Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

Am I the only one still somewhat on the fence about Meghan and Harry? I've said before on this thread that I think the fact that they were whingeing about being victimised when they live in a $17m mansion was pretty crass and tone-deaf, and I still think that.

But I just don't think she's this calculating narcissist who cackles evilly to herself every day at having stolen Harry away to America and its multi-million dollar media deals?

I think they're both spoiled, and naive, and I think she could have shown a bit more grace when asked had she any regrets. I think Harry has clearly gone to tonnes of therapy over the years, which is good, but I think that sometimes it can also make you think you're the centre of the universe, which isn't great.

The whole institution of the royal family is still steeped in oppression and snobbery though? And the British media were and are horrible? And Piers Morgan is a repulsive, obsessed creep who makes money from what is a quite disturbing dedication to trashing Meghan?

Anyone else still seeing both sides of this, or am I the only one who doesn't think she's a horrible person?

I just don't think the amount of sheer hatred emanating from Britain towards them these days is proportionate. I've definitely gone off them since the interview, but at the end of the day, they haven't killed anyone- regardless of what Piers says in his inevitable bile-filled column about how Meghan caused the death of Prince Philip. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Would it be fair to say that Meghan helped killed him?

I can think of 99 reasons why it wouldn't be; so no.

Nice try, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Sure.

There you go.

That isn't thowing a child under a bus. That is how children behave. For the record, I like Charlotte because she is spirited. That doesn't mean she isn't a handful.

Surprising the professional nanny who was acting as Meghan's PA wasn't able to keep all the kids happy. Maybe that is why she was asked to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I wonder what the odds are of harry and meghan calling the baby Phyllis? 👶

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

What a nonsense. Are you WUM?

• Advertisement

Yes Kent, it would. (Simpsons reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I would expect much more from two people who claim to be such compassionate human beings., let alone the relatives of the man in question. Airing years old dirty laundry and being the driving force behind a lot of hate directed towards the RF in recent weeks as Philip was dying is the complete opposite of compassion. They’re two spoofers who are only interested in themselves.

So it is OK to act as crassly as you are claiming they acted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

I wonder what the odds are of harry and meghan calling the baby Phyllis? ��

Or “Sy” after Andrew !

Ms2011 wrote: »
    You're making no sense!
    I felt sorry for her looking at her, I didn't say anyone had done anything to her inside or outside of the church so what am I trying to prove :confused:

If you don't understand your own words, so I can't help you.

Shelga wrote: »
    Am I the only one still somewhat on the fence about Meghan and Harry? I've said before on this thread that I think the fact that they were whingeing about being victimised when they live in a $17m mansion was pretty crass and tone-deaf, and I still think that.

But I just don't think she's this calculating narcissist who cackles evilly to herself every day at having stolen Harry away to America and its multi-million dollar media deals?

I think they're both spoiled, and naive, and I think she could have shown a bit more grace when asked had she any regrets. I think Harry has clearly gone to tonnes of therapy over the years, which is good, but I think that sometimes it can also make you think you're the centre of the universe, which isn't great.

The whole institution of the royal family is still steeped in oppression and snobbery though? And the British media were and are horrible? And Piers Morgan is a repulsive, obsessed creep who makes money from what is a quite disturbing dedication to trashing Meghan?

Anyone else still seeing both sides of this, or am I the only one who doesn't think she's a horrible person?

I just don't think the amount of sheer hatred emanating from Britain towards them these days is proportionate. I've definitely gone off them since the interview, but at the end of the day, they haven't killed anyone- regardless of what Piers says in his inevitable bile-filled column about how Meghan caused the death of Prince Philip. :rolleyes:

No I'm with you on pretty much all you've said.

I don't think they are without fault but no way do they deserve vitriol they get.

• Advertisement

Ah well that's OK then, Harry will be mourning his grandfather and Meghan will be trying to support her husband as would happen in a typical marriage, Is it not a bit tacky trying to score points off that?

I thought Prince Philip was all for speaking your mind, is that not what Meghan and Harry did?

