Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ya. You’re right. Everyone else is wrong.

1. Surely to goodness they’re not so stupid as to think that the secret wedding was the real deal?
    2. It might explain their ignorance of matters of royal titles.
    3. I doubt if one conversation regarding colour had taken place, let alone two!

on what basis do you doubt such conversations took place?
    do you think the royal family are incapable of engaging in such conversations or engaging in things that are racist, whether intentionally or unintentionally?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Apparently it was known within the family that it was a matter of time after he left hospital, so he did have opportunity to travel before now.

He had an important interview while his grandfather was terminally ill, important contracts and jobs to attend to. Poor lamb is rushed off his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

maybe it was known, maybe it was suspected, realistically we probably won't know for definite for a bit at least.
    either way, it wouldn't necessarily equate to an opportunity for harry to travel back, assuming it was absolutely the case that he didn't.
    i'm sure the tabloids might have reported on it had he done so but maybe in this case they might have grown up for once given the situation and not bothered.
    things are not always so simple unfortunately especially where a family member has emigrated.

What is simple is Meg only got with that ginger so she could be a princess haha.

Poor Harry is easily led and a bit of an old racist himself.

Runs in the family I suppose.

Sure old Philip was a big racist - maybe Meg/Harry held that against him

walshb wrote: »
    This reads as just more mumbo jumbo type deflection...

I know what they were at. Of course, can’t prove be it. Nobody can.

And that’s the beauty of it for them...the whole **** show was engineered to be as misleading and vague as possible, but it didn’t wash with me and many others. Their bull and contradictions and misdirections were clear to see.

well no, you don't know what they were at, you think they were at something, which to be fair is different.
    i can't imagine they care whether what they said washes with you and some others or not, millions watched the interview and they got their side of the story out there, which i would imagine is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He had an important interview while his grandfather was terminally ill, important contracts and jobs to attend to. Poor lamb is rushed off his feet.

And interviews with Oprah and hang out with James Corden!! For someone that was so close to his family, seems now not to be too worried.

• Advertisement

on what basis do you doubt such conversations took place?
    do you think the royal family are incapable of engaging in such conversations or engaging in things that are racist, whether intentionally or unintentionally?

On the basis that no secret wedding took place. That clouds all their other claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

well no, you don't know what they were at, you think they were at something, which to be fair is different.
    i can't imagine they care whether what they said washes with you and some others or not, millions watched the interview and they got their side of the story out there, which i would imagine is more important.

Their side of what story?

Did RF have some story on them that they needed to address?

What is simple is Meg only got with that ginger so she could be a princess haha.

Poor Harry is easily led and a bit of an old racist himself.

Runs in the family I suppose.

Sure old Philip was a big racist - maybe Meg/Harry held that against him

she could just as easily have got with him because she liked him, more likely given they have a child and another one on the way.
    ultimately unless one of them tells us otherwise then we aren't going to know, but what i do know is you claiming she only got with him so she could be a princess isn't a claim that is stacking up currently.
    harry is no fool, he's a grown man who knows his own mind and knows what he wants and that was to get out of the rf.
    that little boy who was with his mother's coffin in 1997 is now all grown up and people need to respect his decision to not be a senior member of the rf, he doesn't want a life of subservience and duty and all else.

On the basis that no secret wedding took place. That clouds all their other claims.

so basically you have no basis to believe that no such conversations took place.
    grand so.

walshb wrote: »
    Their side of what story?

Did RF have some story on them that they needed to address?

the reasons for why they left the rf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Do we know how many of the other grandchildren went to visit Philip before he died especially with COVID restrictions?
    Did they say goodbye in person or virtually, is it possible Harry said his goodbyes virtually??

maybe it was known, maybe it was suspected, realistically we probably won't know for definite for a bit at least.
    either way, it wouldn't necessarily equate to an opportunity for harry to travel back, assuming it was absolutely the case that he didn't.
    i'm sure the tabloids might have reported on it had he done so but maybe in this case they might have grown up for once given the situation and not bothered.
    things are not always so simple unfortunately especially where a family member has emigrated.
    Look at the pictures of Philip leaving hospital, anyone who has seen someone at the end of their life, or even anyone with eyes, would have known he was dying.

Doctors who treated him would have known and that would have been explained to his family.

Harry had a month to come home and posted a cold, impersonal message on their website when he died.

posted a cold, impersonal message on their website when he died.

Some could argue it would be exactly how Philip would have wanted it, short, sweet and to the point, no pomp and ceremony.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Do we know how many of the other grandchildren went to visit Philip before he died especially with COVID restrictions?
    Did they say goodbye in person or virtually, is it possible Harry said his goodbyes virtually??

