Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    I'm just watching this myself. Amazed! A part of me is thinking it is just more theatre?

He was called out by "mind" the mental health charity yesterday. He also got called out by two black women about lecturing them about what racism constitutes.

Don't know what to make of this!
    I rarely watch this but I admit i was up and knew he inserted himself in the middle of the storm yesterday so switched it on.
    methinks, he might be just feeling the pressure himself!

PS He's back, chewing his lip furiously!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

yup! What a surprise! He's back!

This is actually great live tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Some people are really fcuked up, a young couple have just expressed their struggles to the world, and people are talking about their divorce, now that's just really fcuked up!

I would give them two years max. They are totally mismatched, their backgrounds are just too far apart. I don’t think Oprah believed a word she was hearing from Megan. Harry is just a very spoiled privileged young man who, like his great uncle before him wants to have his cake and eat it too. I thought they presented as a pretty pathetic pair, selfish, weak and very very entitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I have never liked her even from before all this. She ruined Suits for me, had to fast forward every scene she was in.

As an actress she admitted this little trick

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/828182/meghan-markle-prince-harry-crying

She can make herself cry on cue in a matter of seconds so it is hard to feel if she is being genuine or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Piers can dish it out and call everyone a snowflake etc but once you hit a nerve he storms off his own show. That nerve being meghan wanted nothing to do with him ha. Video below

https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisrickett/status/1369177870191460353

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Wow 33 pages about some z list celebs yet the Davy scandal has 5.

You really have to wonder at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

BanditLuke wrote: »

This is lite entertainment, the Davy sham is part of the reality we live under that the powers that be move mountains to preserve. What would you have people do? I’m all ears.

BanditLuke wrote: »

I blame posters like you Luke, off to the Davy scandal with yourself.

I think Piers, with a bit of help from his colleagues, has just wriggled his way out of the crass "mental health" comment he made yesterday.

This feels like a theatrical set up to help Piers out of a mistake. He is taking a few knocks on the chin, but the narrative is being steered away from his comments yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I think Piers, with a bit of help from his colleagues, has just wriggled his way out of the crass "mental health" comment he made yesterday.

This feels like a theatrical set up to help Piers out of a mistake. He is taking a few knocks on the chin, but the narrative is being steered away from his comments yesterday.

The mental health charity mind spoke out against his comment regarding that. Damage control.

If so, he's a better actress than Meghan! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The funny thing is that Harry has a list of racist comments and actions himself, the Royale family are about 100 years out of date to cultural appropriateness. A comment like what color will the baby be could be a throw away comment made out of jest by the person. A comment Harry himself could have easily made.

Meaghan on the otherhand would have been cut to the core with a comment like that, everything bad ever happened to her was probably down to race.

It's a big mess but the Royale family is Harry's actual family, the queen is his grandmother, the prince is his father. Not being part of his family isn't sustainable and he's apparently a bit dim that did poorly in school, I'm not sure what else he can do but be a 'royale'.
    Quick question why do you keep typing royale?

Going into the ad-break , Piers and the Doctor and all round the table are so touchy /feely....to save Piers hide.

Piers in another life would call them snowflakes. They are saving his arse this morning. Just look at his face!

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    If so, he's a better actress than Meghan! ;)

He's a better actress than any woman that has ever lived!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Truth. Archie would become a Prince once Charles inherited the throne. Its an archaic order that goes back like 100 years. Beatrice and Eugenie have titles but don’t receive paid for protection. Surely this has been explained to her a thousand times? And Harry must also know this? Like it’s so easily refuted I can’t believe she actually said he wasn’t given a title due to being mixed race
    Beatrice and Eugenie had security until they were 18

He's a better actress than any woman that has ever lived!
    That's why he played Mrs. Doubtfire...
    Zero makeup required

gmisk wrote: »
    That's why he played Mrs. Doubtfire...
    Zero makeup required
    No. Pigeon Lady, surely?

piers-morgan-home-alone.jpg?width=982&height=726&auto=webp&quality=75

I'm just watching this myself. Amazed! A part of me is thinking it is just more theatre?

He was called out by "mind" the mental health charity yesterday. He also got called out by two black women about lecturing them about what racism constitutes.

Don't know what to make of this!
    Of course it is.
    Good for ratings and continues to push his profile even higher.
    He is an absolutely odious creature.
    Between the phone hacking and fake photos scandals alone he should have been persona non grata a long time ago.

No. Pigeon Lady, surely?

So versatile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

He should have known and read the room better...victim blaming a woman who is making racism charges with mental health issues involved.

Extremely precarious waters for Piers to be flapping about in.

Exactly. You could even say that just questioning her is racist and bigoted. As a straight white male of privilege, he should know not to question a WOC.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Exactly. You could even say that just questioning her is racist and bigoted. As a straight white male of privilege, he should know not to question a WOC.

He dismissed reports of suicidal thoughts on a t.v. channel that is running a mental health campaign!

He fcucked up yesterday, on more than that one issue, his colleagues are helping him out of that hole this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

No. Pigeon Lady, surely?

We really are not an attractive race of people, are we...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Anyone dragging a partner from his/her family and combined with the fact Markle is estranged from her father would be a massive red flag for most people. Bringing in the race and mental health card has blindsided alot of people.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah rookie move there to involve the Archbishop.

Either their official wedding ceremony was one big giant ceremonial waste of money since they were already married, or else they are lying about getting married a few days earlier "just the 3 of them". Either way they are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TomTomTim wrote: »

I think anyone who took even a quick glance at Morgan's history of talking about Meghan Markle on TV and his regular Daily Mail columns can see he goes way the f*ck beyond "questioning her".

Either their official wedding ceremony was one big giant ceremonial waste of money since they were already married, or else they are lying about getting married a few days earlier "just the 3 of them". Either way they are lying.

It's not an unusual thing to do and in this particularly case makes absolute sense. Pretty sure they were required to have some level of public ceremony. You're finding odd stuff to be outraged about.

This is lite entertainment, the Davy sham is part of the reality we live under that the powers that be move mountains to preserve. What would you have people do? I’m all ears.

Bread and circuses, mate.

We are in the declining years of Western supremacy. This type of stuff distracts the people from the real problems.

It's not an unusual thing to do and in this particularly case makes absolute sense. Pretty sure they were required to have some level of public ceremony. You're finding odd stuff to be outraged about.

I'm confused as to why they would lie about something which can easily be disproved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bubblypop wrote: »
    Well she probably should have married into any other family then.
    You join the Royal family, you know what you're getting into.

Yep ,it's like marrying in to the mob ,different kind of family

Advertisement