Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

God my heart goes out to her, can't imagine how it must feel to be pregnant in a strange country, living in such a fish bowl environment with your husbands family and them giving you the cold shoulder (if that is indeed what they are doing) :(

Neyite wrote: »
    No, no closer. What we do know is that:
    Meghan said that it was several conversations about what colour the baby would be between Harry and an unnamed senior royal while she was pregnant. Harry wasn't in this part of the interview when she said it.

When Harry joined the interview, Oprah asked him and he said that it was one conversation before they were married and refused to comment further.

The next day after the interview aired, he confirmed through text message to Oprah that it wasn't the Queen, or Philip.

Senior royals are Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William & Catherine.

We still don't know exactly what was said or the context in which it was said. I'm not sure we ever will.

We don't know if it was a malicious appalling comment, or if it was, say in the context of the racist abuse his girlfriend was getting and someone said to him "you know that when you get married and have a family it could get a lot worse -you'll have to deal with speculation on what colour your babies will be, are you ready for that"

So the spotlight is really on the remaining four. It's leaning towards Charles and William because in the interview Meghan says that Catherine is a good person, so to my mind you wouldn't see her saying she's a good person if she was the family racist. I can't see that it was Camilla because it sounds like a comment that a direct family member would say - like a brother or a dad - just my opinion though.

Isn't Princess Anne getting the blame ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Ms2011 wrote: »
    God my heart goes out to her, can't imagine how it must feel to be pregnant in a strange country, living in such a fish bowl environment with your husbands family and them giving you the cold shoulder (if that is indeed what they are doing) :(

The way I look at it , you can see just how difficult Meghan was then by how difficult and awful she is being now. She had a very loving husband at her side and a huge brief to occupy herself with and a baby to look forward to. It must be difficult for anyone in a new country but I mean that's what she willingly took on. If the family gave her the cold shoulder, in hindsight I'd say they are thanking their lucky stars as she is so indiscreet. However it could just as easily have been her unwilling to connect with the family. We heard she refused invites to joing the family for summer holidays at Balmoral and also didn't want to join them for Christmas. Not exactly friendly behaviour on her part.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,651 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mrsmum wrote: »
    The way I look at it , you can see just how difficult Meghan was then by how difficult and awful she is being now. She had a very loving husband at her side and a huge brief to occupy herself with and a baby to look forward to. It must be difficult for anyone in a new country but I mean that's what she willingly took on. If the family gave her the cold shoulder, in hindsight I'd say they are thanking their lucky stars as she is so indiscreet. However it could just as easily have been her unwilling to connect with the family. We heard she refused invites to joing the family for summer holidays at Balmoral and also didn't want to join them for Christmas. Not exactly friendly behaviour on her part.

Yes

Completely unsuited for the role of a royal.

And instead of getting out, accepting this, and shutting her gob, she simply proved how unfit she was with that shameless and devious and tacky and brazen staged interview...

But, to some, she had to speak up....how else would we all get to know her truth, and in particular, "she made me cry."

Would you want to be around people who didn't want to be around you?
    I look at that 'scarf' clip and I just see someone who is incredibly sad but trying to smile through it, I'm not a body language expert by any means but my heart actually breaks when I look at it, she seems so lost :(

• Advertisement

I look at that 'scarf' clip and I just see someone who is incredibly sad but trying to smile through it, I'm not a body language expert by any means but my heart actually breaks when I look at it, she seems so lost :(

Maybe he didn't like her. It's allowed. And maybe he had good reason not to like her. But Kate was friendly to her in that clip and she threw her under the bus repeatedly in the 'interview'. She's not a bit lost now and still is intent on making trouble. Why not just get on with having a happy life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Harry should have challenged whoever said it there and then. Not moan to his wife afterwards. Then not back her up when she said it.

She should have bitten her tongue and not brought it up. It drives him further from his family and given the Diana situation play it safe in case they did have her killed.

That’s if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

walshb wrote: »
    Yes

Completely unsuited for the role of a royal.

And instead of getting out, accepting this, and shutting her gob, she simply proved how unfit she was with that shameless and devious and tacky and brazen staged interview...

But, to some, she had to speak up....how else would we all get to know her truth, and in particular, "she made me cry."

Who was in the right? Crying doesn’t matter if you’re in the wrong.

Maybe he didn't like her. It's allowed. And maybe he had good reason not to like her. But Kate was friendly to her in that clip and she threw her under the bus repeatedly in the 'interview'. She's not a bit lost now and still is intent on making trouble. Why not just get on with having a happy life.

I never said he wasn't allowed dislike her just as she didn't have to like him either.
    I agree Kate did appear friendly and Meghan seemed to relax with her. I've said previously I don't think there was any malice involved in Meghan telling the crying story and I felt she went to great lengths to say how nice Kate was to her and how they had but that particular incident to bed.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't see that at all. She looks smiley and chatty to me. They certainly look happier than my family would after sitting in a church.

William exits, he looks directly at and has clocked the camera pointed right at them. If he isn't saying much it's probably because they know that there will be tabloids with lip readers on standby to find out what they say to each other, which they've done many times before. They did it with his wedding, on the balcony of BP and at other church services. They did it with Zara speaking to her husband at H&M's wedding too. They always get lip readers to analyse the footage.

And you know, we don't know what happened between them to cause awkwardness. Wasn't there some reports at the time that the supposed affair William had was leaked to the press by friends of Meghan. If that was the case, then she's lucky he was so restrained around her.

• Advertisement

I never said he wasn't allowed dislike her just as she didn't have to like him either.
    I agree Kate did appear friendly and Meghan seemed to relax with her. I've said previously I don't think there was any malice involved in Meghan telling the crying story and I felt she went to great lengths to say how nice Kate was to her and how they had but that particular incident to bed.

