Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

None of their high profile friends have spoken out. I have noticed that there seems to be an increase in all kinds of nice random articles about the senior royals. I'm sure it's all entirely coincidental... ;)

I think as each of the statements from the interview are subsequently proven to be dodgy at best, it's speaking volumes about the big one - the racism.

Even their own versions don't align. Meghan says there were several conversations while she was pregnant about the baby's skin colour, Harry says it was a single conversation before they married. Recollections do indeed vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Looks like Tom Bradby has been markled! Apologies for the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Looks like Tom Bradby has been markled! Apologies for the source.

I read that too but didn't want to post for fear of being attacked for the source! :pac:

Obviously sees more career progression by being the mouth piece for Harry and Meghan

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I read that too but didn't want to post for fear of being attacked for the source! :pac:

Obviously sees more career progression by being the mouth piece for Harry and Meghan

Possibly wants to work more stateside?!

Possibly wants to work more stateside?!

Like the weatherman who had a go at Pearce Morgan

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Like the weatherman who had a go at Pearce Morgan

Is America the holy grail or something?! Small fish in a very big pond!

Is America the holy grail or something?! Small fish in a very big pond!

Same reason H&M are there, $$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

More lies being exposed from the interview then. Its obvious that from the very start the plan was to monetize their status and connections and rake in the cash, preferably while still remaining members of the RF for extra profitability. When this was nixed by the queen, history got re written to "we were forced out". Complete nonsense.
    "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were discussing projects with a billion-dollar backed US streaming service a year before they stepped down as senior members of the Royal family, it has emerged.

The Sussexes had a series of meetings with Quibi, a now-defunct rival to YouTube, from early 2019 until after they dropped their 'Megxit' bombshell in January last year.

The Duke returned from the so-called Sandringham Summit to meet executives from the short video platform in London as plans for him to provide content apparently reached advanced stages.

In their interview with Oprah Winfrey, the couple said that they “didn’t have a plan” upon leaving the Royal family, but The Telegraph has learnt that they had talks with executives of the £1.3 billion start-up before their son Archie was born in May 2019.

The discussions are understood to have led to tensions with Palace staff fearful they would be accused of “cashing in” on their status, and because the couple were predominantly consulting Meghan’s US-based team of advisers"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just saw ITV have a programme for Kate and William's 10th anniversary.

I'm not sure Megain and Hostage will get one ...

They're talking about them now!

• Advertisement

They're talking about them now!

What did they say about them?

What did they say about them?

Meh, a few seconds to say there was a rift with a clip of Meggers sitting between H & M and all of them looking very uncomfortable. William looked like he'd happily strangle her. No real insight given.

Meh, a few seconds to say there was a rift with a clip of Meggers sitting between H & M and all of them looking very uncomfortable. William looked like he'd happily strangle her. No real insight given.

Meh. They didn't show scarf gate so, I take it?!

Meh. They didn't show scarf gate so, I take it?!

No, what's scarf gate?

No, what's scarf gate?

It's on YouTube. Look up prince william and scarf.

It's on YouTube. Look up prince william and scarf.

A bit awks! :pac:

A bit awks! :pac:

Very awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Scarfing is the new ghosting :pac:

Scarfing is the new ghosting :pac:

Or the new being 'markled'!!

Speaking of awkward.What about at the Commonwealth event thing when Meghan and Sophie seemed to accidentally catch each others eye and then awkwardly looked away and pretended to be interested in something else :D

At about 35 seconds in to this clip

https://youtu.be/72xTair4nnY

Can't imagine what's actually gone on behind closed doors. Seems like they all avoid interacting with her. Seemed like she deliberately curtseyed to Charles but ignored Camilla too in that clip plus many more awkward family moments lol

• Advertisement

I think it's safe to assume William is not a Meghan fan.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Speaking of awkward.What about at the Commonwealth event thing when Meghan and Sophie seemed to accidentally catch each others eye and then awkwardly looked away and pretended to be interested in something else :D

At about 35 seconds in to this clip

https://youtu.be/72xTair4nnY

Can't imagine what's actually gone on behind closed doors. Seems like they all avoid interacting with her. Seemed like she deliberately curtseyed to Charles but ignored Camilla too in that clip plus many more awkward family moments lol

William and Kate were awkward when Meghan smiled and waved too.

Did anyone like her I wonder?

Edward is the only one who talked to them there, probably only because they were sitting beside him. They did all seem to get along until the run up to the wedding though

It doesn't seem like it. They all can't be wrong?

Edward is the only one who talked to them there, probably only because they were sitting beside him. They did all seem to get along until the run up to the wedding though

They all have matching bald spots, it was a great camera angle to showcase it!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I’ve not been following but are they are closer to finding out the alleged racist in the royal family is then ? Of all the things that have said the allegation of racism is the one they should be made to reveal IMO. It’s a serious charge and if they can’t leave that hanging there.

Edward from what I’ve seen is boring(nothing wrong with that) compared to the rest and he and his wife don’t make eijits of themselves. I think edwards wife Sophie is in the favour daughter in law sweepstakes with the queen.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Edward from what I’ve seen is boring(nothing wrong with that) compared to the rest and he and his wife don’t make eijits of themselves. I think edwards wife Sophie is in the favour daughter in law sweepstakes with the queen.

Well she was caught out saying some slightly embarrassing things by the "fake sheikh" years ago but it was fairly tame as royal scandals go

Well she was caught out saying some slightly embarrassing things by the "fake sheikh" years ago but it was fairly tame as royal scandals go

Oh yeah. Early doors but besides that it seems to have been a case of keep the head down and not cause a fuss.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I’ve not been following but are they are closer to finding out the alleged racist in the royal family is then ? Of all the things that have said the allegation of racism is the one they should be made to reveal IMO. It’s a serious charge and if they can’t leave that hanging there.

No, no closer. What we do know is that:
    Meghan said that it was several conversations about what colour the baby would be between Harry and an unnamed senior royal while she was pregnant. Harry wasn't in this part of the interview when she said it.

When Harry joined the interview, Oprah asked him and he said that it was one conversation before they were married and refused to comment further.

The next day after the interview aired, he confirmed through text message to Oprah that it wasn't the Queen, or Philip.

Senior royals are Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William & Catherine.

We still don't know exactly what was said or the context in which it was said. I'm not sure we ever will.

We don't know if it was a malicious appalling comment, or if it was, say in the context of the racist abuse his girlfriend was getting and someone said to him "you know that when you get married and have a family it could get a lot worse -you'll have to deal with speculation on what colour your babies will be, are you ready for that"

So the spotlight is really on the remaining four. It's leaning towards Charles and William because in the interview Meghan says that Catherine is a good person, so to my mind you wouldn't see her saying she's a good person if she was the family racist. I can't see that it was Camilla because it sounds like a comment that a direct family member would say - like a brother or a dad - just my opinion though.

Advertisement