Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

So, do you think the UK Metropolitan Police can order the Canadian police to protect 2 ex senior members of the RF because they're part of the commonwealth and the queen is their head of state?

They don't have that power in the UK, it's a constitutional monarchy and the queen doesn't order the government or the police. She basically does what she's told.

I really think it's a waste of time to speculate about things I have no clue about. Don't you? I guess then this thread would be closed if you did, ha ha.

No one here has the foggiest about how the RF security works other than what Harry himself who lived within it his whole life, has revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

He said his father cut him off and stopped taking his calls to boot.

Do you?

So did he say Charles cut off his security, yes or no? Because that’s what you’ve been saying relentlessly here

Right.. the more you post the more I realise how pointless this is becoming. Charles didn’t pull the security, neither did The Queen or anyone else in the monarchy. The don’t have the authority to do that. Their protection is provided by Scotland Yard. Do you honestly think Charles was on the phone to the police in SY like some kind of Bond villain stroking a cat urging them to pull the plug on his son’s security?
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/09/ever-present-threat-why-stepping-back-has-not-make-sussexes-safer

I mean, isn't this whole thread pointless? You finally reached where I'm coming from, congratulations. :pac:

You don't know any of that. Let's be honest here.

At the end of the day, Harry was born into that family and didn't ask to be. He will forever have a target on his back for it as will his family. When they travel and work, security follows. I remember they had hoped and planned to stay working for the Queen and country while in Canada. They said that. Whomever / everyone responsible or who could have helped him keep security during that time absolutely should have done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Obviously not yet that independently wealthy. Obviously if they were, it wouldn't have mattered. :rolleyes: Harry said specifically they did the Netflix/Spotify deals to pay for security.

Obviously they had to have a noble reason for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The same Canada who is part of the Commonwealth? :pac:

He can expect his (extremely) wealthy family to help him pay until he gets on his feet. It was their decision to cut him off financially and suddenly as Harry says.
    If Harry was a boards poster he could report you for those personal attacks. :pac:

If security is so crucial then why not get that sorted first rather than buy a 14.6 million dollar house? Doesn't seem like the actions of someone "getting on their feet" financially. There's plenty of cheaper houses out there, even in California.

• Advertisement

I mean, isn't this whole thread pointless? You finally reached where I'm coming from, congratulations. :pac:

You don't know any of that. Let's be honest here.

At the end of the day, Harry was born into that family and didn't ask to be. He will forever have a target on his back for it as will his family. When they travel and work, security follows. I remember they had hoped and planned to stay working for the Queen and country while in Canada. They said that. Whomever / everyone responsible or who could have helped him keep security during that time absolutely should have done so.

Can you find us the quote where Harry said Charles cut off his security, along with all of those racist headlines. Cheers

So did he say Charles cut off his security, yes or no? Because that’s what you’ve been saying relentlessly here

Harry said his father suddenly cut him off financially in the first quarter.

Harry made one part of it very plain, however: “My family literally cut me off financially” at the beginning of 2020, he said. That was the period in which he and Meghan were negotiating the terms of their exit as senior royals, and security costs played a major role in the discussions; at the time there were reports that they had struck a deal similar to one arranged by former prime minister Tony Blair, in which they would reimburse some of the costs of their security.

The debate around security for members of the royal family is an old one, and there are no publicly available rules about who does and doesn’t get it.

Later in the interview Harry said that there had been a suggestion that Meghan continue her acting career to make money for the family, implying that the royal institution had made efforts to cut their funding in multiple ways.

It was while they were in Vancouver, Harry said in the interview, that they were told on “short notice” that their royal security detail would be cut off—even as they were still in the process of finalizing their exit, with the intention of continuing to serve the queen. “Their justification was a change in status,” Harry said explaining the change. “To which I pushed back and said, is there a change in threat or risk?” As of a statement in late February they were continuing to receive royal security support, but when their senior royal status officially ended at the end of March, they were on their own.

Despite reporting last spring that Prince Charles had stepped in to provide for security for Harry and Meghan, Harry emphasized in the Oprah interview that the financial support from his family had already stopped at that point.