Malice. Hmmm if your sil drags up a story from it's grave which shows you in an unflattering light ie waity Katie and broadcasts it to the world, believe me nothing has been put to bed in the mind of that person. Saying how nice Kate was while sticking the knife into her is revolting. The words and the actions of a nice person match which doesn't mean a nice person can't be be absolutely and totally angry. I would admire Meghan more if she said I was real annoyed about x situation. I found y situation fustrating. Owning her emotions.Meaghan, though, in my eyes is pure fake, she was angry and syruppy sweet at the same time. It didn't ring true for me anyway. Fair enough if you see her differently.

Neyite wrote: »
    I don't see that at all. She looks smiley and chatty to me. They certainly look happier than my family would after sitting in a church.

William exits, he looks directly at and has clocked the camera pointed right at them. If he isn't saying much it's probably because they know that there will be tabloids with lip readers on standby to find out what they say to each other, which they've done many times before. They did it with his wedding, on the balcony of BP and at other church services. They did it with Zara speaking to her husband at H&M's wedding too. They always get lip readers to analyse the footage.

And you know, we don't know what happened between them to cause awkwardness. Wasn't there some reports at the time that the supposed affair William had was leaked to the press by friends of Meghan. If that was the case, then she's lucky he was so restrained around her.

I actually don't think William did anything untoward in that 'scarf' clip, I was more commenting how I was reading Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I had a quick look at the scarf incident. And I did feel really sorry for Markle there. She did look quite lost and William wasn't having a bar of it.
    But....I don't know the context behind it. For all I know Markle could have said or done something to upset him or he could have just been a d!ck. I don't know.

They really should shed some more light on the racist comment stuff though. Was the comment even racist? Is a comment made about skin colour automatically racist these days? If the comment was about the impending baby's skin colour could it not have been in the context of something more innocent?

The royals are no fools , and are people like the rest of us

Judging by what we have seen of Markle, and what she will stoop to to get attention, the RF would have seen her for what she is right from the start..

I don’t know her one iota, but right from the get go I sensed a real insincerity about her....

Give it a little time, and ginger royal will be out on his ear..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Saw this article this evening. Report from the Guardian. Just unlucky??

Seriously, is this a wind up?

Tell me you are not this gullible..

Why would your heart break? Who is she to you, or anyone, really!

But, at least there is some comfort. Markle certainly got her own back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The royals are no fools , and are people like the rest of us

Judging by what we have seen of Markle, and what she will stoop to to get attention, the RF would have seen her for what she is right from the start..

I don’t know her one iota, but right from the get go I sensed a real insincerity about her....

Give it a little time, and ginger royal will be out on his ear..
    The loss of their HRH status might make them less marketable if Americans understand the significance.

They won't have the publicity of swanning back for glamorous official occasions, and will be in the background at family occasions now that they're minor royals.

Still, it will give them the opportunity to feed their victim complex and perception of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Saw this article this evening. Report from the Guardian. Just unlucky??

Paparazzi no doubt, they did however have the opportunity to slink off and lead a quiet life ...

Paparazzi no doubt, they did however have the opportunity to slink off and lead a quiet life ...

They wouldn't have that issue behind secure Palace walls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They wouldn't have that issue behind secure Palace walls!!

But then no Netflix deals?

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    But then no Netflix deals?

What's a girl to do?! Between a rock and a hard place!

Seriously, is this a wind up?

Tell me you are not this gullible..

Why would your heart break? Who is she to you, or anyone, really!

But, at least there is some comfort. Markle certainly got her own back!!

No I'm not gullible, I am however empathetic, an important human trait I find.

My heart breaks because I have the ability to put myself into someone else's shoes and image how I might feel in a similar situation, also an important human trait.

I didn't realise you had to know someone personally to be sympathetic to their situation.

My heart breaks because I have the ability to put myself into someone else's shoes and image how I might feel in a similar situation, also an important human trait.

I didn't realise you had to know someone personally to be sympathetic to their situation.

I don't personally don't think things were as bad as she made them out to be. Also a lot of her grievances were minor issues.

I don't personally don't think things were as bad as she made them out to be. Also a lot of her grievances were minor issues.

And that's your right to think, I didn't walk in her shoes so I don't know if those 'minor grievances' just kept chipping away at her, sometimes it isn't a major event that brings us to our breaking point it is a serious of minor ones that do.

Fair enough..

Just your description of your heart breaking for some complete stranger based off a photo doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to me..it comes across as gullible, and I don’t mean that to offend you. I just find it bizarre that anyone would fall for it, considering by how she has since behaved and conducted herself.

Save some of that empathy for her staff who left in their droves and who have said she was an impossible taskmaster. Actually I'm being kind. They, who walked in their own shoes, actually said she was a bully.

Fair enough..

Just your description of your heart breaking for some complete stranger based off a photo doesn’t make any sense whatsoever to me..it comes across as gullible, and I don’t mean that to offend you. I just find it bizarre that anyone would fall for it, considering by his she has since behaved and conducted herself.

Fair enough, your opinion of a complete stranger makes no sense to me and I'll not say how that comes across to me.

Save some of that empathy for her staff who left in their droves and who have said she was an impossible taskmaster. Actually I'm being kind. They, who walked in their own shoes, actually said she was a bully.

I'll show huge empathy for them if/when those accusations are proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

So which Meghan's accusations are proven?

• Advertisement

It says a lot that so many left, some after a very short time. As part of their contract, they probably signed ndas so we probably won't hear much if anything of what went on behind the scenes.

Advertisement