Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

BettyS wrote: »
    How is that example and him dressing up as a Nazi any more acceptable than that made by the unnamed source? Genuinely, I would like to hear the logic!

Oh, but Meghan has made him face that and realise he was wrong, so that's ok now. Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Oh, but Meghan has made him face that and realise he was wrong, so that's ok now. Apparently.

And what about the people that lose their jobs for the historical charges? Can they use the same defence?

I despise racism! I sincerely do! I am just trying to get my head around how something may or may not be pardoned depending on who said it

BettyS wrote: »
    And what about the people that lose their jobs for the historical charges? Can they use the same defence?

I despise racism! I sincerely do! I am just trying to get my head around how something may or may not be pardoned depending on who said it

No, it's never acceptable, it wasn't acceptable at the time Harry said it and wore the Nazi uniform. That's precisely why it made the headlines and we all know about it. The uniform bit is especially galling given Harry's German ancestry and the connections Edward, Wallis Simpson and Philip's sister had to the Nazis.

But H & M are oblivious to that.

Philip's funeral will be entirely at Windsor with no public access, but will be televised. 8 minute procession to the chapel.

Harry will be one of the 30 attendees, but Meghan, "on medical advice", won't.

Neyite was spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Surprise, surprise that she's unable to travel.

• Advertisement

I'm shocked, really, really, really shocked.

Honestly.

Honestly.

But would she have travelled back for a super fabulous baby shower??!

But would she have travelled back for a super fabulous baby shower??!

Quite the conundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm delighted she's not going. It would have been deeply upsetting and raw for the other royal family members wondering what kind of media attention it would bring having her there.
    I just hope that Harry has the chance to make peace with some family members when he's back home in the UK.

To thine own self be true

I'm delighted she's not going. It would have been deeply upsetting and raw for the other royal family members wondering what kind of media attention it would bring having her there.
    I just hope that Harry has the chance to make peace with some family members when he's back home in the UK.

I'd imagine the queen made sure she wasn't on the list. It will be hard for Harry to face them all on his own, he might be snubbed behind closed doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I'd imagine the queen made sure she wasn't on the list. It will be hard for Harry to face them all on his own, he might be snubbed behind closed doors.

I doubt he will. But for sure no one will talk around him not to be recorded or something like this for Gayle or Oprah use. He can't be trusted now. He might even be on hot line with Meghan all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I am delighted too. No one needs more drama there...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully he won’t be because that would he poor form on the others. A funeral does focus the minds and hopefully that’s what happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

I think it's really fortunate for everyone that she has a good excuse not to travel. She was really hateful towards the family in that interview. She actually could have done an interview with Oprah and just said Harry and herself left as they wanted to do humanitarian work with a wider reach & without having to be apolitical like the RF have to be or something like that. Then she could have spoken about their plans and ideas and their dreams for their family to her hearts content. But then again I guess you have to understand it's secrets of the RF Oprah wanted and Meghan and Harry were prepared to sell her those. Oprah is only interested in them through their connection to RF and of course Meghan knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Well because it will be socially distant he will have to sit on his own

Well because it will be socially distant he will have to sit on his own

I meant in private, not at the funeral. It's incredibly likely that at least some family members will be uncomfortable around him after the interview. They'll all be on their best behaviour when they're being televised live.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Honestly.

On doctors Advice my H***, more like on the advice of her PR/Spin advisors, she'll be terribly missed I'm sure :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    On doctors Advice my H***, more like on the advice of her PR/Spin advisors, she'll be terribly missed I'm sure :)

More like she wasn't on the list, the royal family are well able to freeze people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Arra shur, spin doctors are doctors too ;):D

I wonder what the excuse would have been for not travelling if she was not pregnant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You're criticising her for not travelling.

If she did travel, ye'd be criticising her for travelling and making it all about her.

Jaysus folks, let it go. She can't hurt you any more.

Penn wrote: »
    You're criticising her for not travelling.

If she did travel, ye'd be criticising her for travelling and making it all about her.

Jaysus folks, let it go. She can't hurt you any more.

None of us expected her to be there at all.

So, we were right, ON THE INTERNET.

It's the little things after a year in lockdown. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I wonder what the excuse would have been for not travelling if she was not pregnant?

Another absurd interview booked perhaps? :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

A depressed rescue chicken?

She had to stay behind to mind the dogs!

She had to stay behind to mind the dogs!

The palace have her passport! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I meant in private, not at the funeral. It's incredibly likely that at least some family members will be uncomfortable around him after the interview. They'll all be on their best behaviour when they're being televised live.

I doubt that many will be uncomfortable around him. They might well be furious at him rather than uncomfortable. As far as the U.K. seems to be concerned, he is coming out the worse for it.

The palace have her passport! :D

But how did she get back to America in the first place??! The plot thickens..

But how did she get back to America in the first place??! The plot thickens..

She was exiled like Edward and Wallis Simpson and driven to a private jet in a white Fiat Uno.

• Advertisement

She was exiled like Edward and Wallis Simpson and driven to a private jet in a white Fiat Uno.

I wonder was it really her decision (and her doctor's) not to travel? Maybe she was asked to stay away.

Advertisement