Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

jm08 wrote: »
    She didn't like the way she was treated in the press and the lack of effort from the RF to protect her.

The point about not having her passport or car keys are there to explain the amount of control exerted by the Institution and why she didn't get an Uber to a hospital.

She was exposed to extreme racist bile from the British press and the RF didn't lift a finger to try and defend her.

And they were dead right.
    Its a very bad reflection on her that she cares so much what people say and think about her.
    She really needs to get over that or she will never be happy in life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

bubblypop wrote: »
    And they were dead right.
    Its a very bad reflection on her that she cares so much what people say and think about her.
    She really needs to get over that or she will never be happy in life!!

I think now that she is out of that toxic atmosphere, she will be fine.

walshb wrote: »
    I don’t have to prove anything.

I do not believe her “I was suicidal” claim, or “I didn’t want to live anymore” claim..

It’s her claim/thought..

Impossible that I can disprove it

It’s something in someone’s head...it’s either true or not. And only the person really knows.

So, until I see her signed off by a certified shrink as being suicidal, I’ll leave it at me not believing her..

i suppose your advice to anyone who is struggling with mental health would be to ''pull yourself together and get over it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think now that she is out of that toxic atmosphere, she will be fine.

So you’re more anti RF than pro Meghan?

Think this is vast majority of people who can’t bring themselves to see the very poor behaviour from Markle and Harry..

More to do with anti RF than believing Markle is in any way credible, honourable, principled and decent

i suppose your advice to anyone who is struggling with mental health would be to ''pull yourself together and get over it.?

Not at all

I don’t believe her claim..

Threw it out there the same way the racism claim thrown out. Maximum deviousness and damage..

Horrible behaviour..

• Advertisement

Imagine, a 38 year old woman isn’t capable of telling her own personally drafted in team of private doctors to monitor her pregnancy that she felt suicidal while pregnant.

Were they her medical team of private doctors or the RF's medical team of private doctors?

Think this is vast majority of people who can’t bring themselves to see the very poor behaviour from Markle and Harry..

More to do with anti RF than believing Markle is in any way credible, honourable, principled and decent

The majority of pro Megan posters are just anti royal family posters.

Were they her medical team of private doctors or the RF's medical team of private doctors?

Just more excuses and deflection!

Not at all

I don’t believe her claim..

Threw it out there the same way the racism claim thrown out. Maximum deviousness and damage..

Horrible behaviour..

How do you explain the exception that Charlotte & Louis getting the title of Princess and Prince and Archie not then?

How do you explain the exception that Charlotte & Louis getting the title of Princess and Prince and Archie not then?

Are you claiming this was due to racism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No those were Harry’s words to her. I believe he told her to “go upstairs, put your make up bag in the sink and pull yourself together” before bringing her to the event.
    That is a direct quote from the interview.

Its relevant if they were part of the the ''Institution'' who were not listening to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭Deeec

Surely they have a title because their father will be King in the future.

She made an exception for all the children of the heir to receive titles from birth. She did this when Kate was pregnant with George, before Meghan ever landed on the scene. It’s hardly an exception if she does it for every child, is it? More to the point, why is Meghan using convention that was changed before she was even in the picture as something personal against her? How is this racist if it was done before anyone even knew who she was?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Because our own mental health is more important then worrying about what other people think or write about us.
    It wasn't gone past any stage, she just couldn't move past it.
    That's an issue with her, she would have been far better off trying to deal with her own issues rather then blame the royal family for what the press said about her.

the papers absolutely had gone beyond being simply stupid and ridiculous into spiteful and vitriolic, that's just reality.
    only a certain amount of time some people would be able to put up with that crap before they snap and say enough is enough.
    we may feel we may be able to simply get on and ignore such stuff ourselves if we were in that situation but realistically we can't really know for absolute definite without being in that situation.
    bunny_mac wrote: »
    So it's ok to be vile to someone if they're a millionaire?

Diana, Fergie and Kate were all the subject of 'vicious and relentless' abuse by some elements of the media. Yet Meghan expected it to be different for her?

