Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Going to be a very very difficult few days for Harry. Lots of long silences I’d imagine. Everyone knows now that everything they say will be noted and repeated to ‘Er Indoors.
    And it may be repeated in some future cringe inducing “pity poor me” interview on US TG.
    So best thing is to say nothing of any importance.
    If he’s not wincing right now as he makes his travel arrangements at his stating in that awful interview that he feels sorry for his brother and his father then I’d have to conclude that he’s really rather stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder was it really her decision (and her doctor's) not to travel? Maybe she was asked to stay away.

It's a royal funeral, the Queen decides the guest list. It's unlikely she made the cut after the interview. Sometimes when you make you bed you have to lie in it.

If Meghan was there it would have distracted from the funeral. It's meant to be about Philip, his life and his role in the royal family. If Meghan was there it would be a circus so it stands to reason she couldn't be there.

I wonder was it really her decision (and her doctor's) not to travel? Maybe she was asked to stay away.

She was able to fly from London to New York at a similar stage of pregnancy for a baby shower, but not for her grandfather in law’s funeral.

Harry knew that his wife wouldn’t be going to his grandfathers funeral as a direct consequence of that interview.
    He knew that when his father told him that the end was nigh some weeks ago.
    Philip only came out of the hospital to die at home like everyone wants.
    The whole family knew it was weeks at the most.
    It’s just very convenient that they are pregnant in a pandemic in California so all awkward press questions can be avoided.
    She didn’t really have any decision to make.

She was able to fly from London to New York at a similar stage of pregnancy for a baby shower, but not for her grandfather in law’s funeral.

She hadn’t just rubbished her grandparents in law entire family on worldwide TV then.
    She hadn’t had a miscarriage either, nor was there a pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Very different circumstances on multiple levels.

First London to New York for a brief trip is way less taxing then LA to London for 5-10 days. The time difference is smaller and there's no need to adjust for a 2 day trip. It's way less jarring heading west then East. Flight time is much shorter.

Then there's a kid who either needs to be brought or needs to be left behind. Bring him and you've a grumpy two year old who has no idea which way is up or down. Leave him and that's traumatic in other ways. On your first kid you can sleep before and after any event, on kid two you can't.

No way I'd have gone in her circumstances, even if there was no bad blood. It's a grandfather at a good age, and not unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The RF wouldn't want her at the funeral, so its win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Very different circumstances on multiple levels.

First London to New York for a brief trip is way less taxing then LA to London for 5-10 days. The time difference is smaller and there's no need to adjust for a 2 day trip. It's way less jarring heading west then East. Flight time is much shorter.

Then there's a kid who either needs to be brought or needs to be left behind. Bring him and you've a grumpy two year old who has no idea which way is up or down. Leave him and that's traumatic in other ways. On your first kid you can sleep before and after any event, on kid two you can't.

No way I'd have gone in her circumstances, even if there was no bad blood. It's a grandfather at a good age, and not unexpected.

Not to mention a previous history of miscarriage this time around and a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

How do you think that the public will receive Harry? Will there be any encounters with him and Joe Public? Given the level of anger, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is heckled and booed

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

BettyS wrote: »
    How do you think that the public will receive Harry? Will there be any encounters with him and Joe Public? Given the level of anger, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is heckled and booed

The whole thing will be in private so there won't be any crowds gathered to heckle and boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Penn wrote: »
    You're criticising her for not travelling.

If she did travel, ye'd be criticising her for travelling and making it all about her.

Jaysus folks, let it go. She can't hurt you any more.

I think her attempting to show her face at the funeral would be a disgrace...after her disgusting behaviour in slating her in laws so publicly.

I don’t think there is much here: she was never going to be there.

And likely won’t be at much anything royal anymore..

That is nothing to do with criticising her travelling or not travelling..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Deeec

Poor little Archie probably sees more of his nanny than he does of Megan. Can you honestly see Megs making his dinner, changing his nappies, up with him all night because hes teething, washing his clothes etc - dont think so - she has people to do all of that. Poor little mite is lucky if he sees here for 1 hr per day. I dont think Archie would even realise shes gone!

Funerals are a hard time for families. It is much better that Megs doesnt attend and add to the stress and emotional upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Anewme's threadban lifted after discussion with user.

