Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ms2011 wrote: »
    It's not the debate in general I find crass, it's the mockery of Harry and Meghan and what they are doing, thinking, feeling at this time when a member of their family has just died and how they will be treated if/when they attend to funeral I find crass.
    Do you find an accusation of racism that has left all but 2 members of Harry's family under suspicion crass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

It's not the debate in general I find crass, it's the mockery of Harry and Meghan and what they are doing, thinking, feeling at this time when a member of their family has just died and how they will be treated if/when they attend to funeral I find crass.

Well in that case, don’t give out about your family when they are alive.

They got themselves into this mess by broadcasting family issues to the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

JoChervil wrote: »
    I already wasted too much time for it to drug it any further. You can read my posts back.

Only people I have seen use 'drug' when they mean dragged, are Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Well I’m not sure what else they expect. It’s awful to lose a family member, I feel for Harry in that regard but I’m confused about their decision to do what they did while knowing he was so ill. It’s not the done thing and it’s certainly not an act of compassion. I wonder does he feel like a bit of a donut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

They spoke on American TV which was aired in several countries, criticising the royal family while Prince Phillip was ill in hospital. I find that crass behaviour and showing lack of respect.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »

If a snide remark at a typo is your best retort it might be best not to comment.

Barack Obama has posted a lovely tribute to Philip

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNc5qDAgbfY/?igshid=y9qdgap84dnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

If you didn't want to badmouth him you shouldn't have made any comment, that was my point.

Then how do I reply to a post I'm quoted in, smoke signals?

They spoke on American TV which was aired in several countries, criticising the royal family while Prince Phillip was ill in hospital. I find that crass behaviour and showing lack of respect.

Which is my point, you find what they did crass so you behave crassly in response, could you not be the perceived bigger person?

Then how do I reply to a post I'm quoted in, smoke signals?

No, just don't state you don't want to badmouth a dead person and then proceed to badmouth them. I'm not sure how this confuses you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

Philip lived a life of privilege and saw more and experienced more than any of us would in 3 lifetimes. That being said, it’s sad to think that he died with his family being so divided. To quote the words of one of his mums favourite bands for Harry, When you gonna realize it was just that the time was wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Ah ffs, I said I didn't want to bad mouth him and I don't so I kept it short.
    I'm not Meghan but I'm starting to understand how she feels.

It is really concerning that you don't notice, what you post. And it is difficult to discuss with you because it seems you wipe your own words out from your memory.

Haven't you said that:
    The man had just died so I'm not going to bad mouth him but I think we all know his straight talking and less than PC remarks have caused problems for the royal family in the past

So why did you post this post above?

If a snide remark at a typo is your best retort it might be best not to comment.

It was a malapropism, not a typo.

Also he was almost 100. Literally from a different time, so colour me shocked that he may have had a few clangers along the way

or autocorrector?

And you're sure of that I take it?

Also he was almost 100. Literally from a different time, so colour me shocked that he may have had a few clangers along the way

I said in the other thread that I admired his defiance even I disagreed with his opinions. He could be hilarious at times.

Still how important was it to the merit? Did you understand, what I meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

So this is on their website

https://archewell.com/

Still how important was it to the merit? Did you understand, what I meant?

Very. I get upset when people don't even know the difference between less and fewer. Dragging the language down to the level of a banjo playing hillbilly is a bridge to far, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Very. I get upset when people don't even know the difference between less and fewer. Dragging the language down to the level of a banjo playing hillbilly is a bridge to far, I'm afraid.
    "A bridge to far"! :pac:

Are you aware that not all people here are native speakers? I find criticising people because of their different nationality weird at best.

And it comes from a person, who is outraged with others being racists towards Meghan. Nationalism doesn't fall far from it....

Are you aware that not all people here are native speakers? I find criticising people because of their different nationality weird at best.

And it comes from a person, who is outraged with others being racists towards Meghan. Nationalism doesn't fall far from it....
    Never mind, there's a clanger of an example of malapropism in their own post!

deise08 wrote: »
    So this is on their website

https://archewell.com/

Did they hide any other content? I can't find the menu option.

:D

:D

The irony on this thread is something else! Alanis Morissette could use it to rewrite one of her famous songs.

Just providing an example. ;)

Just providing an example. ;)

There, their, they're, get your banjo and start playing. :D

I bet you furiously checked that post before smugly hitting 'post reply'.

No, just don't state you don't want to badmouth a dead person and then proceed to badmouth them. I'm not sure how this confuses you?
    It is really concerning that you don't notice, what you post. And it is difficult to discuss with you because it seems you wipe your own words out from your memory.

Haven't you said that:

So why did you post this post above?

Because if I didn't I'd be hopped on for not giving examples, it wouldn't just be left at me not wanting to bad mouth him.

• Advertisement

Because if I didn't I'd be hopped on for not giving examples, it wouldn't just be left at me not wanting to bad mouth him.

Then you didn't have to respond at all. You've ignored plenty of posts.

Advertisement