Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He will only do that, I think if their marriage doesn't last and wants to get back into their good books.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If the Royals really are just like every other family?
    There may well have been a drunken punch up between the men of the family by the end of the evening ;)

Tradition is important, and odd as it may seem...
    The post fight armistice and detente usually lead to much defused family tensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

tara73 wrote: »
    I actually always thought, especially seeing her at the wedding, she is not in it for the long run. She always had this expression on her face, always smiley but I couldn't help but see this slightly amused and false expression, like she's thinking all the time: what's going on here, this can't be for real, you guys are nuts...

Yes, this! I actually thought it was great at the beginning, she was a breath of fresh air, blah blah blah and then I watched the wedding and it struck me how her expression was so different to his. He looked genuinely, overwhelmingly in love, she looked like she was acting. Poor Harry is in for a hell of a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Seeing the Queen sitting alone like that at the funeral, you’d want to be made of stone not to feel some guilt or shame for launching this tirade and shilt storm in Philip’s final few weeks. I hope it has at least given Harry some perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

bunny_mac wrote: »
    Yes, this! I actually thought it was great at the beginning, she was a breath of fresh air, blah blah blah and then I watched the wedding and it struck me how her expression was so different to his. He looked genuinely, overwhelmingly in love, she looked like she was acting. Poor Harry is in for a hell of a time.

yes, was her big soap, that's what I gathered too. I really pity Harry, as I think he's a great guy with a great character and one can only wish this (royal) kids the best with all they went through in their life. he probably was so sick of standing alone next to William and Kate all the time, headlines in the media about his girlfriends and whether that will be the right one this time.

He deperately wanted somebody by his side, fell in love with her blind for all red flags. If they were visible, I can imagine she was very good in hiding her plans..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

walshb wrote: »
    I can’t see any other healing unless Harry outright tells Charles and William that what he did was wrong, shameful and very immature and silly and petty and pointless; and that he can’t justify any of it..

accept it wasn't, hence he's hardly going to say that if he doesn't believe it now is he.
    the fact is this interview came out of the fact the both of them had to put up with absolute nonsense from the press with no actual way to deal with it, and ignoring it wasn't an option any longer as it was getting worse and worse and more spiteful.

tara73 wrote: »
    yes, was her big soap, that's what I gathered too. I really pity Harry, as I think he's a great guy with a great character and one can only wish this (royal) kids the best with all they went through in their life. he probably was so sick of standing alone next to William and Kate all the time, headlines in the media about his girlfriends and whether that will be the right one this time.

He deperately wanted somebody by his side, fell in love with her blind for all red flags. If they were visible, I can imagine she was very good in hiding her plans..

or maybe the red flags are just created in one's mind because they want her to be this whatever because they are annoyed at the fact harry is no longer a senior member of the rf, at his own choice, but people are unable to accept that choice and believe meghan somehow forced him to step down or "took him away" being the favoured term used.
    people need to accept that a member of a foreign royal family decided they had enough of the nonsense and emigrated with his wife and child to america.
    maybe the marriage won't work out but that can unfortunately be another fact of real life, plenty of marriages don't work out for whatever reason.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

He will only do that, I think if their marriage doesn't last and wants to get back into their good books.

OK so next year it is. She has more control over him than Jenny on Farcy. Now thats saying something.

accept it wasn't, hence he's hardly going to say that if he doesn't believe it now is he.
    the fact is this interview came out of the fact the both of them had to put up with absolute nonsense from the press with no actual way to deal with it, and ignoring it wasn't an option any longer as it was getting worse

Ok, who mentioned anything about their attack on the media?

I was more talking about their shameless and immature and trashy attack on their actual family..

You know, throwing racism claim, suicide claim, utter nonsense crygate claim, and the whole William and Charles being trapped gutter talk..

And I never said he will apologise for all this and admit how low it was. I simply said if he expects healing, it’s likely what he would need to do.

