed back on their claim they married in the garden?

Who cares.

When you get shafted by the Archbishop of Canterbury, you stay shafted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Where?

Are you actually serious?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

That's just not true. There were no racist news headlines when their relationship was announced.

SINCE the time it was announced, yes there absolutely was. What point are you trying to make, like honestly? That there wasn't ever racist headlines, comments and media coverage of her?

Are you actually serious?

Yeah? Can you link to them? The headlines I’m asking about

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I really like Princess Anne. She’s a hard worker and suffers no fools. She was great that time she was on A Question of Sport

She’s the most normal of them(normal as they can be) as she refused her kids titles when there was a push to give them ones. She’s her fathers daughter it seems and doesn’t like all the fussing people do around the royal family.

Oh yeah I saw a video of your one lady C. She’s a gimmick.

Here’s one.

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have admitted they did not get married three days before the Royal wedding after an official certificate blew their claim apart.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confessed the ceremony with the Archbishop of Canterbury in Kensington Palace saw them just 'privately exchange personal vows'.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9392537/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-admit-DIDNT-marry-secret-three-days-Royal-wedding.html

Here’s one.

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have admitted they did not get married three days before the Royal wedding after an official certificate blew their claim apart.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confessed the ceremony with the Archbishop of Canterbury in Kensington Palace saw them just 'privately exchange personal vows'.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9392537/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-admit-DIDNT-marry-secret-three-days-Royal-wedding.html

I'd liked to have seen an actual statement from them on this.
    Probably won't happen.
    I'm still saying it's semantics though.
    That they thought of their vow exchange as the "married" part and the actual day at Windsor Castle as being the "legal" part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She’s the most normal of them(normal as they can be) as she refused her kids titles when there was a push to give them ones. She’s her fathers daughter it seems and doesn’t like all the fussing people do around the royal family.

Oh yeah I saw a video of your one lady C. She’s a gimmick.

Sat at a table once with Zara and her husband at the ally pally darts of all places. Perfectly normal, nice people, you'd never know she was royalty. And no security in sight. I think Harry and William attended one year too. Somehow I dont think darts would be Megan's scene though if she can't abide sharing an area with posh tennis club members lol.

I'd liked to have seen an actual statement from them on this.
    Probably won't happen.
    I'm still saying it's semantics though.
    That they thought of their vow exchange as the "married" part and the actual day at Windsor Castle as being the "legal" part.

Meghan: "I was thinking about it — even at our wedding, you know, three days before our wedding, we got married . . . "

Oprah: Ah!

Meghan: No one knows that. But we called the Archbishop, and we just said, ‘Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us’.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Meghan: "I was thinking about it — even at our wedding, you know, three days before our wedding, we got married . . . "

Oprah: Ah!

Meghan: No one knows that. But we called the Archbishop, and we just said, ‘Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us’.

still doesn't change anything though really.
    either she mixed up a practice session and thought it was more then it was, or perhapse the bishop gave a simple blessing which still wouldn't be legal and they took that as meaning more then the spectical.

who knows, who cares, it has been cleared up.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

still doesn't change anything though really.
    either she mixed up a practice session and thought it was more then it was, or perhapse the bishop gave a simple blessing which still wouldn't be legal and they took that as meaning more then the spectical.

who knows, who cares, it has been cleared up.

Actually, it muddies things even more. It begs the question “What else did she lie about?”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Actually, it muddies things even more. It begs the question “What else did she lie about?”

I wouldnt say she lied, probably just mispoke rather than lied. I agree its not important in the grand scheme.

And thats coming from someone who thinks shes probably lied a lot.

• Advertisement

“We got married three days before”

“We wanted our union between us”

Twice she used the official legal terms. She didn’t say wedding, she didn’t say exchange of vows. She said they got married and wanted their union between just them. I don’t know how people can think she meant anything other than the legal act.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt say she lied, probably just mispoke rather than lied. I agree its not important in the grand scheme.

And thats coming from someone who thinks shes probably lied a lot.

Alternative facts, much?

There is more talk brewing about Meghan running for president. That will surely never happen?

“We got married three days before”

“We wanted our union between us”

Twice she used the official legal terms. She didn’t say wedding, she didn’t say exchange of vows. She said they got married and wanted their union between just them. I don’t know how people can think she meant anything other than the legal act.

Because I guess some people see the religious aspect and the lovey, mushy vows as more important than the legal aspect?
    I notice the Arch only cleared up the bit about when they signed the register but he didn't deny or elaborate that he gave them a blessing/let them say their nauseating vows three days before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

BettyS wrote: »
    There is more talk brewing about Meghan running for president. That will surely never happen?

I say she'll have a go at running for it, definitely!

Because I guess some people see the religious aspect and the lovey, mushy vows as more important than the legal aspect?
    I notice the Arch only cleared up the bit about when they signed the register but he didn't deny or elaborate that he gave them a blessing/let them say their nauseating vows three days before.

When somebody makes specific claims that have possible legal and societal ramifications, they should be very specific and sure of the allegations and how the allegations may be interpreted.

Let’s make a thought experiment: if I scream out loudly in a street that I have been robbed and there is an innocent party standing next to me, isn’t there some onus on me to clarify that the person adjacent to me is not the culprit

I say she'll have a go at running for it, definitely!

How do you reckon that she will be received?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

How do you reckon that she will be received?

I think there will be more skeletons found in her closet and she wouldn't like criticism from her opposition.

I think there will be more skeletons found in her closet and she wouldn't like criticism from her opposition.

But will there be enough people championing her cause to get her over the line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

But will there be enough people championing her cause to get her over the line?

No

Advertisement