Then his dad refused to take his calls. Nice.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/03/prince-harry-meghan-markle-security

Can you find us the quote where Harry said Charles cut off his security, along with all of those racist headlines. Cheers

Do your own homework. All easily available on google to satisfy your no doubt raging curiosity and open mind about it. :pac: Cheers and night night it's been a pleasure :D

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    If security is so crucial then why not get that sorted first rather than buy a 14.6 million dollar house? Doesn't seem like the actions of someone "getting on their feet" financially. There's plenty of cheaper houses out there, even in California.

It was sorted first. Tyler Perry had them covered until they figured it out. Jaysus. Begrudgery about their house yet again...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I really think it's a waste of time to speculate about things I have no clue about. Don't you? I guess then this thread would be closed if you did, ha ha.

No one here has the foggiest about how the RF security works other than what Harry himself who lived within it his whole life, has revealed.

I'm not speculating, all of this is public knowledge and easily verified with a quick Google.

• Advertisement

Harry said his father suddenly cut him off financially in the first quarter.

Harry made one part of it very plain, however: “My family literally cut me off financially” at the beginning of 2020, he said. That was the period in which he and Meghan were negotiating the terms of their exit as senior royals, and security costs played a major role in the discussions; at the time there were reports that they had struck a deal similar to one arranged by former prime minister Tony Blair, in which they would reimburse some of the costs of their security.

The debate around security for members of the royal family is an old one, and there are no publicly available rules about who does and doesn’t get it.

Later in the interview Harry said that there had been a suggestion that Meghan continue her acting career to make money for the family, implying that the royal institution had made efforts to cut their funding in multiple ways.

It was while they were in Vancouver, Harry said in the interview, that they were told on “short notice” that their royal security detail would be cut off—even as they were still in the process of finalizing their exit, with the intention of continuing to serve the queen. “Their justification was a change in status,” Harry said explaining the change. “To which I pushed back and said, is there a change in threat or risk?” As of a statement in late February they were continuing to receive royal security support, but when their senior royal status officially ended at the end of March, they were on their own.

Despite reporting last spring that Prince Charles had stepped in to provide for security for Harry and Meghan, Harry emphasized in the Oprah interview that the financial support from his family had already stopped at that point.

Then his dad refused to take his calls. Nice.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/03/prince-harry-meghan-markle-security

Right, so nowhere does he say that Charles personally cut off their security, like you stated.
    If we are to believe their narrative then Charlies is guilty only of stopping financial support for two pushing 40 year olds who declared to the world they want to be financially independent and not reliant on public funds. But other reports suggest Charles was hurt by these accusations as he has been assisting them privately. The two of them come across like spoiled brats. Worried about money and not able to pay for your security? Maybe don’t buy a $14m home beside the likes of Oprah then. They’ve nobody to blame for their stupidity only themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Do your own homework. All easily available on google to satisfy your no doubt raging curiosity and open mind about it. :pac: Cheers and night night it's been a pleasure :D

No, you claimed it, so prove it.

I take it you couldn’t find them so. Probably because they don’t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It was sorted first. Tyler Perry had them covered until they figured it out. Jaysus. Begrudgery about their house yet again...

I dont begrudge them their house. I have a lovely big American house of my own (not quite a mansion but more than big enough for us). The upkeep required on a house the size of theirs would be fairly daunting to me tbh.

Was just wondering why someone who you claimed was only trying to get on their feet financially when they were heartlessly cut off would buy such a needlessly expensive house when they couldn't afford to pay other essential bills without help (their security)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

My opinion of Harry and Meghan is that they seek out trouble every which way they can. I think the 'interview' was a despicable act of betrayal of his family. Which is fine if that's what they want to do but own it, don't do what no one would do to their family, even a person's estranged family and yet act like you are the victims. Poor poor us as we stab you in the back. Nothing kind or compassionate about that act.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    My opinion of Harry and Meghan is that they seek out trouble every which way they can. I think the 'interview' was a despicable act of betrayal of his family. Which is fine if that's what they want to do but own it, don't do what no one would do to their family, even a person's estranged family and yet act like you are the victims. Poor poor us as we stab you in the back. Nothing kind or compassionate about that act.