Ok, who mentioned anything about their attack on the media?

I was more talking about their shameless and immature and trashy attack on their actual family..

You know, throwing racism claim, suicide claim, utter nonsense crygate claim, and the whole William and Charles being trapped gutter talk..

And I never said he will apologise for all this and admit how low it was. I simply said if he expects healing, it’s likely what he would need to do.

suicide claim? you mean her statement that she felt suicidal which it seems some want to be untrue so as to fit a narrative?
    some would say that the suggestion william and charles are to an extent trapped is a fair one, as it would not be as easy for them to walk away, never mind be tolerated by certain news papers, if they did decide to walk.
    others including me would say well actually it seems that both want to be king at some stage, but in saying that, i would expect that harry, having the day to day experience with both of them, might actually know better then me who is just a complete outsider.

suicide claim? you mean her statement that she felt suicidal which it seems some want to be untrue so as to fit a narrative.

I don’t care if true or not.

I simply don’t believe it for a second!!

Nothing to do with any want.

• Advertisement

the fact is this interview came out of the fact the both of them had to put up with absolute nonsense from the press with no actual way to deal with it, and ignoring it wasn't an option any longer as it was getting worse and worse and more spiteful.

people need to accept that a member of a foreign royal family decided they had enough of the nonsense and emigrated with his wife and child to america.
    maybe the marriage won't work out but that can unfortunately be another fact of real life, plenty of marriages don't work out for whatever reason.

Ignoring it was an option, it remains the best option. I can't for the life of me understand why a grown woman would get so upset over ridiculous stupid headlines in gutter press. It's not a great characteristic.

As for them leaving? Can't blame them at all, I doubt anyone would blame them wanting their own life away from the royal family. But that's what they should have done, walked away from the public life of senior royals and enjoy their life, instead they decided to put the boot into the royal family, for what I'm not sure but it appears to be their issue with the media, that they blame the royal family for that.
    No need for an interview, a statement released was enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The suicide claim and the royal engagement, both of them unable to pick up a phone to call a doctor and the nasty suits at the palace refusing to help.

It just doesn't add up.

The media are scum. They’re destroying our lives..

Hmm...

How will we deal with this?

Ignore and don’t give them a thing? That could work..

No, let’s slate and slag my family. They can’t really defend against it anyway..

And here: Let’s use the “media” to do it. To make us out as poor victims.

Utter lowlife behaviour!!

The suicide claim and the royal engagement, both of them unable to pick up a phone to call a doctor and the nasty suits at the palace refusing to help.

It just doesn't add up.

There’s something about that story where they went to that event the day after telling Harry she was suicidal that doesn’t seem right. It feels a bit like a preemptive strike. Was something about to come out about why she was there when she wasn’t invited and she decided this is the story she was going to go with? The whole interview felt like a preemptive strike actually, covering all their bases should anything unsavoury come out about their behaviour in the not so distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

suicide claim? you mean her statement that she felt suicidal which it seems some want to be untrue so as to fit a narrative?
    some would say that the suggestion william and charles are to an extent trapped is a fair one, as it would not be as easy for them to walk away, never mind be tolerated by certain news papers, if they did decide to walk.
    others including me would say well actually it seems that both want to be king at some stage, but in saying that, i would expect that harry, having the day to day experience with both of them, might actually know better then me who is just a complete outsider.

On the suicidal thing and more specifically, being unable to get help, it seems hard to square with all the countries she travelled to before and after the baby, and her heading off to a baby shower at her friends' in New York at 7 months. Hard to see how she couldn't have got her passport and/or medical help at some point there.

That's why I don't really believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

The media are scum. They’re destroying our lives..

Hmm...

How will we deal with this?

Ignore and don’t give them a thing? That could work..

No, let’s slate and slag my family. They can’t really defend against it anyway..

And here: Let’s use the “media” to do it. To make us out as poor victims.

Utter lowlife behaviour!!

