Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I wonder if she'll post any pictures of her paying tribute to Philip today?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder if she'll post any pictures of her paying tribute to Philip today?

Knowing the temerity and arrogance of her, quite possibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

walshb wrote: »
    Knowing the temerity and arrogance of her, quite possibly!

I'm surprised she isn't clawing at the door to be let in.

I saw that her buddies Gayle and Omid are commentating on the funeral on American TV channels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

If she watched any of the funeral today and she has any self awareness at all, it should be starting to dawn on her that any ideas she had of shaking up British Royal Family Inc. were the stuff of dreams and nothing more.
    Her husband walking along so chummy with his brother and SIL may or may not have been a welcome sight.

• Advertisement

Ckendrick wrote: »
    If she watched any of the funeral today and she has any self awareness at all, it should be starting to dawn on her that any ideas she had of shaking up British Royal Family Inc. were the stuff of dreams and nothing more.
    Her husband walking along so chummy with his brother and SIL may or may not have been a welcome sight.

I wouldn’t read too much into some images of Harry and William today

For all we know it could have been something like: “get the fook back to the U.S. as soon as this is over, pal!”

For all we know it could have been something like: “get the fook back to the U.S. as soon as this is over, pal!”

They might have began to patch things up, or they might have been told to put on a show for the cameras.

It would be great to see what went on in private!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it seems there was no drama between the two lads today and I think I saw some conversation between Harry and Kate which was unexpected. Nothing groundbreaking at the end there was something less frosty. I don’t know if anyone else in the family said anything to him but at one person did. The three of them back together which used to be the way.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So it seems there was no drama between the two lads today and I think I saw some conversation between Harry and Kate which was unexpected. Nothing groundbreaking at the end there was something less frosty. I don’t know if anyone else in the family said anything to him but at one person did. The three of them back together which used to be the way.

To the bitter disappointment of some.

To the bitter disappointment of some.

What drama would people have expected?

They’re hardly going to slinging insults at each other and throwing punches..

It’s a funeral. A very grand funeral for a very important state figure..

• Advertisement

What drama would people have expected?

They’re hardly going to slinging insults at each other and throwing punches..

It’s a funeral. A very grand funeral for a very important state figure..

No but I think some were hoping for some sign that maybe they could at least talk which they did. And being stoic and not showing emotion is kind of the British royal family’s thing but I taught I saw Charles struggling to hold it together.

No but I think some were hoping for some sign that maybe they could at least talk which they did. And being stoic and not showing emotion is kind of the British royal family’s thing but I taught I saw Charles struggling to hold it together.
    Charles and Anne looked very close to tears at times I thought, Charles in particular.

It must be difficult trying to hold it together with cameras everywhere.

Okey doke. Got you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Charles and Anne looked very close to tears at times I thought, Charles in particular.

It must be difficult trying to hold it together with cameras everywhere.

It's always difficult to hold it together at any funeral for family whether it's a literal camera there or a philosophical lens. Funerals by nature are voyeuristic I've always felt. It should be a deeply personal thing, not something where a show has to be put on.

My husband is sniggering away at himself here. He thinks Kate was snarling “you’re some c**t showing up here a year later one arm as long as the other not even as much as a packet of chocolate buttons for the kids....”

My husband is sniggering away at himself here. He thinks Kate was snarling “you’re some c**t showing up here a year later one arm as long as the other not even as much as a packet of chocolate buttons for the kids....”

Brilliant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It's probably better they all had facemasks on otherwise the lipreading interpreters would be in overdrive!

To thine own self be true

It's probably better they all had facemasks on otherwise the lipreading interpreters would be in overdrive!

There's body language experts going into overdrive tonight!!

And William is like "and don't get me started on your one, who does she think she is?"

Voilà!!

• Advertisement

Voilà!!

Like flies to ****. I don’t normally read the gossip about anyone really but curiosity got the better of me after that link for the streaker and I read some of the headlines and sweet Jesus some people at these publications have either too much time on their hands or amazingly vivid imaginations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

"Harry, if you can hear me, are they feeding you? Blink twice if you need an emergency exit. We can find a safe place for you, a new identity and social security number.”

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    "Harry, if you can hear me, are they feeding you? Blink twice if you need an emergency exit. We can find a safe place for you, a new identity and social security number.”

"Harry, if you want out of the vegan situation, blink twice. There's a venison steak waiting for you back at the palace if you need out."

Of course today was also the first time Harry would have come face to face with the Archbishop since the "garden wedding" bombshell was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I still can't get my head around why this Meghan (and Harry) did this interview. I'm not saying this very often, but she is a real bi***, there's no other explanation. And Harry is completely brainwashed by her (probably the curse for this poor man, growing up in manipulation, now going from one manipulator to the next)

The interview is bad in itself, but additionally they knew Prince Philip could be gone every day. Why the need to spout out this stuff at this time.

I actually always thought, especially seeing her at the wedding, she is not in it for the long run. She always had this expression on her face, always smiley but I couldn't help but see this slightly amused and false expression, like she's thinking all the time: what's going on here, this can't be for real, you guys are nuts...

I predict she's with him for another max. 5 years, than she'll dump him. She's on the safe side with the kids, always connected to him and the british royality, means a lifetime playing with the media and being in the limelight (if she wants to, having her safe haven in the US). She'll make his life hell. And he will be crawling back to his old life in the UK. Big tragedy easy to predict.
    Sorry if it might offend some people, but she's a horrible woman, That's my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hopefully Harry and the others can build some bridges while he's back home.
    A death in the family can really put things in perspective.

Hopefully Harry and the others can build some bridges while he's back home.
    A death in the family can really put things in perspective.

Looks like he’s hurrying back to his pregnant wife and their child (understandable) as soon as today or possibly tomorrow, but the Daily Fail suggests the possibility of a “walk” with Charles later.

I can’t see any other healing unless Harry outright tells Charles and William that what he did was wrong, shameful and very immature and silly and petty and pointless; and that he can’t justify any of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I can’t see any other healing unless Harry outright tells Charles and William that what he did was wrong, shameful and very immature and silly and petty and pointless; and that he can’t justify any of it..

But he can't do that because she'll go mad if he does.

I had some sympathy for her for the first while, because there was racist comment about her in the press, but a lot of the recent stuff, culminating in the interview which was awful, has made it look to me like she's a manipulative nightmare. I'm not sure how much better Harry is, seeing he lectures other people about racism but hasn't had anything to say about his own behaviour, but I don't see this ending well for him, whereas I think Meghan will have gained what she wants out of the marriage: long term fame, instead of being a one hit wonder with Suits.

• Advertisement

He will only do that, I think if their marriage doesn't last and wants to get back into their good books.

Advertisement