Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Okay is the alleged report about Harry and Meghan willing to forgive the royal family true of just rubbish ? It’s like something out of the “ruining a wedding thread” in that you call your in laws racist at the reception and then seem baffled as to why they’ve got the hump. It has to be false because surely Harry and Meghan aren’t that naive. Also, why would you forgive someone who made such horrible remarks about your child in such a short space of time ? Regardless of who it is. So either they know the interview hasn’t worked or there was no racist comment as alleged and they are trying to stay on the royal families good side.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

How did Meghan know what tiaras the queen was custodian of when she didn't so much as Google the family and, by her own admission in the interview, no one explained anything to her?

Mystic Meg seems to have somehow intuitively known exactly what tiara she wanted.

That's a bit of a headscratcher isn't it? :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

How did Meghan know what tiaras the queen was custodian of when she didn't so much as Google the family and, by her own admission in the interview, no one explained anything to her?

Mystic Meg seems to have somehow intuitively known exactly what tiara she wanted.

Lol, was just going to say this. Not able to research her future husband and in laws but able to know in detail what valuable jewelry they possess.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay is the alleged report about Harry and Meghan willing to forgive the royal family true of just rubbish ? It’s like something out of the “ruining a wedding thread” in that you call your in laws racist at the reception and then seem baffled as to why they’ve got the hump. It has to be false because surely Harry and Meghan aren’t that naive. Also, why would you forgive someone who made such horrible remarks about your child in such a short space of time ? Regardless of who it is. So either they know the interview hasn’t worked or there was no racist comment as alleged and they are trying to stay on the royal families good side.

I've cut out family members for saying far more benign stuff. Something like racism and especially denigrating my son? You can bet I'll nurse that grudge cheerfully to my grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Neyite wrote: »
    I've cut out family members for saying far more benign stuff. Something like racism and especially denigrating my son? You can bet I'll nurse that grudge cheerfully to my grave.

And I'm sure be angry, indignant and upset if questioned about it. Not sit serenely in the garden of a mansion and calm agree with a faux shocked facial expression.

You'd gleefully name and shame, not hide behind the pretence of being worried about impact it would have on the offender's reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If it is true that the Queen has instructed the family to wear suits and not uniforms the funeral to spare Harry and Andrew’s feelings then that’s quite sad. Philip specifically asked for a military funeral, and now the remaining family members won’t be able to honour that because of the petulant two. They should be made to confront the consequences of their actions, and not have everyone pandering to their feelings. That’s probably why they’re both so entitled in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Itssoeasy wrote: »

It seems like a classic narcissistic move, they always assume they have been wronged just because they feel frustrated or angry about whatever situation their little dramas result in. Even if you are right, you were wrong to upset them so tactlessly and you clearly didn't take their feelings into account when you challenged them.

It's a real 'F U', they branded the family racists and negligent towards a 'suicidal' woman but being the better person they are willing to overlook the faults of others and allow them back into their good graces. How generous.

Being 'willing to forgive' plants in the minds of readers that they really have been wronged, even if it's just their perception rather than the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Why be unhappy though? Why not just accept logic and understand that your every demand can’t be catered to willy nilly? Why not just use a plastic one like others had to and not have Harry marching up and down like a spanner shouting at staff and demanding things? There’s also zero proof that William had an affair but you don’t mind thanking posts that suggest he did, because that suits your narrative. I find it bizarre how your posts and others like yours will consistently dismiss Meghan’s diva antics but if it was anyone else they would be crucified for it. Charlotte, a three year old child, can’t even poke her tongue out without being labelled difficult. Meghan did the same and she’s almost 40, what’s her excuse?

she wanted to try out the real thing to insure that it would be a fit for her, after all the real thing is what she would be wearing.
    she's entitled to be unhappy if she wants, it's no big deal, her being unhappy doesn't mean she doesn't except "logic" and understand her every demand can't be catered to, which she would already know, however with better planning this particular request, not a demand, probably could have been catered to but who knows or cares.
    i haven't saw any reliable proof harry was marching up and down like a spanner and shouting at staff, more then likely he was simply trying to see if there was a way in which her request could be catered to, again no big deal.
    no i have better things to do then crucifying people for non-issues and first world problems or even nonsense that wouldn't even reach the status of first world problems it's that irrelevant.
    some children can be a bit difficult, it's perfectly fine to state that, it's no big deal and they will grow out of it.