Prince Philip gave his life in service to the queen.
    He put up with being second fiddle to the realm all his life. He did what he had to do as part of the royal family.
    Pretty sure he would never give an interview putting the boot into the 'firm'

JoChervil wrote: »
    If you don't understand your own words, so I can't help you.

I understand my words perfectly, its you that seem confused. Don't try and turn it back on me because what you quoted made no sense to the point you were trying to make.

I understand my words perfectly, its you that seem confused. Don't try and turn it back on me because what you quoted made no sense to the point you were trying to make.

I hate to bring it to you but my points made perfect sense.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Prince Philip gave his life in service to the queen.
    He put up with being second fiddle to the realm all his life. He did what he had to do as part of the royal family.
    Pretty sure he would never give an interview putting the boot into the 'firm'

The man had just died so I'm not going to bad mouth him but I think we all know his straight talking and less than PC remarks have caused problems for the royal family in the past

I hate to bring it to you but my points made perfect sense.

Ok, so what is it you want me to provide you with proof of exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

The man had just died so I'm not going to bad mouth him but I think we all know his straight talking and less than PC remarks have caused problems for the royal family in the past

I don't think he has ever gone on American TV and complained about his lot.

I never said he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"I'm not going to badmouth him" and proceeds to throw a vague accusation.

Are you Meghan by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So it is OK to act as crassly as you are claiming they acted?

I don’t believe I am. I’m critical of their behaviour and their lack of regard for a dying man and his wife. Losing a loved one and all that it entails is the one true leveller, no matter who you are. And they cared not. Their entitlement to air their truth mattered more to them than compassion towards their grandmother who Harry claims to respect. I find that crass and I’m calling it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

not America TV, Canadian
    “In an interview on NBC’s Meet the Press, Prince Philip announced that the monarchy was broke or about to be so: ‘We go into the red next year, now, inevitably if nothing happens we shall have to - I don’t know, we may have to move into smaller premises…
    “‘For instance, we had a small yacht which we had to sell, and I shall have to give up polo fairly soon…'”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/mtp-archive-prince-philip-defends-the-monarchy-936341571948

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

jm08 wrote: »
    That isn't thowing a child under a bus. That is how children behave. For the record, I like Charlotte because she is spirited. That doesn't mean she isn't a handful.

Surprising the professional nanny who was acting as Meghan's PA wasn't able to keep all the kids happy. Maybe that is why she was asked to leave?

Your position on the matter doesn’t need any more clarity. It is clear to most who have eyes what you were intending to do with that post. I think when it comes to targeting and blaming a three year old child in order to preserve Meghan’s innocence it’s time to have a little introspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

Wonder if they will be “beneficiaries” in the will?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He didn't complain about the monarchy or say that people were trapped in the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Would it be fair to say that Meghan helped kill him?

I hear he died of a broken heart... or else it was because he was almost a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

He didn't complain about the monarchy or say that people were trapped in the system!
    he complained about his lot.

Ok, so what is it you want me to provide you with proof of exactly.

I already wasted too much time for it to drug it any further. You can read my posts back.

"I'm not going to badmouth him" and proceeds to throw a vague accusation.

Are you Meghan by any chance?

Ah ffs, I said I didn't want to bad mouth him and I don't so I kept it short.
    I'm not Meghan but I'm starting to understand how she feels.

I already wasted too much time for it to drug it any further. You can read my posts back.

I'm fine with not understanding whatever point you were trying to make.

I don’t believe I am. I’m critical of their behaviour and their lack of regard for a dying man and his wife. Losing a loved one and all that it entails is the one true leveller, no matter who you are. And they cared not. Their entitlement to air their truth mattered more to them than compassion towards their grandmother who Harry claims to respect. I find that crass and I’m calling it out.

It's not the debate in general I find crass, it's the mockery of Harry and Meghan and what they are doing, thinking, feeling at this time when a member of their family has just died and how they will be treated if/when they attend to funeral I find crass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah ffs, I said I didn't want to bad mouth him and I don't so I kept it short.
    I'm not Meghan but I'm starting to understand how she feels.
    If you didn't want to badmouth him you shouldn't have made any comment, that was my point.

Advertisement