Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Harry is no longer the “Spare” since Williams children were born. Must be a bitter pill to swallow.

He's not even a senior royal any more, just a family member. I know Diana and Sarah had to curtsy to all the family after they lost their HRH status, so Harry probably has to bow to his father, brother, sister in law and uncles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I believe he posted the obituary. Family members don't tend to post impersonal messages omitting the deceased name and thanking them "for their service"

If a relative of mine died i wouldn't post on RIP.ie, I'd talk to my family in person.

He posted a picture initially and then a link to the Queens official statement.
    Don't see that as any colder than Harry's but more fitting to Philips no fuss requests for his death arrangements.

NSAman wrote: »
    Media reports he arrived back today from LA and is in quarantine.... can’t see him in a “days inn” by the airport. Can’t imagine it will be particularly warm and fuzzy reception on the whole either.

He still has Diana's family.

no, i looked at the pictures and suspected an outcome.
    nothing farcicle at all.
    i never mentioned the word recovery anywhere in my post.
    If you didn't think he was definitely dying you must have thought there was a chance he'd recover. No one looks like that for months or years.

Have you never seen someone in the final weeks or days or their life? There's a very distinctive appearance. I can state that as a fact because I've seen it more times than I'd like.

Harry is no longer the “Spare” since Williams children were born. Must be a bitter pill to swallow.

Or maybe a relief, who knows?!

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »

Who won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He's not even a senior royal any more, just a family member. I know Diana and Sarah had to curtsy to all the family after they lost their HRH status, so Harry probably has to bow to his father, brother, sister in law and uncles now.

The Bowing and curtsy thing is bizarre enough but apparently there’s tiers of this stuff. Why would Harry need to bow to Kate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

I suppose, megh hasn’t started on them yet..:)

Who won't be there.

Won't be where?

I'm talking about where he might be staying while in England.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Bowing and curtsy thing is bizarre enough but apparently there’s tiers of this stuff. Why would Harry need to bow to Kate ?

She has HRH status, there's a pecking order. He'll have to bow to his niece and nephews too I'd presume, maybe not now but when they're older. They all have to bow/curtsy to the queen because she's of higher status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Won't be where?

Frogmore house is still Harry's??

Won't be where?

I’m sure he’ll find a place to stay. Between his father and mother family’s they aren’t short of space.

She has HRH status, there's a pecking order. He'll have to bow to his niece and nephews too I'd presume, maybe not now but when they're older. They all have to bow/curtsy to the queen because she's of higher status.

So does Harry doesn’t he ? Did he lose it ?

Won't be where?

At the funeral.

NSAman wrote: »
    I suppose, megh hasn’t started on them yet..:)

I know, amazing isn't it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This is where it starts clutching at straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What did William post?

An even sparser tribute, by all accounts:

https://7news.com.au/entertainment/prince-philip/william-and-kate-make-touching-tribute-to-prince-philip-c-2568134

The press call theirs a "touching tribute" though.

They both did. He's now simply Harry, Duke of Sussex. HRH Prince Henry is no more. The same happened to Diana and Sarah.

At the funeral.

The poster was wondering where Harry might be staying while in England, nothing about the funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Harry is still a HRH even though it is not tended to be used in practice now, same with Edwards kids, styled as Lord/Lady from birth but legally royal.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »

Oh the bizarre stuff starts way before that.

https://7news.com.au/entertainment/prince-philip/william-and-kate-make-touching-tribute-to-prince-philip-c-2568134

Exactly, press never miss an opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i doubt it.
    i don't think he wanted to be king really to be honest.
    william on the other hand i suspect does want to be king one day and will take it on when his time comes.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

anewme wrote: »

Look it up, no clutching at all.

HRH Diana, Princess of Wales became Diana, Princess of Wales. There were a lot of reports of her being upset at having to curtsy to Charles and William promising to reinstate her status when he was king.

Maybe research before you sneer because it's accurate.

Harry is still a HRH even though it is not tended to be used in practice now, same with Edwards kids, styled as Lord/Lady from birth but legally royal.

That was a choice by Edward though. His kids were entitled to be a Prince or princess but it was a Choice their parents made. So my understanding is that Harry and Edwards kids if introduced at some event would he announced as his/her royal highness. Or do I have that wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Am I right in saying that it has been the Queen, their children and Harry who have released written statements about his death?

Frogmore house is still Harry's??

One of Andrew’s girls lives there. Eugenie, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

No, she moved out like a month after moving in or something like that.

Edit: they did move out

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a35211276/princess-eugenie-frogmore-cottage-moved-out/

But apparently they moved back in again.

https://observer.com/2021/02/princess-eugenie-jack-brooksbank-royal-baby-move-back-to-frogmore-cottage-windsor/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Sure it’s not one of his “girls”...ahem......ok I’ll get me coat

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »

In a weird connection I was rewatching a China exchange interview that axl rose gave in London a few years ago and after watching it an interview with princess eugenie popped up as she apparently had done one also. I didn’t watch the whole thing but from what I watched she came across very well and not at all what I expected. She was very warm and engaging so even though her parents have their issues they seem to have done a good job of raring their daughters.

Advertisement