It is possible that they would have seen him in person wearing PPE. After all the Queen (and Charles?) have received their vaccine.

she could just as easily have got with him because she liked him, more likely given they have a child and another one on the way.
    ultimately unless one of them tells us otherwise then we aren't going to know, but what i do know is you claiming she only got with him so she could be a princess isn't a claim that is stacking up currently.
    harry is no fool, he's a grown man who knows his own mind and knows what he wants and that was to get out of the rf.
    that little boy who was with his mother's coffin in 1997 is now all grown up and people need to respect his decision to not be a senior member of the rf, he doesn't want a life of subservience and duty and all else.

He said himself He would never have left if it wasn't for Megan. Doesn't sound like a grown adult who knows his mind or what he wants.

Some could argue it would be exactly how Philip would have wanted it, short, sweet and to the point, no pomp and ceremony.

Is that why the rest of his family have spoken about him so warmly and fondly?

Are they trying to torment him in death? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I think there are lockdown exemptions for seeing a dying loved one in the UK? I think most of the family did go to see him. In fact it seems like they were with him when he died given that Sophie described his passing as "gentle", something only someone who was there would know.

Look at the pictures of Philip leaving hospital, anyone who has seen someone at the end of their life, or even anyone with eyes, would have known he was dying.

Doctors who treated him would have known and that would have been explained to his family.

Harry had a month to come home and posted a cold, impersonal message on their website when he died.

i did look at the pictures.
    i saw someone who was certainly very ill, and while i suspected he may have been on the way out, given i didn't have access to his medical records and was not told he was going to die, then i'm afraid all i could do is suspect but not know for sure.
    so, given none of us had any access to his medical records, we knew nothing for definite only suspected.
    there was nothing wrong with the message on that website, the personals are better to be done more in person then via a website where people can and will interpret a message in whichever they want to to suit their particular viewpoint.
    having a month to come home doesn't equal to actually being able to come home.

It is possible that they would have seen him in person wearing PPE. After all the Queen (and Charles?) have received their vaccine.

It's also possible alot was done virtually along with Harry.

If someone had died unexpectedly, then of course it wouldn't have made sense for Harry to travel between having to quarantine etc but Prince Philip was 99, had been ill in hospital for a number of weeks before being released. He had plenty of time to make arrangements.

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I think there are lockdown exemptions for seeing a dying loved one in the UK? I think most of the family did go to see him. In fact it seems like they were with him when he died given that Sophie described his passing as "gentle", something only someone who was there would know.

He died in Windsor Castle, not a hospital so I'm sure people visited. Philip was vaccinated and dying so no reason not to visit.

i did look at the pictures.
    i saw someone who was certainly very ill, and while i suspected he may have been on the way out, given i didn't have access to his medical records and was not told he was going to die, then i'm afraid all i could do is suspect but not know for sure.
    so, given none of us had any access to his medical records, we knew nothing for definite only suspected.
    there was nothing wrong with the message on that website, the personals are better to be done more in person then via a website where people can and will interpret a message in whichever they want to to suit their particular viewpoint.
    having a month to come home doesn't equal to actually being able to come home.

So you looked at a clearly gravely ill 99 year and assert that there was a possibility of recovery because you didn't see his medical records?

Farcical post.

It's also possible alot was done virtually along with Harry.

And it's also possible that Harry was advised of how ill he was in order to make arrangements to come home to see Prince Philip for the last time.

And it's also possible that Harry was advised of how ill he was in order to make arrangements to come home to see Prince Philip for the last time.

Maybe Harry was confused about that too? He seems to mix a lot of things up.

bubblypop wrote: »
    He said himself He would never have left if it wasn't for Megan. Doesn't sound like a grown adult who knows his mind or what he wants.

of course it does, sometimes people for whatever reason don't want to take certain steps as they either fear the worst or because they feel that there is nothing else, but in the back ground, they do want out of the situation they are in.
    megan probably gave him the kick up the backside he needed and showed him that there is a world outside the rf, which there is .
    so yeah, he is a grown adult who knows his own mind, but just needed a push to actually go through with it, and the treatment of megan by the tabloids would definitely have been one of the big pushes he needed.

So you looked at a clearly gravely ill 99 year and assert that there was a possibility of recovery because you didn't see his medical records?

Farcical post.

no, i looked at the pictures and suspected an outcome.
    nothing farcicle at all.
    i never mentioned the word recovery anywhere in my post.

Is that why the rest of his family have spoken about him so warmly and fondly?

Are they trying to torment him in death? :rolleyes:

What did William post?

Point is no one knows for sure what did and didn't happen when Philip actually died or who was there but as usual the 'experts' jumping to conclusions again writing their own narrative and judging someone without the full facts.

Harry is no longer the “Spare” since Williams children were born. Must be a bitter pill to swallow.

What did William posted?
    I believe he posted the obituary. Family members don't tend to post impersonal messages omitting the deceased name and thanking them "for their service"

If a relative of mine died i wouldn't post on RIP.ie, I'd talk to my family in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

Media reports he arrived back today from LA and is in quarantine.... can’t see him in a “days inn” by the airport. Can’t imagine it will be particularly warm and fuzzy reception on the whole either.

Advertisement