Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah the seniority line kind of goes arse ways after the first two groups. There’s a graphic on sky news that has the groups and it’s groups of twos including the princess Margaret’s son and there’s Peter Phillips stuck in the middle of the two buckos. It looks awkward even in graphic form like Peter Phillips is like a spar at a wedding.

Poor Peter, having to keep the peace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

A lot of their ranks are ceremonial and given to senior royals.

Harry lost his when he walked and Andrew when he forced to step down after his own disastrous interview.

Now no one can wear them to save their blushes.

more likely it's nobody can wear them so as to keep all attention on the funeral itself rather then having certain news papers focusing on particular individuals.
    sure those certain news papers may make a big deal over nobody wearing them but nobody wearing them is probably less of a deal then harry and andrew simply not and would be a story that wouldn't be able to run as long most likely.
    Entitled? To be unhappy after not having instant access to the Crown Jewels, after being told over and over why this is the case. Petulant and spoilt are two words that comes to mind. But yes entitled too, you’re right there.
    But wait what’s that, oh that’s 3 year old Charlotte sticking her tongue out again! Let’s focus on that instead of the obvious elephant in the room which is bridezilla extraordinaire, throwing tantrums of her own over tights and tiaras. Maybe TLC will do a special in her honour. And please don’t bother replying with “there no proof that she was a bridezilla because maybe she was just upset and that’s okay but that does not make her difficult because being unhappy at something does not make her a bridezilla so no she was not a bridezilla because there is no proof she was a bridezilla” because it’s pointless unless your aim is to wear me down by pure repetition.

so far everything shows that she was simply unhappy over it but nothing further, no tantrums or nothing else and she moved on from it.
    no biggy either way.
    it was someone else who originally brought up the child and it was you who kept focusing on it when the poster who originally brought it up had explained what they meant.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t even know the guy personally but I feel bad for him. I know he probably wouldn’t have done it given it’s a funeral but he should have refused and said he’d walk with his step dad and leave the two lads be awkward. I mean Harry is a major part of the issue. He said his brother is trapped and implied his brother may have made racial comments about his unborn son. I mean can’t really blame William.

i'm sure he will be fine, it's unlikely there will be any issues between william and harry at the funeral at least.
    perhapse after who knows but it will be for them to sort out.

i'm sure he will be fine, it's unlikely there will be any issues between william and harry at the funeral at least.

You’d bloody hope so.

• Advertisement

If there wasn't, why keep them separated?! I know they aren't going to start a fist fight or anything but there must be a lot of ill feeling between them to say that they can't put it aside for a funeral and walk next to each other!

If there wasn't, why keep them separated?! I know they aren't going to start a fist fight or anything but there must be a lot of ill feeling between them to say that they can't put it aside for a funeral and walk next to each other!

it's more likely that the queen is just taking precautions, as an absolute just in case, even though they won't do anything.
    the ill feeling doesn't seem to be such that they can't put it aside for the funeral but the funeral must be focused on at any and all costs meaning anything and everything would have to be done to insure that which is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd imagine it's to stop the body language analysis and that being the focus of headlines. I haven't seen the graphics of how it will look, but would it stop dirty looks between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'd imagine it's to stop the body language analysis and that being the focus of headlines. I haven't seen the graphics of how it will look, but would it stop dirty looks between them?

There’s pics here showing how it will look

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9476263/amp/Queen-orders-Harry-William-walk-apart-Prince-Philips-coffin.html

skynews-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh_5343443.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20210415190345

Here’s the graphic and how ****e does that look ?

• Advertisement

Very odd to have poor Peter lobbed in the middle like that, and obvious!

I don’t even know the guy personally but I feel bad for him. I know he probably wouldn’t have done it given it’s a funeral but he should have refused and said he’d walk with his step dad and leave the two lads be awkward. I mean Harry is a major part of the issue. He said his brother is trapped and implied his brother may have made racial comments about his unborn son. I mean can’t really blame William.

I imagine it's the Queen's decision on the layout so I can imagine he wouldn't say no to her!

Thought I'd wade in and say hi.

Hi.

The position of the pallbearers has significant bearing on the oscillation of distant planets.

I imagine it's the Queen's decision on the layout so I can imagine he wouldn't say no to her!

I understand that but I can imagine he might have words with the lads after the funeral for making him look like a spar. Stick Zara in between them and they’d be quiet boys.

Thought I'd wade in and say hi.

Hi.

The position of the pallbearers has significant bearing on the oscillation of distant planets.

They're not pallbearers though! :D

I understand that but I can imagine he might have words with the lads after the funeral for making him look like a spar. Stick Zara in between them and they’d be quiet boys.

Can't imagine Harry will be spending too much time in the UK after the funeral. And put princess Anne in there too. She'll definitely sort them out!

They're not pallbearers though! :D

The wax figures in Madame Tussaud's were out to lunch.

The wax figures in Madame Tussaud's were out to lunch.

You'll give them ideas with that kind of talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I wonder how soon after the funeral will Harry leg it back to LA?

To thine own self be true

I wonder how soon after the funeral will Harry leg it back to LA?

Fairly sharpish I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Looking at that graphic, I'd say Harry and William will walk either side of the landrover, in line with the back of the coffin, Peter Philips will walk behind, and the other two tuck in and walk behind in line with the wheels ...

Laurenf35 wrote: »
    I just watched the Oprah interview
    Firstly Oprah is a scumbag. Agreed
    MeGhan is not a scumbag
    Why are some peogle so jealous of her ?
    Leave her alone ffs

Why is Oprah a scumbag and Meghan is not scumbag? Just wondering what are the criteria being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Why is Oprah a scumbag and Meghan is not scumbag? Just wondering what are the criteria being used.

Exactly. Oprah's lines were very much being fed to her by Meghan.

I doubt if many people are jealous of her either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I think the reaction of oh poor Markle is probably a default reaction to see that interview with no context/background info.
    I felt sorry for her and was kind of on her side. Until I was told about the actual facts. Then I quickly realised what an out and out manipulative hero/victim wannabe she is. I feel quite sorry for Harry in a way.

Absolutely. While a lot of people would love to live in a mansion in a sunny climate, I feel sorry for her because her happiness is ultimately based on external forces - attention, media exposure, "glamour". These types of things are very transient and illusory. She also seems to have someone in her sights always. Now the RF has been cast out of her world, I worry about poor old Harry, he will be undermined, manipulated and henpecked to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Unless you're a fame-hungry, money-obsessed Kartrashian wannabe...

Absolutely. While a lot of people would love to live in a mansion in a sunny climate, I feel sorry for her because her happiness is ultimately based on external forces - attention, media exposure, "glamour". These types of things are very transient and illusory. She also seems to have someone in her sights always. Now the RF has been cast out of her world, I worry about poor old Harry, he will be undermined, manipulated and henpecked to death.

I doubt she will ever be truly happy. Always on the lookout for the next step up.

I just roll my eyes at the jEaLOuS h8R accusations. It’s pathetic. Not all criticism stems from jealousy. Her house and her money would be nice but those are all external to her, she has nothing inside that I am envious of. She seems to be completely eaten up by bitterness, paranoia and jealousy herself. I would actually hate to be her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I just roll my eyes at the jEaLOuS h8R accusations. It’s pathetic. Not all criticism stems from jealousy. Her house and her money would be nice but those are all external to her, she has nothing inside that I am envious of. She seems to be completely eaten up by bitterness, paranoia and jealousy herself. I would actually hate to be her.

Is it not ironic that Meg herself is a jealous hater of the RF (seems Kate in particular)?

Advertisement