Meghan was advised by a member of the RF to maybe lie low for a while when she had not been out of the house 3 or 4 times in 3 months.

How you can excuse the behaviour of the British red tops and expect her to put up with their racist and biggoted behaviour is beyond my comprehension. Of course her taking them to court and winning her case seems to have escaped your notice. Somehow, its all Meghan's fault.

volchitsa wrote: »
    On the suicidal thing and more specifically, being unable to get help, it seems hard to square with all the countries she travelled to before and after the baby, and her heading off to a baby shower at her friends' in New York at 7 months. Hard to see how she couldn't have got her passport and/or medical help at some point there.

When she was out of the country, she wasn't under the scrutiny of the British racist press. Going to New York was getting away from it to be with real friends.

jm08 wrote: »
    When she was out of the country, she wasn't under the scrutiny of the British racist press. Going to New York was getting away from it to be with real friends.

I'm not denying that. I'm saying that her claim that she wasn't able to get her passport and wasn't allowed to get help for her suicidal feelings doesn't match up with her actions at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

How you can excuse the behaviour of the British red tops and expect her to put up with their racist and biggoted behaviour is beyond my comprehension.

The abuse Kate Middleton (and her family) got from the British media was ten times worse than what Meghan ever got. That's not excusing anything, the red tops are absolute scum. Neither woman should have gotten any of the abuse they did. But it, sadly, goes with the territory. It happened to Fergie and Diana too. For MM to claim she had no idea what she was getting into was utter bull.

I'm not denying that. I'm saying that her claim that she wasn't able to get her passport and wasn't allowed to get help for her suicidal feelings doesn't match up with her actions at that time.

She didn't say that though. Can you provide a link as to where she did please?

• Advertisement

bunny_mac wrote: »
    The abuse Kate Middleton (and her family) got from the British media was ten times worse than what Meghan ever got. That's not excusing anything, the red tops are absolute scum. Neither woman should have gotten any of the abuse they did. But it, sadly, goes with the territory. It happened to Fergie and Diana too. For MM to claim she had no idea what she was getting into was utter bull.

The difference is the Middleton's are multi millionaires. Kate's sister was able to use her 'fame' with writing newspaper columns (and I think she also wrote some sort of a book).

The RF protected Kate though. (For example, they sued the press over photos of her taken when she was topless sunbathing in private). I think the 'waity Katie' was about the worst she was called.

It happened to Fergie and Diana, but they didn't have to deal with the racism aspect. Anyway, just because the British press treat everyone like this, does not make it right. I think what Meghan said was that she didn't expect it to be so vicious and so relentless. She couldn't do anything right even when she stayed out of sight.

I don’t care if true or not.

I simply don’t believe it for a second!!

Nothing to do with any want.

i'm afraid i don't believe you going on your posts.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Ignoring it was an option, it remains the best option. I can't for the life of me understand why a grown woman would get so upset over ridiculous stupid headlines in gutter press. It's not a great characteristic.

As for them leaving? Can't blame them at all, I doubt anyone would blame them wanting their own life away from the royal family. But that's what they should have done, walked away from the public life of senior royals and enjoy their life, instead they decided to put the boot into the royal family, for what I'm not sure but it appears to be their issue with the media, that they blame the royal family for that.
    No need for an interview, a statement released was enough.

no bubbly, it was long passed the stage where simply ignoring it was an option.
    the headlines had gone beyond simply being stupid and ridiculous, into being spiteful and vitriolic, why shouldn't someone get upset over such?

It just doesn't add up.

sometimes, in fact more often then one would believe, people don't do the most obvious thing that they should do in a situation.
    so therefore the claim can certainly add up.

sometimes in life things can happen that prevent the most obvious thing that should happen from happening, therefore it is certainly possible for whatever reason she wasn't able to access the help she needed as easy as she should have been able to do so.
    that's why the disbelief over her claim like all of the other claims, come across as being a created narative that people want to believe, with anything changed to fit.
    none of us were there and what is being used to back up the disbelief isn't reliable due to the fact that the world doesn't always work as it should realistically.

