Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

cnocbui wrote: »
    Quite the opposite, actually.

Privately frosty, but publicly tolerated, no way in hell will they add to the racism accusations.

But no family would welcome 2 members who publicly attacked them with open arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Can you post some links to media articles covering the wedding on the day, that make note Meghan was pregnant and that guests at the wedding were aware of it and talking of little else?

Eugene's wedding was not stolen. The press and guests were unaware and coverage of the wedding was of the wedding, not Meghan's pregnancy. People like you are trying to claim a retrospectivity that just doesn't exist in reality.

Basically Meghan can't win. She stole a wedding by wearing a certain style of coat and by how it was buttoned - or not? Had she not attended the wedding she would have been criticised for a terrible sleight; had she not worn a coat but instead a slight bump was vissible and commented on, that would have been stealing the wedding because she was flaunting it deliberately which she should have avoided by having the decency to wear a coat. So she cops the blame for each of the three possible scenarios. Get real.

Your own quotes should suffice:

549682.png

549683.png

I am not going to do any more research on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Since he is no longer able to travel under diplomatic papers and the funeral is in 8 days he will not have cleared quarantine, unless exception is made?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Quite the opposite, actually.

Not publicly naturally. The Queen has more class than to cold-shoulder them visibly and has always preferred to sort out family matters very privately if at all possible.

I don’t think Harry will attend. He’ll use the restrictions as an excuse. Not a good enough excuse if the immediate family are socially distanced in St George’s chapel but he’ll use it anyway.

• Advertisement

Actually I think such occasion would be their only chance for a visit because they wouldn't be booed as much as they would in any other occasion. Public wouldn't do it simply out of respect.

But the regulations probably won't allow them to come.

It's hilarious that so many defenders here are actually disproven by their own posts when they look for sources or proof!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

JoChervil wrote: »
    Actually I think such occasion would be their only chance for a visit because they wouldn't be booed as much as they would in any other occasion. Public wouldn't do it simply out of respect.

But the regulations probably won't allow them to come.
    That's a good point, actually. They'd be far less likely to have heckling or abuse yelled at them at a funeral, same as for the unveiling in July of the Diana statue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I don’t think Harry will attend. He’ll use the restrictions as an excuse. Not a good enough excuse if the immediate family are socially distanced in St George’s chapel but he’ll use it anyway.

There was talk a few weeks ago of him having a private jet on standby in case he had to go home and restrictions were never mentioned. I'm sure he will attend. Theres every chance he is fully vaccinated being in California anyway so would he still have to quarantine?

10 days mandatory quarantine when entering the UK so that removes the possibility of them attending the funeral.

They might travel to spend private time with family after the funeral of course ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

So they are your quotes:

549677.png

549678.png

549679.png

Your heart breaks watching this footage with a scarf, while not knowing what happened, but you can't be empathetic towards other people without a proof.

So for me it's double standars

You're making no sense!
    I felt sorry for her looking at her, I didn't say anyone had done anything to her inside or outside of the church so what am I trying to prove :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There’s only going to be 30 allowed in the church so it could be the case that all spouses do not attend

Neyite wrote: »
    Nobody has said anything awful about Harry, and Meghan barely knew Philip.

Harry couldn't have been that fond of his Grandad when he was happy to release such a self-serving interview while Philip was in hospital.

Them doing the interview was the opposite of everything Philip valued and stood for.

Ah well that's OK then, Harry will be mourning his grandfather and Meghan will be trying to support her husband as would happen in a typical marriage, Is it not a bit tacky trying to score points off that?

I thought Prince Philip was all for speaking your mind, is that not what Meghan and Harry did?

Harry should have remembered that fondness before he threw his family under a bus.

The 2 of them acted like spoilt children throwing their toys out of the pram to generate publicity for themselves. That's why they're being criticised.

If that's what helps you sleep at night!

William is ordering the scarves as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

u still hv to x10 quarantine just at home , hotels quarantine is for red list

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Your own quotes should suffice:

549682.png

549683.png

I am not going to do any more research on it...

Obviously the meaning of 'on the day' was missed. Eugiene's wedding was on the 12th oct 2018. Any reports from that date of her pregnancy, or did she manage to steal it after the fact because of some astute guesses?

You can't steal someone's wedding retrospectively and you wouldn't be stealing it if someone at the wedding asked if you were pregnant and you answered truthfully. I don't think lying and denying it would be acceptable, either.

