Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Elton John will be re-releasing "Candle in The Wind" next month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else notice that while Meghan said the comments about Archies skin colour were made during her pregnancy , when Harry was asked about those comments he replied saying that was "very early on", inferring early in the relationship so "awkward timing" and when Oprah said "did they ask about the baby's skin" he said "yeah, they were saying what will the kids look like?".

I felt Meghan was saying these comments were made specifically about Archie, the baby she was then carrying, but Harry seemed to say they were made about hypothetical kids in a more general context.

That would cast things in a different light for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Because he could be black.
    The Royal family is an evil, nasty family. Do what you’re told or else your ****ed.

She’s going on a little bit much but nothing near as bad as some of the previous posts are making her out.

I’m more surprised by the huge support for the Royal family on Boards.

It’s not really support for the royal family. It’s more “How did she not know what a dysfunctional institution she was marrying into?”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Yeah I’m not buying that she didn’t google him. I’d only have to exchange a few messages with a guy on tinder before I’d start scoping out his social media on the sly to see what friends we have in common, or to see if there’s anything suspicious or interesting on his accounts.

I can’t imagine going on a date with a Prince and not even being the tiniest bit curious enough to look him up. I’m calling BS on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

The funniest thing I have ever seen was some toff on newsnight having a stroke because Prince Harry was marrying a mixed race yank. He was comparing it to the King who abdicated to run off with Wallis Simpson, but also to some royal in the 18th century who married "not only a commoner, but a peasant". He was turning bright red when he said this, and was furious, the type of fury reserved for a toff who witnessed an outrage, like his servant mixing up his knife and fork. A complete idiot who wouldn't be tolerated anywhere except England. The Royal family are a dying wasp. Hopefully quickly, but within the next 20 years, absolutely outdated and irrelevant

• Advertisement

I think you're insane, I never really took to her before but am seriously impressed. She is intelligent and fierce and exactly what this lad needs. He is quite passive and sensitive, she is not to be messed with.

Yeah she's real fake what are you on about? To go into the Royal Family and say nothing about how abusive and controlling they are because you want to be a wee princess or duchess of whatever is way more fake. How many women would go into that situation and tell the royal family were taking off and not raising our child amongst yous? Only someone who has a very strong spirit.

The only reason people on here seem to not like her is the American accent. Lots of Irish people just have a chip on their shoulder about Americans while they inexplicably love the 'devil they know' ie: the country that abused and humiliated them for decades on decades.

And I'm guessing those who are supporting the Royal Side are the same ones who still support the Catholic church blindly despite their horrific abuse as well. The older generations in Ireland are totally brainwashed.

Harry and Meghan seem lovely and warm and the Royal Family do not seem that way.

What a load of shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Yeah I’m not buying that she didn’t google him. I’d only have to exchange a few messages with a guy on tinder before I’d start scoping out his social media on the sly to see what friends we have in common, or to see if there’s anything suspicious or interesting on his accounts.

I can’t imagine going on a date with a Prince and not even being the tiniest bit curious enough to look him up. I’m calling BS on that one.

Also, there is the picture of her outside Buckingham Palace when she was on her summer holidays from school. If you care enough to make that trip, then you must know something about the royal family. And at the time, Harry was deemed a young and eligible prince

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

batman75 wrote: »
    I feel very sorry for Meghan. I think she was naive. Women in the royal family are merely baby producing machines who are to always look perfectly manicured. The treatment of her by the Daily Mail is nothing short of scandalous. Kate and William are treated with kid gloves in comparison by the media.

I think that they bailed out of the royal family because in reality he is surplus to requirements. Plus he had to fear for his wife's mental health given how she was been treated by the press. This would especially resonate with him given how his mother was haunted by the tabloids.

How can a woman, who turns up on movie catwalks, lived in Hollywood elite society, be naive, in relation to being famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

AllForIt wrote: »
    How can a woman, who turns up on movie catwalks, lived in Hollywood elite society, be naive, in relation to being famous.