She had to hand over her passport and keys. She didn't see them again until she left the RF. That meant she couldn't go anywhere without their agreeing to it. They even give in the first article the 'reason' why they take them. Thats what the police do to criminals so that they can't abscond.

It doesn’t matter a damn

She can’t prove that she is being truthful and I can’t prove that she’s not..

It’s her claim. That’s all it is..

I simply don’t believe it.

no bubbly, it was long passed the stage where simply ignoring it was an option.
    the headlines had gone beyond simply being stupid and ridiculous, into being spiteful and vitriolic, why shouldn't someone get upset over such?

sometimes, in fact more often then one would believe, people don't do the most obvious thing that they should do in a situation.
    so therefore the claim can certainly add up.

sometimes in life things can happen that prevent the most obvious thing that should happen from happening, therefore it is certainly possible for whatever reason she wasn't able to access the help she needed as easy as she should have been able to do so.
    that's why the disbelief over her claim like all of the other claims, come across as being a created narative that people want to believe, with anything changed to fit.
    none of us were there and what is being used to back up the disbelief isn't reliable due to the fact that the world doesn't always work as it should realistically.

All that this says is that you're determined to believe it nomatter what evidence there is to the contrary. And you're entitled to do that, just as I'm entitled to point out the inconsistencies in her version of events.

There's also the fact that I think the royal family would not be so stupid as to make many of the same mistakes they made about Diana back in the day all over again. They're very aware now of bad media coverage, and there's no way they'd have risked her having an actual breakdown if that seemed at all likely because it would look so bad for them. But I do believe it's very likely that that's the image that Meghan - and possibly Harry - have in their minds.

She had to hand over her passport and keys. She didn't see them again until she left the RF. That meant she couldn't go anywhere without their agreeing to it. They even give in the first article the 'reason' why they take them. Thats what the police do to criminals so that they can't abscond.

Here you forgot this: "She says".

The fact that someone else might keep her passport for her when she's not travelling doesn't mean she has no access to it, and even if it did, there were plenty of times when she travelled abroad as a private citizen, so must have had her passport then. When she went to her friends in NY, she could easily have gone to a doctor then, if she was being prevented form seeing one in the UK.

And TBH I don't believe she was prevented, that sounds more like a fairy story a child would make up "the poor little princess that nobody loved".

Here you forgot this: "She says".

The fact that someone else might keep her passport for her when she's not travelling doesn't mean she has no access to it, and even if it did, there were plenty of times when she travelled abroad as a private citizen, so must have had her passport then. When she went to her friends in NY, she could easily have gone to a doctor then, if she was being prevented form seeing one in the UK.

And TBH I don't believe she was prevented, that sounds more like a fairy story a child would make up "the poor little princess that nobody loved".

Imagine, a 38 year old woman isn't capable of minding her own passport and car keys, despite having full time protection.

The first and only thing any doctor would have told her to do is 'get out of there fast'. I presume that is why the RF didn't want her to get help.

Imagine, a 38 year old woman isn't capable of minding her own passport and car keys, despite having full time protection.

The first and only thing any doctor would have told her to do is 'get out of there fast'. I presume that is why the RF didn't want her to get help.

Where did you read that the RF didn’t want her to get help? By all accounts it seems the RF never even knew. Harry said he was too ashamed to tell them.

• Advertisement

But you've just had evidence that neither of those two things were true: that she was able to access her passport and that it's impossible that she was unable to get to a doctor if she'd wanted to.

So why are you talking as if it were true?

As to what a doctor "would have told her" doesn't that depend on what the situation was? You're not really saying that anyone who has a personal secretary to deal with their everyday administrative concerns needs to "get out of there" are you? They say the queen never carries money in her handbag - does that make her a prisoner too? Of whom? The British people?

Advertisement