Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

This is lite entertainment, the Davy sham is part of the reality we live under that the powers that be move mountains to preserve. What would you have people do? I’m all ears.

They could discuss actual issues effecting us and not what z listers are doing. I guess it's a general sign of the dumbing down of society though and the issue is much bigger than just this site.

Penn wrote: »
    I think anyone who took even a quick glance at Morgan's history of talking about Meghan Markle on TV and his regular Daily Mail columns can see he goes way the f*ck beyond "questioning her".

Maybe we could use Meghan parlance and say he's "calling out" the hypocrisy and double standards. Which is reasonable. I can't think of any examples of where he's overstepped the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Xander10 wrote: »
    Future funeral engagements will be awkward. Presume they will stay away.

As they say there "will be a large Garda precence"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Do most people really care about about the rich self-absorbed that much I am amazed at the amount of coverage it gets? maybe it's covid and not having a lot else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Got half way through.. couldn't take any more..

Was a serious amount of rambling, sometimes about absolutely nothing. Obviously CBS etc wanted to make money with the airtime etc but even 1 hour would have been loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

mariaalice wrote: »
    Do most people really care about about the rich self-absorbed that much I am amazed at the amount of coverage it gets? maybe it's covid and not having a lot else going on.

I was too. Never followed the Royal family much or any interest. This story is abit interesting tho tbh the more I have read about it. Royal family member basically betraying the family seems big enough news

Ah was wondering how long it would be before the "no one is racist but" defence was used to justify the racism. That's quite enough of this thread for me, there's only so much ignorance I can tolerate in one night.

I don't think someone wondering if the child would be black is racist, just plain curiousity I reckon. Surely Harry would also be curious to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Maybe we could use Meghan parlance and say he's "calling out" the hypocrisy and double standards. Which is reasonable. I can't think of any examples of where he's overstepped the mark.

Piers Morgan disagrees with you. From less than a year ago
    Piers Morgan says he has probably 'taken things a bit too far' with his criticism of Meghan Markle after she and Prince Harry quit the Royal Family.

The Good Morning Britain presenter has previously accused her of having 'ditched' her own relatives and splitting Harry from the royals.

Speaking to The Sunday Times, however, he conceded that 'it's probably not wise, if you're a columnist, to make things too personal'.

Piers Morgan says he has probably 'taken things a bit too far' with his criticism of Meghan Markle after she and Prince Harry quit the Royal Family

Speaking to The Sunday Times on Harry and Meghan, however, Mr Morgan conceded that 'it's probably not wise, if you're a columnist, to make things too personal'

Commenting on his previous comments about the Duchess of Sussex, Mr Morgan said: 'Have I taken things a bit too far? Probably.

'Do I think that will govern and temper how I talk about them going forward?

'Absolutely.'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304081/Piers-Morgan-admits-probably-taken-things-bit-far-criticism-Meghan-Markle.html

Cut to present...
    British mental health charity Mind has said it is “disappointed and concerned” after Good Morning Britain anchor Piers Morgan argued he did not believe Meghan Markle when she said she had suicidal thoughts.

On his ITV show this morning, Morgan raged at Markle’s bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview, calling the conversation – which broadcasts in the UK on ITV tonight – “contemptible” and a betrayal of the royal family.

Markle revealed during the interview that the press intrusion on her life during her time in the UK was so acute that she “didn’t want to be alive anymore.” Reacting to her words, Morgan said: “I don’t believe a word she says, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe her if she read me a weather report.”

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

There has been over 40 pages on this ****e debating of one set of narcissists have upset another pair of narcissistics. Jesus wept

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I actually really like Harry and Meghan. I always felt very sorry for her and the treatment she was getting. Watched the interview last night and I don't see it as anything more than a rich family falling out over money and two breaking away.

I don't see why they shouldn't have their say? Given all that was said about them?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    , also Meghan is stunningly beautiful

This lockdown can have a fair bad effect on some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

It ll be interesting to see what Buckingham Palace does next. I see Harry and Megan as a pair of low IQ individuals with multiple issues of their own making. They've damaged the Royal family bit if they think they can go back to Netflix and Spotify and expect no retaliation. Oprah never asked one hard question.. like why did Megan have 1 family member at her wedding and why Harry has decided to drop this bomb about race when he's not prepared to point the finger directly. That's painting everyone as racist. It's all a fabrication. Now Joe Biden and all the Americans are out behind Megan..when there isn't an iota of proof around anything she's said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,602 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

beerguts wrote: »
    There has been over 40 pages on this ****e debating of one set of narcissists have upset another pair of narcissistics. Jesus wept

A portion of the thread has been made up of posters, like yourself, posting to say they have no idea why people are posting!