If it is true that the Queen has instructed the family to wear suits and not uniforms the funeral to spare Harry and Andrew’s feelings then that’s quite sad. Philip specifically asked for a military funeral, and now the remaining family members won’t be able to honour that because of the petulant two. They should be made to confront the consequences of their actions, and not have everyone pandering to their feelings. That’s probably why they’re both so entitled in the first place.

i doubt it's pandering, obviously the queen has her reasons for doing this if it is even true and i would imagine it is a good reason as the queen doesn't engage in pandering.
    it's not ideal but i trust there is a very good reason behind this.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

she wanted to try out the real thing to insure that it would be a fit for her, after all the real thing is what she would be wearing.
    she's entitled to be unhappy if she wants, it's no big deal, her being unhappy doesn't mean she doesn't except "logic" and understand her every demand can't be catered to, which she would already know, however with better planning this particular request, not a demand, probably could have been catered to but who knows or cares.
    i haven't saw any reliable proof harry was marching up and down like a spanner and shouting at staff, more then likely he was simply trying to see if there was a way in which her request could be catered to, again no big deal.
    no i have better things to do then crucifying people for non-issues and first world problems or even nonsense that wouldn't even reach the status of first world problems it's that irrelevant.
    some children can be a bit difficult, it's perfectly fine to state that, it's no big deal and they will grow out of it.

i doubt it's pandering, obviously the queen has her reasons for doing this if it is even true and i would imagine it is a good reason as the queen doesn't engage in pandering.

Well the funeral is about her husband and not her son and grandson who’d look out of place. I see that Sarah Ferguson missed the cut for the funeral. Meghan is thousands of miles away and heavily pregnant so you can understand it, but even in death Prince Phillip wants nothing to do with someone who presumably lives very close.

If she was “unhappy” at being told her requests could not, for whatever reason, be accommodated due to logistics and Palace procedure that everyone else before her has managed to adhere to and respect, then she is an entitled and overbearing madam who is not willing to listen or respect protocol. You can make excuse after excuse for her all day if you like, I will just continually reply and state the obvious. She seems incapable of acting like a normal person and expects people to bend to her every whim and desire while simultaneously saying she felt restricted and had nobody to show her the way. She was shown the way; she just didn’t want to listen. There is no evidence at all to say that Charlotte is difficult. If you’re going to say she’s difficult just because she poked out her tongue then what does that make Meghan, who stuck out her tongue on the way to church in Sandringham and at Charles’ birthday party? If Charlotte is still sticking her tongue out aged 40 then we’ll talk.

Meghan was completely unsuited to Royal life. Completely lacking in manners, class, respect for tradition and quiet confidence. It’s no wonder she lasted a wet week before scarpering.

• Advertisement

She did try on the tiara in the vault with the queen and her dresser when she chose one from the options available to her.

It sits on your head, they're not made to size like shoes or clothes. No one else had a real tiara for their hair trial, yet Harry insisted Meghan did.

It is pandering to a spoilt son and grandson if a dress code is dictated to suit them, against the wishes of the deceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Im confused , did Harry not serve in combat? was he pretending to be a solider? even a lad straight outa camp has a uniform he can wear. Is it that he is a civilian now?

Im confused , did Harry not serve in combat? was he pretending to be a solider? even a lad straight outa camp has a uniform he can wear. Is it that he is a civilian now?

He was stripped of everything and can no longer wear the uniform but can still wear the medals on a suit

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

If she was “unhappy” at being told her requests could not, for whatever reason, be accommodated due to logistics and Palace procedure that everyone else before her has managed to adhere to and respect, then she is an entitled and overbearing madam who is not willing to listen or respect protocol. You can make excuse after excuse for her all day if you like, I will just continually reply and state the obvious. She seems incapable of acting like a normal person and expects people to bend to her every whim and desire while simultaneously saying she felt restricted and had nobody to show her the way. She was shown the way; she just didn’t want to listen. There is no evidence at all to say that Charlotte is difficult. If you’re going to say she’s difficult just because she poked out her tongue then what does that make Meghan, who stuck out her tongue on the way to church in Sandringham and at Charles’ birthday party? If Charlotte is still sticking her tongue out aged 40 then we’ll talk.

Meghan was completely unsuited to Royal life. Completely lacking in manners, class, respect for tradition and quiet confidence. It’s no wonder she lasted a wet week before scarpering.

she's not no, as she is entitled to be unhappy and being unhappy at something doesn't automatically make someone something apart from being unhappy.
    i said some children can be difficult, i never mentioned any specific child, however it is still fact that some children can be a hand full. but it's no biggy as they generally grow out of it.
    meghan was perfectly suited to royal life, young fresh and new blood for a modern era who would and could engage with the young generations, same with harry, fresh blood.
    nothing wrong with having no respect for certain tradition, sometimes tradition is either wrong or out of place ETC and that is fine, i certainly don't expect people to respect anything and everything in relation to a tradition or even the tradition itself if they genuinely disagree with it.
    both her and harry couldn't cope with the burdn of royal life, that is understandable and i don't blame them one bit for stepping down, they needed to do what was best for them and their family unit.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

He was stripped of everything and can no longer wear the uniform but can still wear the medals on a suit

A lot of their ranks are ceremonial and given to senior royals.