If you can find a first hand account of Meghan, unprompted, jumping up on a table with a megaphone and yelling to everyone concerned that she was preganant, then yes, that would be stealing it, but I haven't seen any such claims yet.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Ah well that's OK then, Harry will be mourning his grandfather and Meghan will be trying to support her husband as would happen in a typical marriage, Is it not a bit tacky trying to score points off that?

I thought Prince Philip was all for speaking your mind, is that not what Meghan and Harry did?

What is tacky was their very public display of points scoring with Oprah Winfrey which aired when Philip was seriously ill in hospital. So any acts of concern or respect from them are purely performative at this stage. They didn’t care when it mattered. A 99 year old man being taken into hospital, it doesn’t take a genius to work out he may not have much time left. Oh but that’s okay, they were planning on pulling the interview if Philip had died. How gracious of them.
    How low the bar has to be in order for them to display some decent morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how pregnant is Meghan? 5 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I love this picture of The Queen at her Coronation and how Philip is looking at her.

705eb4490db5d1dbdbbc5289b6a1c408.jpg

He was a birrova dish in his day

He’s thinking about later: “kneel before your king, baby.”
    Or something something “my sceptre and balls, baby”.

If Meghan did show up, she would be accused of trying to upstage the funeral. If she doesn't, then she'll be accused of disrespect.

I think most fair-minded people, even if they don't like her, would respect either choice.

I'd say a death like this must make Harry stop and think about the hole he has dug for himself. By all accounts he got on great with his granddad. I'd almost feel sorry for him if I hadn't seen the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

I'd say a death like this must make Harry stop and think about the hole he has dug for himself. By all accounts he got on great with his granddad. I'd almost feel sorry for him if I hadn't seen the interview.

I agree with you.

It makes me wonder if his “advisors” really have his interests at heart.

It also begs the question, can he not think for himself and see those thoughts through?

Either way, I am sure that somewhere in California, there is an argument happening and lots of thinking going on.

Obviously the meaning of 'on the day' was missed. Eugiene's wedding was on the 12th oct 2018. Any reports from that date of her pregnancy, or did she manage to steal it after the fact because of some astute guesses?

You can't steal someone's wedding retrospectively and you wouldn't be stealing it if someone at the wedding asked if you were pregnant and you answered truthfully. I don't think lying and denying it would be acceptable, either.

If you can find a first hand account of Meghan, unprompted, jumping up on a table with a megaphone and yelling to everyone concerned that she was preganant, then yes, that would be stealing it, but I haven't seen any such claims yet.

Well, it is how manipulation works. It is all sweet and innocent on the surface, while stabbing your back in an invisible way.

It is really a question similar to “True and False Prophets and how we recognise them?” You recognise them by the results of their actions, not by what they are praying and pretending to be. And the results of her action showed that people properly read her “unbuttoned message” (your quotes are a proof).

And for example what was a result for Kate from the interview: That she was a good person or that she made Meghan Cry, admitted it with her apology and was Waity Kathy, so waited much longer than Meghan for proposal? And it was all said to a global audience in case they never heard about it. So the result was stabbing, not praising. And that Meghan was better than her.

That’s why discussing with people defending manipulators doesn’t make sense, because they believe what manipulators say, while I believe in what manipulators do and in the results of their doing. And because they are often opposites, so we are on different pages and will never agree.

What is tacky was their very public display of points scoring with Oprah Winfrey which aired when Philip was seriously ill in hospital. So any acts of concern or respect from them are purely performative at this stage. They didn’t care when it mattered. A 99 year old man being taken into hospital, it doesn’t take a genius to work out he may not have much time left. Oh but that’s okay, they were planning on pulling the interview if Philip had died. How gracious of them.
    How low the bar has to be in order for them to display some decent morality.

So you demonstrate how poorly they behaved by behaving just as poorly, brilliant reasoning!!

If that's what helps you sleep at night!

I sleep just fine, thank you.

Would it be fair to say that Meghan helped kill him?

So you demonstrate how poorly they behaved by behaving just as poorly, brilliant reasoning!!

I would expect much more from two people who claim to be such compassionate human beings., let alone the relatives of the man in question. Airing years old dirty laundry and being the driving force behind a lot of hate directed towards the RF in recent weeks as Philip was dying is the complete opposite of compassion. They’re two spoofers who are only interested in themselves.

• Advertisement

You seem to haven't noticed that Prince Philip is Harry's grandfather and grand grand father of their kids so it should be expected more from them then from a poster here...

Especially that this whole thread was caused by their interview, not other way around. Interview, which they made fully aware of the condition Prince Philip was in.

Advertisement