"Seek out trouble..." How did they seek it out? You don't think they are devastated and very sad? They've said their mental health was literally destroyed. If someone you know in real life went through a terrible ordeal at the hands of their own family, and they spoke up about it, would you accuse them of the same? They did own it, what are you on about? Sometimes in life, people actually ARE victims, they don't have to act any part they actually went through crap they never should have had to. The only people who were stabbed in the back here are Harry and Meghan. And if his family don't like them speaking up and defending themselves against a bullying, damaging and racist institution, perhaps they should take a long hard look at themselves. The RF are the ones who seem to lack kindness and compassion, and they have a long history of that.

I think Harry (and Meghan's) family have been despicable in their betrayal of them both.

I take it you couldn’t find them so. Probably because they don’t exist.

"Probably." :rolleyes: The racism against Meghan is well documented. You'd have to be living under a rock to not have seen it, I don't even need to google to know it happened. If it never happened, then what was the statement released by the Palace when they were still dating all about? From the PALACE:

Published 8 November 2016
    Since he was young, Prince Harry has been very aware of the warmth that has been extended to him by members of the public. He feels lucky to have so many people supporting him and knows what a fortunate and privileged life he leads.

He is also aware that there is significant curiosity about his private life. He has never been comfortable with this, but he has tried to develop a thick skin about the level of media interest that comes with it. He has rarely taken formal action on the very regular publication of fictional stories that are written about him and he has worked hard to develop a professional relationship with the media, focused on his work and the issues he cares about.

But the past week has seen a line crossed. His girlfriend, Meghan Markle, has been subject to a wave of abuse and harassment. Some of this has been very public - the smear on the front page of a national newspaper; the racial undertones of comment pieces; and the outright sexism and racism of social media trolls and web article comments. Some of it has been hidden from the public - the nightly legal battles to keep defamatory stories out of papers; her mother having to struggle past photographers in order to get to her front door; the attempts of reporters and photographers to gain illegal entry to her home and the calls to police that followed; the substantial bribes offered by papers to her ex-boyfriend; the bombardment of nearly every friend, co-worker, and loved one in her life.

Prince Harry is worried about Ms. Markle’s safety and is deeply disappointed that he has not been able to protect her. It is not right that a few months into a relationship with him that Ms. Markle should be subjected to such a storm. He knows commentators will say this is ‘the price she has to pay’ and that ‘this is all part of the game’. He strongly disagrees. This is not a game - it is her life and his.

He has asked for this statement to be issued in the hopes that those in the press who have been driving this story can pause and reflect before any further damage is done. He knows that it is unusual to issue a statement like this, but hopes that fair-minded people will understand why he has felt it necessary to speak publicly.

I know exactly how the security works, it works the same as the VIP close protection in this country. I have experience in that. I have also worked with the British royal families close protection.
    The royal family have no say in how their security works, it is neither decided by them not paid by them. Police carry out risk assessments regularly and they decide how the close protection works.
    Firstly, you cannot expect police in Britain to provide security for non working royals who live in a different country.
    Secondly, you cannot expect Canada to foot the bill for non working royals who have decided to live in their country.
    That's not the way it works.
    Harry would have been told that when he left, his security also leaves, he would have been well aware of that. It is their own responsibility to get security in place for when their own is gone. I'm sure they knew the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

walshb wrote: »
    Can you point to where Oprah asked “Did Kate make you cry?”

Go back an read the thread, it was covered extensively.

"Seek out trouble..." How did they seek it out? You don't think they are devastated and very sad? They've said their mental health was literally destroyed. If someone you know in real life went through a terrible ordeal at the hands of their own family, and they spoke up about it, would you accuse them of the same? They did own it, what are you on about? Sometimes in life, people actually ARE victims, they don't have to act any part they actually went through crap they never should have had to. The only people who were stabbed in the back here are Harry and Meghan. And if his family don't like them speaking up and defending themselves against a bullying, damaging and racist institution, perhaps they should take a long hard look at themselves. The RF are the ones who seem to lack kindness and compassion, and they have a long history of that.

I think Harry (and Meghan's) family have been despicable in their betrayal of them both.

What terrible ordeal at the hands of the royal family?
    Meghan said she was welcomed into the family and Always treated well.
    The only thing I heard her complain about was the press, no I would suggest that all the royal family have been subjected to press intrusion on their private lives. That's unfortunately due to the level of interest people have in them.
    Meghan seems to blame the royal family for things that journalists wrote about her, I'm sorry but I don't understand her reasoning.
    Royals do not go tit for tat against rubbish tabloid newspapers. That's not something they lower themselves to.

