Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Harry will get a few scoops into him the night of the wake and it will all kickoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Neyite wrote: »
    Philip has died.
    Awkwaaaard for the American two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I'd say some GP in California is frantically writing out an Unfit-to-Fly cert for a certain Duchess. ;)

"we went to several medical professionals for help but it was made clear that they were unwilling to engage in a compassionate manner with our simple request. Although it wasn't stated explicitly, it was completely clear that it was considered 'risky' for an unborn child of colour to attend the funeral"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Not great for Phil either in fairness.....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Will there be a leak that the Racist One is reportedly someone sadly recently deceased I wonder?

Philip had a strong loyalty to the monarchy and also didn't give a fcuk what people thought of him anyway so I wonder will he take one for the team? I'm imagining them all panicking about how to get out of that fiasco and him in the corner just saying "Calm down you silly buggers, just stall until I pop my clogs and tell the idiots in the media it was me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Not as awkward as it is for the rest of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Jayus Harry's grandfather, who by all accounts he was very fond of has just died and people still can't resist getting the boot in, I just despair sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Jayus Harry's grandfather, who by all accounts he was very fond of has just died and people still can't resist getting the boot in, I just despair sometimes.

No disrespect for Philip, he seems to have been a 'what you see is what you get' kind of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I'm not using unproven accusations to beat anyone over the head with.

You said you were very empathetic to Meghan when watching a footage with a scarf and not really knowing what has happened beforehand or if it was even intentional. So what proof did you have here?

Or were you empathetic towards Princess Eugenie, when her wedding was stolen by Meghan?

And you are not able to be that way towards other people without a proof.

Double standards?

JoChervil wrote: »
    You said you were very empathetic to Meghan when watching a footage with a scarf and not really knowing what has happened beforehand or if it was even intentional. So what proof did you have here?

Or were you empathetic towards Princess Eugenie, when her wedding was stolen by Meghan?

Double standards?

Funny how a wedding can be 'stolen' when guests who attended the wedding were totally oblivious to that which supposedly ruined it.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Funny how a wedding can be 'stolen' when guests who attended the wedding were totally oblivious to that which supposedly ruined it.

Actually it was you, who gave many quotes in this thread about how guests knew after watching her coat buttoned in a certain way, that she was pregnant. And now you claim they were oblivious.

I judge things after effect it made. So it was a proof of it. Her pregnancy dominated the media afterward not Eugenie's wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love this picture of The Queen at her Coronation and how Philip is looking at her.

705eb4490db5d1dbdbbc5289b6a1c408.jpg

He was a birrova dish in his day

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nobody has said anything awful about Harry, and Meghan barely knew Philip.

Harry couldn't have been that fond of his Grandad when he was happy to release such a self-serving interview while Philip was in hospital.

Them doing the interview was the opposite of everything Philip valued and stood for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Will be interesting to see if Meghan will travel. If she can travel to New York for her baby shower while pregnant, she can travel for the funeral surely. But I doubt she will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Double standards?

What are you talking about?
    If you read my posts you'll see I actually didn't think William snubbed Meghan :confused:

The only person that cares in that situation is the bride. And it was clearly a faux pas to steal the limelight on her big day. It's just not the done thing in any family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The only person that cares in that situation is the bride. And it was clearly a faux pas to steal the limelight on her big day. It's just not the done thing in any family.

The Meghan fans think differently if you look back, scoffing at the very idea that the bride and groom should take centre stage.

Actually it was you, who gave many quotes in this thread about how guests knew after watching her coat buttoned in a certain way, that she was pregnant. And now you claim they were oblivious.

I judge things after effect it made. So it was a proof of it. Her pregnancy dominated the media afterward not Eugenie's wedding.

Can you post some links to media articles covering the wedding on the day, that make note Meghan was pregnant and that guests at the wedding were aware of it and talking of little else?

Eugene's wedding was not stolen. The press and guests were unaware and coverage of the wedding was of the wedding, not Meghan's pregnancy. People like you are trying to claim a retrospectivity that just doesn't exist in reality.

Basically Meghan can't win. She stole a wedding by wearing a certain style of coat and by how it was buttoned - or not? Had she not attended the wedding she would have been criticised for a terrible sleight; had she not worn a coat but instead a slight bump was vissible and commented on, that would have been stealing the wedding because she was flaunting it deliberately which she should have avoided by having the decency to wear a coat. So she cops the blame for each of the three possible scenarios. Get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Will be interesting to see if Meghan will travel. If she can travel to New York for her baby shower while pregnant, she can travel for the funeral surely. But I doubt she will.

I highly doubt Megan will set foot in the UK again, and I don't think Harry will be bringing Archie over for the funeral either.

Harry should have remembered that fondness before he threw his family under a bus.

The 2 of them acted like spoilt children throwing their toys out of the pram to generate publicity for themselves. That's why they're being criticised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Harry should have remembered that fondness before he threw his family under a bus.

The 2 of them acted like spoilt children throwing their toys out of the pram to generate publicity for themselves. That's why they're being criticised.

This in a nutshell.

Shameless disgraceful behaviour.

And the worst thing about it: completely uncalled for...

I suppose the silver lining is that for all their bluster, they said eff all of any truth or substance..

Most people see them for what they are..

It has never been made clear what happened, so only a very few people actually know what transpired. For all we know, it might have been Eugenie herself asking Meghan straight up if she was pregnant, and her answering truthfully.

What are you talking about?
    If you read my posts you'll see I actually didn't think William snubbed Meghan :confused:

So they are your quotes:

549677.png

549678.png

549679.png

Your heart breaks watching this footage with a scarf, while not knowing what happened, but you can't be empathetic towards other people without a proof.

So for me it's double standars

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I highly doubt Megan will set foot in the UK again, and I don't think Harry will be bringing Archie over for the funeral either.

If Meghan did show up, she would be accused of trying to upstage the funeral. If she doesn't, then she'll be accused of disrespect.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

No. I'd even be surprised if Harry attends. I'd say if he did, he'd get a VERY frosty reception from everyone, including the Queen.

No. I'd even be surprised if Harry attends. I'd say if he did, he'd get a VERY frosty reception from everyone, including the Queen.

They could give another Oprah interview and claim gingerism as Oprah recoils in faux outrage and shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Harry and Meghan attending the funeral will be nothing more than pageantry. It’s a bit late in the day to be paying your respects when the man lay ill in hospital a mere few weeks ago but they decided to plough on with their ridiculous interview regardless, showing a remarkable lack of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

If Meghan did show up, she would be accused of trying to upstage the funeral. If she doesn't, then she'll be accused of disrespect.

Unless she wears some inappropriate outfit or does something attention grabbing then why would she be accused of that simply by attending? Oh because she is poor victimized Megan is it? I dont think anyone is expecting her to attend, for obvious reasons.

Quite the opposite, actually.

• Advertisement

I can't see either of them making the trip to be sidelined as minor royals.

Their decision to leave has made others move up the pecking order.

Advertisement