Anyway, I was living in England when they got together and my experience of it was that the media interest in Meghan at the beginning was overwhelmingly positive (with the odd questionable article from the usual suspects). When things started to get ugly was when she started refusing to play ball when Archie was born – no photos outside the hospital, birth location shrouded in secrecy, godparents secret etc. etc. That rubbed people up the wrong way. And all the nonsense about them wanting Archie to be a private citizen, I guess the way Joe UK Public felt about that was, well hang on, he *isn't* a private citizen, his lavish lifestyle will be paid for out of my purse so I want to see the odd photo of him. I don't think a few photos and the names of his godparents was too much to ask. (Plus she revealed the 'private citizen' stuff to be a total lie when she threw her toys out of the pram about him not getting a title and wheeled him out when it suited her for her money-making/Hollywood hobnobbing opportunities.)

But I think that was all part of her plan. She never intended to stay in the UK and by withholding Archie she knew she'd piss the media off, they'd write nasty things about her and there was her 'get out of the UK' card. It was all working nicely until the Queen refused to let them be half in/half out, so she spat the dummy and is now accusing the RF of all sorts because she didn't get her way.

I'm no fan of the royals by the way, but I'm even less of a fan of narcissists.

none of us are fans of narcissists, but actual ones rather then make believe ones created to suit a narative, of which meghan certainly seems to be that given she is doing the worst job i have ever come across at being one.
    elements of the british public whinging because they didn't get photos of a baby on the steps of the hospital like some sort of freak show says more about them then it ever will the parents deciding that they want to spend more time bonding with their baby and allow the mother to recover a bit and show the baby at a later date.
    again as i have said plenty these people owe the british public nothing, the british public decided they wanted a royal family and the main members of the family will do certain duties but they have no obligation to allow the british public know every single intimate detail of their lives, and they certainly have no obligation to show off a baby like some sort of new toy or accessary if they choose not to.
    Why are folks crying about centuries of rules, duty, protocols and tradition here?

Silly nonsense stories about driver’s licences and passports etc..

Meghan married into the family. Didn’t quite like the lie of the land..

And instead of just getting out and getting lost, she saw an opportunity to further hog the limelight..

why not, it's stuff from a by gone era which has no place in a modern society and which seems to be causing more issues for some of the younger people caught up in it.
    meghan married in and both her and her husband realised there was more to life and got out, nothing wrong with that.
    they were always going to have some media attention but better it be on a smaller and less incidious scale then what they would get in the UK from certain publications.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The toxic atmosphere in the UK is the British tabloids and the deal the RF seem to have made with them. Meghan was just the sacrificial lamb so that they wouldn't pursue William on his dalliance with the neighbour.

They were her own team. She rejected the palace team. You don’t already know this?

Are you claiming this was due to racism?

I want you to explain to me why they were given a title and Archie was not.

They were her own team. She rejected the palace team. You don’t already know this?

I didn't know that. So how do you know she didn't tell them how she was feeling? What could they have done? Ring the Queen and tell her to do something about it? Would the Institution have taken any notice of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Imagine, a 38 year old woman isn’t capable of telling her own personally drafted in team of private doctors to monitor her pregnancy that she felt suicidal while pregnant.

while we have made good progress in terms of being able to open up about mental health, sometimes in certain situations people don't always feel they can open up, even if perhapse in another situation they may be able to do so.
    depends on the situation and conditions and person, everyone is different, so i certainly wouldn't be criticising or judging her if she felt she couldn't tell the doctors at that time for whatever reason.
    Yes, so they didn’t know. So your claim about the RF not wanting Meghan to get help is incorrect. No need to keep digging and switching the goalposts.
    Also, that only explains why he didn’t tell the RF. Not why he didn’t contact one of the many charities he has been linked with for years or insist Meghan tell her team of doctors of these intrusive suicidal thoughts she was having while pregnant.