Being famous and being in the royal family are different levels of famous. Not even close

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Harry saw how his mother was treated and died, so he moved and distanced to protect his family, also Meghan is stunningly beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Being famous and being in the royal family are different levels of famous. Not even close

Who was Harry’s long term girlfriend who broke up with him because she didn’t want to face the scrutiny of royal life? She wanted to pursue her career as a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭forumdedum

You'd know she's an actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

BettyS wrote: »
    Who was Harry’s long term girlfriend who broke up with him because she didn’t want to face the scrutiny of royal life? She wanted to pursue her career as a solicitor

That was Chelsy Davy, if I’m remembering correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I haven't a scoopie. I just like looking at Megan on TV tbh. She's a beaut :pac:

People backing up the Royals please realize you are this country's version of a Trump supporter, and that should be embarrassing for you.

If you have to resort to insults, you don’t have much of an argument.
    siblers wrote: »
    She also said until you are in the inside, you won't know what it's like to be in the family.

No one here has a clue what it's like no matter what reaserch we do

She would have discovered pre-engagement though.

Very careful repetition of chosen phrases throughout, little enough explosive that wouldnt pretty quickly be smoothed over as either misunderstanding or excusable under the weight of procedure imo.

Im sure herself found things pretty tough, im sure himself was sick of the gig, im not sure that they made a killer case for "we want to leave the royal family but keep all the perks"

the focus on security aint it, whats this lad worth nett? giving it the poor mouth like he was left penniless doesnt wash.

essentially anyone who thinks they know much more about any of this after that very carefully phrased performance had their mind made up going in imo

and even if playing soap plotline speculation about real people (whether they willingly partake in it or not) were to my taste, id still try to keep in mind that people of that wealth and class are as well to be another species and anyone emotionally invested in the whole farce needs their priorities checking imo

No war but a class war brethren 👊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Did anyone else notice that she said the conversation about the baby's colour was specific to her pregnancy?
    And he said it was said in general, when they were dating, about any future children they might have.
    Either way it's sh*tty but I felt Oprah should have challenged that discrepancy.

I agree. Meghan told a barefaced lie there. Harry didn't realise he had thrown her under the bus. He looked uncomfortable when Oprah brought up the subject and instructed her afterwards to clarify that they had not been referring to the queen or Prince Philip.

MOR316 wrote: »
    Like she did with a certain two other individuals...
    sligeach wrote: »
    Exactly. Where are those 2 lying dirtbags now? Hopefully they've crawled back under their respective rocks. Their lawsuits were dismissed before that disgraceful hitpiece with no facts, but loads of proven lies, and they're being dismissed again. The courts care about the truth, not salacious, biased tabloid style BS.

Michael Jackson Exonerated as Judge Dismisses James Safechuck Case, Wade Robson Will Be Next

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/10/21/michael-jackson-exonerated-as-judge-dismisses-james-safechuck-case-wade-robson-will-be-next

Oh good lord. Please let the thread not get derailed by this topic. It was pretty obvious that you were gunning to bring it up again, sligeach.

I've just heard a comment in British media:

"She didn't google The Royal Family before she married him."

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭batman75

AllForIt wrote: »

Famous absolutely not but what being in the Royal Family meant and would entail.

• Advertisement

batman75 wrote: »
    Famous absolutely not but what being in the Royal Family meant and would entail.

You are completely missing the point.

If anyone would know what being part of the Royal family entails it would be someone who is famous already.

Yeah I thought Oprah did a good job actually, which I wasn’t expecting. She was a bit salty at times too which I very much appreciated.

Aye. People seem unimpressed with Oprah’s performance but I thought she zeroed in on some stuff well and even revisited things that they didn’t adequately answer. Some of the questions still went unanswered but she tried.

My overall impression is that I can understand them wanting to leave the Royal Family but then why the obsession over Archie’s title and the surprise that they no longer had ready access to taxpayer money? I think Meghan leans into victimhood a bit too much too. I’m also not sure this was a good move for them in the long run. I think they risk becoming overexposed very soon if they’re not careful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Just a fact here.

Archie is not entitled to titles. He is not the grandson of the Monarch. Some Grandchildren of the Monarch don’t have titles, nor security.