Harry lost his when he walked and Andrew when he forced to step down after his own disastrous interview.

Now no one can wear them to save their blushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

jesus that is harsh, lad goes off to fight the taliban, and they kick him out of the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭NSAman

jesus that is harsh, lad goes off to fight the taliban, and they kick him out of the army.

Harsh alright, but I think he can cry into his $100+million contracts that he has lined up for himself and herself.

Why would Meghan care about a tiara when they got married 3 days before the actual wedding? This "thing" was for the world, but their marriage was "just between them".

He had retired from the Army so could retain his medals but not wear the dress uniform of Captain - the rank he retired on.

Much like you'd see veterans during remembrance wearing their medals with a suit, he's got the same entitlement. Same for Andrew as he's also retired.

The uniform Harry wore for his wedding and at Royal occasions were honorary ranks given to him as a working royal by the Queen- same as Andrew.

It's not personal, just standard procedure.

she's not no, as she is entitled to be unhappy and being unhappy at something doesn't automatically make someone something apart from being unhappy.
    i said some children can be difficult, i never mentioned any specific child, however it is still fact that some children can be a hand full. but it's no biggy as they generally grow out of it.
    meghan was perfectly suited to royal life, young fresh and new blood for a modern era who would and could engage with the young generations, same with harry, fresh blood.
    nothing wrong with having no respect for certain tradition, sometimes tradition is either wrong or out of place ETC and that is fine, i certainly don't expect people to respect anything and everything in relation to a tradition or even the tradition itself if they genuinely disagree with it.
    both her and harry couldn't cope with the burdn of royal life, that is understandable and i don't blame them one bit for stepping down, they needed to do what was best for them and their family unit.

Entitled? To be unhappy after not having instant access to the Crown Jewels, after being told over and over why this is the case. Petulant and spoilt are two words that comes to mind. But yes entitled too, you’re right there.
    But wait what’s that, oh that’s 3 year old Charlotte sticking her tongue out again! Let’s focus on that instead of the obvious elephant in the room which is bridezilla extraordinaire, throwing tantrums of her own over tights and tiaras. Maybe TLC will do a special in her honour. And please don’t bother replying with “there no proof that she was a bridezilla because maybe she was just upset and that’s okay but that does not make her difficult because being unhappy at something does not make her a bridezilla so no she was not a bridezilla because there is no proof she was a bridezilla” because it’s pointless unless your aim is to wear me down by pure repetition.

• Advertisement

He's in a new theocracy now in California, the religion of wokeness, under the reign of Dear Leader Megs.

He's in a new theocracy now in California, the religion of wokeness, under the reign of Dear Leader Megs.

Champions of the downtrodden and all who wish to wear tiaras at the hairdresser's.

He had honorary titles and can no longer dress up in a manner befitting the rank bestowed on him by the queen. I'm sure if he had actually gone up the ranks like a normal person and earned it then he couldn't be stripped of them in the first place. But still couldn't wear a uniform if not actually in the army anymore

Apparently they will walk in order of seniority for the procession and not in line of succession. So Harry and William will not be walking side by side and will have Peter Phillips in between them.

Apparently they will walk in order of seniority for the procession and not in line of succession. So Harry and William will not be walking side by side and will have Peter Phillips in between them.

I wonder who is refusing to walk beside who? Bunch of babies

So kind of like alphabetical order in old TV shows then ? Probably a way to stop people getting the hump and from people watching to make assumptions. To me if anyone make a show of themselves on Saturday, then they deserve the ridicule for making something not about them, about them.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I wonder who is refusing to walk beside who? Bunch of babies

Maybe neither are and this is what their grandmother decided and they’d be eijits to cause a fuss so doing what is asked of them. I mean Edward has to walk with Andrew. I mean spare a thought for him. Although Peter Phillips has got an awkward day because what exactly is he going to talk to either of them about that isn’t about their grandfather ? Can’t really ask either “watched anything good on TV recently ?” because of that TV interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

If that's the case, Peter Phillips is the eldest grandson! I also read that Harry and Andrew wanted to wear military uniforms so the Queen said no uniforms for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Laurenf35

I just watched the Oprah interview
    Firstly Oprah is a scumbag. Agreed
    MeGhan is not a scumbag
    Why are some peogle so jealous of her ?
    Leave her alone ffs

• Advertisement

If that's the case, Peter Phillips is the eldest grandson! I also read that Harry and Andrew wanted to wear military uniforms so the Queen said no uniforms for anyone!

Yeah the seniority line kind of goes arse ways after the first two groups. There’s a graphic on sky news that has the groups and it’s groups of twos including the princess Margaret’s son and there’s Peter Phillips stuck in the middle of the two buckos. It looks awkward even in graphic form like Peter Phillips is like a spar at a wedding.

Advertisement