Now that we know Meghan won't be there the next big question is what do they do with Andrew? Take him out of the storage cupboard, dust him off and tell him to behave?

TV commentators covering the funeral will have to be respectful and won't be able to mention Epstein, the disastrous interview, the allegations and his refusal to cooperate with investigators, so it's going to be the elephant in the room.

Chances are the tabloids will have a field day after, and it wouldn't be believable if he was suddenly indisposed.

Deeec wrote: »
    Poor little Archie probably sees more of his nanny than he does of Megan. Can you honestly see Megs making his dinner, changing his nappies, up with him all night because hes teething, washing his clothes etc - dont think so - she has people to do all of that. Poor little mite is lucky if he sees here for 1 hr per day. I dont think Archie would even realise shes gone!

Funerals are a hard time for families. It is much better that Megs doesnt attend and add to the stress and emotional upset.

So now she's not only a narcissist and a liar but also a crap mother, jayus Satan would want to watch his back, she'll be after his job next :rolleyes:

Ms2011 wrote: »
    So now she's not only a narcissist and a liar but also a crap mother, jayus Satan would want to watch his back, she'll be after his job next :rolleyes:

First part of your post is definitely correct

Jury is still out on the last part!

walshb wrote: »
    First part of your post is definitely correct

Jury is still out on the last part!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I don't think she is a crap mother. She actually may put much more energy into her kids than average.

Narcissist's kids are projects for a narcissist. Hence name for their future projects: Archewell Foundation, Archewell Productions, Archiwell Audio.

Also her desire of the prince title for him. It has nothing to do with security for him, only wanting to have better kid than others.

And very likely her girl will be called Diana.

JoChervil wrote: »
    I don't think she is a crap mother. She actually may put much more energy into her kids than average.

Narcissist's kids are projects for a narcissist. Hence name for their future projects: Archewell Foundation, Archewell Productions, Archiwell Audio.

Also her desire of the prince title for him. It has nothing to do with security for him, only wanting to have better kid than others.

And very likely her girl will be called Diana.

You do realise Harry would have had or will have a say in all of that too, Archie and this new baby have to equally invested parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

You do realise Harry would have had or will have a say in all of that too, Archie and this new baby have to equally invested parents.

Well, I see different dynamic in their relationship. "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets".

• Advertisement

How do you know?

Like any parents/marriage/commitment....there can be levels of “equal.”

Anyway, no matter what anyone thinks of their behaviours recently, I wish them nothing but joy on the birth of their daughter. Nothing in humanity more beautiful and cherished than birth!!

JoChervil wrote: »
    Well, I see different dynamic in their relationship. "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets".

Who told you that 'a source ?

walshb wrote: »
    How do you know?

Like any parents/marriage/commitment....there can be levels of “equal.”

Anyway, no matter what anyone thinks of their behaviours recently, I wish them nothing but joy on the birth of their daughter. Nothing in humanity more beautiful and cherished than birth!!

How does anyone know anything for sure unless they hear it first hand.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56709087

Hope of healing rifts and Andrew speaking to the press.

Exactly my point...

Hence why I asked how do you know, as you seemed to imply that it was a given..

Anyway, I am sure he does have a say. Equal say? That is up for debate.

From what I have seen from them both, Markle clearly knows what she wanted, how to get it, and how to work it

I guess I am a biased, as I never took their relationship as at all genuine...

Well what's your source for "Archie and the new baby having two equally invested parents"?

Well what's your source for "Archie and the new baby having two equally invested parents"?

Listening to how Harry lights up when he talks about Archie shows his investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭BettyS

Exactly! How do we know what the people accused in the documentary meant unless we hear it first hand

BettyS wrote: »
    Exactly! How do we know what the people accused in the documentary meant unless we hear it first hand

We don’t hence the debate, the difference is I'm not calling anyone a narcissist or liar like its a fact.

• Advertisement

Harry will do as Harry is bid. Unless he wants to find himself back in Blighty with a family and a public who don’t like him anymore, fighting a cross-Atlantic custody battle.
    Girls like Meghan won’t tolerate any man trying to exert any kind of “will”.

Advertisement