And as for the 'racist' remarks about their unborn son? I don't believe we have been told what was said, so I have no idea whether there even was racist remarks. She brought it up in the interview, said their was a conversation and concerns, no details and then Harry refused to talk about it.
    There is absolutely no evidence at all about any racist behaviour towards her or the baby.

So what exactly was their issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

For people nearing 40, they rely an awful lot on others helping them out until they have stuff figured out. They wanted independence, surely that covers financial independence too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,672 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Go back an read the thread, it was covered extensively.

Go back and read the thread?

Did Oprah ask Meghan if Kate made her cry? You said Meghan answered a direct question..

I may have missed this question.

Anyone else here know?

It’s a yes/no....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

No, but there were several direct questions about whether Meghan made Kate cry.

The transcript is here:
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/6675948/meghan-markle-oprah-interview-full-transcript/

No, but there were several direct questions about whether Meghan made Kate cry.

The transcript is here:
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/6675948/meghan-markle-oprah-interview-full-transcript/

As I thought.

Oprah asked Meghan if she made Kate cry.

Meghan wasn’t happy just answering no. She then went on (childishly, vindictively and pathetically) to add on that Kate made her cry..

But at least she got to tell “her truth.”

I see zero evidence of their claims. Zero. Meghan was a complete misfit for the BRF as she just didn't get that it's a job utterly curtailed by rules,regulations and protocols which are there for good and necessary reasons. The absolute arrogance if thinking she could improve something she had no understanding of. The RF wouldn,'t last five minutes if they went along with Meghan's brand of bandwagonning. And it is telling that there are far more modern Royal families in Europe but funny enough if she had married into them, she wouldn't have half the platform she has now. She did really well out of the BRF.They don't have to defend themselves from the BRF, since the BRF have never once attacked them. They are the ones doing all the attacking. And yet they want to keep all the trappings of power and prestige from the institution they hate. They should go away and live a wonderful life in L.A. and let their own abilities, if they have any beyond platitudes, define them rather than trying to corner the market of privileged 'victims'. Time to grow up kids.

Go back and read the thread?

Did Oprah ask Meghan if Kate made her cry? You said Meghan answered a direct question..

I may have missed this question.

Anyone else here know?

It’s a yes/no....

Oh ffs, here we go again...
    Meghan was asked if she made Kate cry, Meghan said no, she was then asked where that story came from (I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it).

As I thought.

Oprah asked Meghan if she made Kate cry.

Meghan wasn’t happy just answering no. She then went on (childishly, vindictively and pathetically) to add on that Kate made her cry..

But at least she got to tell “her truth.”

Hang on, they won't give you more information on who made the racist remark and you have a fit.
    Then she does give you more information about crygate and you have a fit.
    Damned if she does, dammed if she doesn't.

You sure it’s not you having the fit?

Calm down..

The issue is resolved..

Oprah did NOT ask Meghan if Kate made her cry..

That’s all I was wondering on..

Over and out.

She was asked here where the story came from, stop trying to pin down specific words and split hairs, there is no way Meghan could answer THAT question without telling the exact story.
    So NOT whinging, answering a direct question.
    I'm not getting on that merry-go-round with you again as I've said it's been discussed extensively up thread.
    Over and out to you.

Harry in an utterly nasty dig, said Charles and William were trapped in their roles. Roles, I'm sure Charles and William see as an absolute honour but which jealous Harry tied to tear down. But wait, Harry himself found freedom, didn't he and yet even though he is as free as the birds he chose to hold fast to his title and was sore he didn't get to hold onto other parts of the 'trap' he speaks about. Also they spoke about and showed they were peeved that Archie didn't get a title. Tut tut, now Harry, we can't have free Archie as opposed to trapped Prince George feeling the burden of Royal roles. Unless of course you understand that Harry and Meghan want all the perks and privileges but none of the day to day stuff.

• Advertisement

She absolutely could have shut down that story.

Simple: No. absolutely not. I did not make Kate cry. The story is a nonsense. Nobody made nobody cry.

That’s how any decent person would have answered..

She went in to make a claim that cannot be challenged or verified. That is the deviousness of her.

Advertisement