Tis a humdinger.

what the poster is saying is a roundabout way of stating what they originally stated, so ultimately the claim is correct to an extent.
    no digging and switching anything on their part.

no just simply asking the question, of which the answer may explain some things.
    no excuses or anything else but simple potential reality.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

I want you to explain to me why they were given a title and Archie was not.

Someone just did, about four posts back from this one. It was also widely addressed in the media after the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The toxic atmosphere in the UK is the British tabloids and the deal the RF seem to have made with them. Meghan was just the sacrificial lamb so that they wouldn't pursue William on his dalliance with the neighbour.
    You keep saying this, have you proof that William had an affair?

It's possible of course, but to claim Meghan was "sacrificed" to keep that out of the papers is ludicrous. You do know that papers have more than one story in each edition? It's not a case of one over the other, and the William story would have sold a hell of a lot more copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

guys, don't feed the troll or posters just looking for a never ending argument...just my humble recommendation..:o

I didn't know that. So how do you know she didn't tell them how she was feeling? What could they have done? Ring the Queen and tell her to do something about it? Would the Institution have taken any notice of them?

Again switching the goalposts. If she told her doctors how she was feeling then they would have a duty to protect her and get her the help she needed. If she did tell them and they did nothing then it’s them who she needs to air her frustrations at, not the RF who didn’t know she was suicidal.

Grandchildren of the monarch are prince's and Princess.
    Great grandchildren are not
    But, in 2011 or 2012 the Queen decided that any children of Williams would be given prince or Princess titles.
    Decided long before most of his children were born, and long before Megan came around.

But you know all this and it's just any excuse to try and get a dig against the royal family, from what I can see.

Of course he does, he just likes to repeat the same rubbish over and over.
    I vote ignore!!

the papers absolutely had gone beyond being simply stupid and ridiculous into spiteful and vitriolic, that's just reality.
    only a certain amount of time some people would be able to put up with that crap before they snap and say enough is enough.
    we may feel we may be able to simply get on and ignore such stuff ourselves if we were in that situation but realistically we can't really know for absolute definite without being in that situation.

none of us are fans of narcissists, but actual ones rather then make believe ones created to suit a narative, of which meghan certainly seems to be that given she is doing the worst job i have ever come across at being one.
    elements of the british public whinging because they didn't get photos of a baby on the steps of the hospital like some sort of freak show says more about them then it ever will the parents deciding that they want to spend more time bonding with their baby and allow the mother to recover a bit and show the baby at a later date.
    again as i have said plenty these people owe the british public nothing, the british public decided they wanted a royal family and the main members of the family will do certain duties but they have no obligation to allow the british public know every single intimate detail of their lives, and they certainly have no obligation to show off a baby like some sort of new toy or accessary if they choose not to.

why not, it's stuff from a by gone era which has no place in a modern society and which seems to be causing more issues for some of the younger people caught up in it.
    meghan married in and both her and her husband realised there was more to life and got out, nothing wrong with that.
    they were always going to have some media attention but better it be on a smaller and less incidious scale then what they would get in the UK from certain publications.

And what about the spin with claims that they refused a title for the child. And then the expectation that the child be displayed to the public even though he was not being treated like William's kids and being denied security.

Of course he does, he just likes to repeat the same rubbish over and over.
    I vote ignore!!

I didn't know that Meghan brought in her own medical team. Why are you making such a big deal about not knowing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

tara73 wrote: »
    guys, don't feed the troll or posters just looking for a never ending argument...just my humble recommendation..:o

Kind of getting to the point of devotion that Meghan could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any support. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And what about the spin with claims that they refused a title for the child. And then the expectation that the child be displayed to the public even though he was not being treated like William's kids and being denied security.
    They said they refused a title for Archie, then bitched and moaned to Oprah that he didn't get one. They obviously wanted him to be a prince, not the titles he was entitled to as the child of man who would never be king.

A photo op for the press is an expectation for having your life funded by taxpayers.

William is in line for the throne and his 3 children are ahead of Harry in the right of succession.

Meghan's problem seems to be she was really a nobody in royal terms, that must have been a rude awakening for a narcissist.

Advertisement