But Meghan didn’t care to tell the truth and the Americans took her at her word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

I’m interested to see how the palace will respond. Surely they have to respond to the allegations that Meghan asked for help and was denied it, the allegations that Archie was denied a title due to being mixed race and the allegations that there was “concerns” over how dark he would be. I know their long lived philosophy is never complain, never explain, but surely they can’t let stuff like that just hang there

The problem is that most Americans seem to believe it all! Reference to the title thing, as above Archie isn’t entitled to a title! So that’s an outright lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Just a fact here.

Archie is not entitled to titles. He is not the grandson of the Monarch. Some Grandchildren of the Monarch don’t have titles, nor security.

But Meghan didn’t care to tell the truth and the Americans took her at her word.

Truth. Archie would become a Prince once Charles inherited the throne. Its an archaic order that goes back like 100 years. Beatrice and Eugenie have titles but don’t receive paid for protection. Surely this has been explained to her a thousand times? And Harry must also know this? Like it’s so easily refuted I can’t believe she actually said he wasn’t given a title due to being mixed race

Because I must have a masochistic streak, or I've gone a bit soft in the head, or because I read bits of this thread I'm watching this..

She seems like a dose..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

People sticking up for the royals,Sad to see on an Irish website(I had to double check after reading some of the cringe on this thread).
    My enemies enemy is my friend. Look at the rage this is causing to terrible people in the royal family and England in general- we would be celebrating that this enraging **** humans. Who cares if yer one is a narcissist it’s a net plus
    My moneys on Prince Andrew with the baby comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭hawley

Cressida Boneass

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Whatever anyone thinks about her, the way she was vilified and demonised over and over again by the media for the most insignificant and irrelevant of actions was absolutely disgraceful, and she didn’t deserve that. It was and is inexcusable.
    Particularly when compared to the coverage Andrew got, considering all the evidence supporting the allegations against him.

I also think it’s funny that people are holding William up as a beacon of morality, doing his duty with his nice wife and kids given the huge rumours circulating over the last few years about his long term affair with Rose Hanbury (a close friend of Kate’s), while Kate was pregnant on Prince Louis.
    He’s certainly his fathers son in that regard.

Interesting that none of the British press ever reported on any of these rumours about the affair, there wasn’t a peep out of them.
    Yet if you google it you will see that the story ran for weeks (and is still running) in the tabloids and media in the USA and Australia, among others.
    Meanwhile Meghan is accused of perpetuating 3rd world poverty & famine and causing droughts, because one time she said she enjoys eating avocados.

I think Harry has a lot of bitterness because he sees how his family have been harassed and ripped to shreds for the most innocuous of offences, while others in the firm get to enjoy a positive public persona but are actually doing much worse and aren’t even hiding it.
    It must have been beyond frustrating for him to see his wife be berated for holding her baby bump too much while William was having a full blown affair, and not getting a bit of hassle for it.

In fairness, there was nothing concrete to those rumours. It’s not true that the British press hasn’t reported on it. That’s where I read about it. And there was little of substance in any other country’s press on it either. I wanted to know more and looked and couldn’t find much at all. But maybe there is very little substance to the rumours and that’s why they haven’t elaborated. Reporting on an affair is far more life-changing that an article comparing Kate and Meghan’s outfits and eating habits so you really need to be sure. You seem to have made your mind up that he had an affair because of scant, vague details based on your last comment in the bolded bit. I find that incredible, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Aye. People seem unimpressed with Oprah’s performance but I thought she zeroed in on some stuff well and even revisited things that they didn’t adequately answer. Some of the questions still went unanswered but she tried.

My overall impression is that I can understand them wanting to leave the Royal Family but then why the obsession over Archie’s title and the surprise that they no longer had ready access to taxpayer money? I think Meghan leans into victimhood a bit too much too. I’m also not sure this was a good move for them in the long run. I think they risk becoming overexposed very soon if they’re not careful.

Those would be mostly my feelings on it all too. I’d never begrudge them wanting privacy, it’s a completely rational request. But it’s becoming more and more clear that’s not what they want. The half baked non committal vague stories about someone saying something but I can’t say who, is completely pointless but perfect if your only end game is to shlt stir and cause ructions. Harry is an idiot but I’ll feel for him if this all goes tits up. He has already lost so much

Advertisement