Why do you think people are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

So what I'm getting is the British rag media are allowed to say anything about Meghan as long as they go easy on other royals.
    Harry said the question was asked what colour would the kids be prior to them getting married. I'm guessing his father said this to him alone.
    It appears Meghan has led people to believe when pregnant this discussion happened regarding kids colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

beerguts wrote: »

Haha and you're the voice of reason calling it all out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Piers is an odd fellow, isn't he an Irish passport holder, and he has this obsession with the royals?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

From what i read, the problem seems to be Charles, William and Kate as they protecting the throne and its their rules or none.
    The queen seems heart broken over it. Harry was always the one to break away. William is more his father, while Harry is more his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

I actually really like Harry and Meghan. I always felt very sorry for her and the treatment she was getting. Watched the interview last night and I don't see it as anything more than a rich family falling out over money and two breaking away.

I don't see why they shouldn't have their say? Given all that was said about them?

Agreed.

I think the thrashy rags have done a number on them over the years. Hate-filled articles have fed the hungry rabble and the RF did nothing to protect either of them nor correct the lies. In the UK it's the brexit gammon loons who jump on this stuff, incandescent with rage. Led by Piers Morgan - what an odd wee man he is.

Anyone else think it funny how many people who say they do not care jump on threads like this one to tell us they don't care. Cracks me up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

My quick take on the whole thing, clash of cultures she is a Californian with the general work very hard and make your own way in life culture of the US, she is and was appalled by the foppish hangers-on disguised as tradition she encountered in Harry family.

So basically a clash of cultures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

I can't wait for the divorce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Little Mermaid bit made me laugh out loud !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not really the slightest bit interested but I have to say that them being referred to as Ginger & Whinger gave me a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,602 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

From what i read, the problem seems to be Charles, William and Kate as they protecting the throne and its their rules or none.
    The queen seems heart broken over it. Harry was always the one to break away. William is more his father, while Harry is more his mother.

What is this based on? Has she given a reaction or interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

So their PR worked a treat on you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In the year 2021 who give a rats about royal families ,such an out dated concept,

But at the same time you'd want to be a bit daft to marry into it and not understand what awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Leroy42 wrote: »
    What is this based on? Has she given a reaction or interview?

I think Prince Andrew was seen going to collect an order from Pizza Hut last night to try cheer her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Piers is an odd fellow, isn't he an Irish passport holder, and he has this obsession with the royals?
    Meghan had the audacity to stop returning his calls/texts and like any other sad obsessed egotist, he's using every platform he has to take revenge on her.

Very telling in the interview was that there was basically no mention of Philip at all except that Harry called the Queen when he heard.

When listing off the people he still loved and had a relationship with, Philip's name was left out of the list.

I reckon he's probably the main issue in most of this, he's been something of the Queen's attack dog for a long time, having conversations with staff that the Queen can't be seen to be having.

Comments asking what will they do if the baby comes out black are absolutely on-brand for Philip.

I would ordinarily not give a **** what's going on with the royals, but if the whole moronic farce is coming crashing down then I want a front-row seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Deeec

I watched all the interview last night.

- Race issues - Meg said the ' How dark will the baby be' conversation happened when she was pregnant. Harry said it happened before they were even married. If both have different versions of the event and when it happened how credible is it?
    She mentioned race over and over again during the interview. If the Royal family had an issue with her being mixed race they would not have supported the marriage or funded the lavish wedding. She admitted she was welcomed into the family.

- They walked away from their Royal roles and fair play to them for doing this. However they still expected to be financially supported, have paid security and for their children to have titles. So they want all the benefits both dont want anything to do with the family or perform any royal duties????? The title thing was bizarre - she seemed to think Archie doesnt have a title because he is mixed race which is completely wrong. He would never have had a title.

- Kate - she said she didnt make Kate cry but turned it completely around that Kate made her cry. Her facial expressions and mannerisms showed she was lying on this. . She said she didnt want to make Kate look bad but lets face it thats exactly what she did.

- Meg completely avoided talking about her own dysfunctional family. She dumped them too to progress her career.

- Media - The media were unfair to her but I dont think the Royal family could do anything about this. Lets face it their was plenty to write about with Meg. She is an american actress from a poor background and a divorcee. She is the Medias dream.
    Now she is using the Media for her own gain. They would have faired better if they just stayed quiet - the media would soon forgot about them.

Hopefully their new beautiful baby girl will be born in the summer. Of course its a given (IMO) they are going to call her Diana to engage the media once again ( and to annoy the inlaws of course)

I feel so sorry for Harry. He is like a lost Kitten. The family hopefully will welcome him back when it all goes wrong with Meg.

And they all lived happily ever after ......... Sadly I dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭forumdedum

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The Little Mermaid bit made me laugh out loud !!

Bimbo alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm confused as to why they would lie about something which can easily be disproved.

It's so easy to disprove? Go on then, prove it didn't happen.

Advertisement