Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

What about the people who quite literally bow and curtsey to them? Making themselves subservient to them. Those who call them ‘your royal highness’, ‘sir’ or ‘ma’am’? Why are they doing that? Yes it’s tradition but it’s tradition based on a belief that they are actually, literally better than the commoners.

I think you need to look closer at the relationship between royalty and commoners in the British system. Imagine if the queen or Charles or some other member of the family arrived at an event and said to someone 'you there, make me a cup of tea. And bring me some cakes'. The press would have an absolute field day with something like that and would crucify them.

Only their staff are really subservient to them, that's no different to staff in many a Holywood home. If rumours are true then stars like Ellen Degeneres can be absolutely horrible to those 'under' them and treat them as though they have zero dignity. That is the dividing line between modern royalty and the tyrannical egomaniacs among us. People will defer to royalty and place them on a pedestal but they will absolutely not tolerate being treated in an undignified manner by any royal.

Meghan never seemed to understand that. It seems she thought being a member of the royal family meant people were compelled to treat her with respect regardless of how she chose to perform her role. It probably seemed in her head like a promotion to senior management and next-level celebrity rolled into one. The public and the press caught on to this very fast and it turned them against her.

As far as tradition and the 'specialness' of members of the royal family, that's partly true. It's also a large part out of respect for the office rather than the human being. When people here call a priest 'father', a monk 'brother' or a nun 'sister' they are mostly showing respect for the role rather than the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So how does she go to the toilet? Don't tell me she has someone to do that for her as well? AT TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE!

Are you from the UK and paying tax there?

You seem very wound up about the UK RF being covered by the UK taxpayer on an Irish discussion forum.

As has been pointed out previously there is a public majority in the UK that favours having a RF therefore they public can't really complain about funding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Well apparently he is back in the US. I wonder will there be any leaks from Gayle King about the funeral and reunion?

Well apparently he is back in the US. I wonder will there be any leaks from Gayle King about the funeral and reunion?

Looks like Charles and William no longer trust him. “Sources told the outlets that both Charles and William wanted each other present for any meeting for fear that a 'twisted version of events' would leak out from Harry's camp.” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9493697/Prince-Harry-returns-home-Montecito-reunite-pregnant-Meghan-Archie.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Are you from the UK and paying tax there?

You seem very wound up about the UK RF being covered by the UK taxpayer on an Irish discussion forum.

As has been pointed out previously there is a public majority in the UK that favours having a RF therefore they public can't really complain about funding them.

Does it really need to be pointed out to you that that post was satirical? Or do you truly believe that I genuinely think that the RF have staff who defecate for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Looks like Charles and William no longer trust him. “Sources told the outlets that both Charles and William wanted each other present for any meeting for fear that a 'twisted version of events' would leak out from Harry's camp.” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9493697/Prince-Harry-returns-home-Montecito-reunite-pregnant-Meghan-Archie.html

And damn right both are..

What Harry did was no some minor slip of the tongue. It was dedicated, orchestrated, thought out and planned. And so very publicly!!!

And what makes it even worse, is their still going ahead with it when the Queen’s husband was at deaths door.

It beggars belief at why Harry did this...

Just plain weird is the best way to describe it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You'd be mad to confide anything to Harry. It would be rapidly monetized when he got back to his American boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

walshb wrote: »
    And damn right both are..

What Harry did was no some minor slip of the tongue. It was dedicated, orchestrated, thought out and planned. And so very publicly!!!

And what makes it even worse, is their still going ahead with it when the Queen’s husband was at deaths door.

It beggars belief at why Harry did this...

Just plain weird is the best way to describe it...

I doubt it was his idea. He doesn’t give the impression of being terribly bright, and is utterly in love - I’d say he just followed Meghans lead. That’s why he wasn’t there for all of the interview, and looked pretty sheepish when he was. I think he’ll live to regret that moment bitterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Multipass wrote: »
    I doubt it was his idea. He doesn’t give the impression of being terribly bright, and is utterly in love - I’d say he just followed Meghans lead. That’s why he wasn’t there for all of the interview, and looked pretty sheepish when he was. I think he’ll live to regret that moment bitterly.

But he can’t get out if it by saying it wasn’t his idea. He is the RF..or at least was.

His betrayal here is what counts, not some charlatan nobody access in all of a wet day.

Harry is a grown man. Lived his whole life as a RF member..

Why on earth did he so publicly humiliate and slate his own family...

The RF must be perplexed as to what possessed him to handle this the way he did.

He hardly hates his brother and father? Because other than hate, why else would someone betray the way he did..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I dont know about the level of house work the royals do but if its any at all Id be amazed. Not out of badness, but I see people on decent, not outlandish salarys here getting cleaners in, gardeners etc. Why would the RF not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

He hardly hates his brother and father? Because other than hate, why else would someone betray the way he did..

Because he's been completely manipulated by a very clever and very ruthless narcissist. That's what they do – they isolate their victim by convincing them that their friends and family can't be trusted, that they're the only person who *really* loves them, *really* knows them, has their best interests at heart etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

bunny_mac wrote: »
    Because he's been completely manipulated by a very clever and very ruthless narcissist. That's what they do – they isolate their victim by convincing them that their friends and family can't be trusted, that they're the only person who *really* loves them, *really* knows them, has their best interests at heart etc.

Interestingly it is usually the kind of people who could have their choice of partners who typically fall prey to such narcissistic manipulators. Prince Harry was a very eligible bachelor and given his status could be very selective when it came to prospective love interests. I guess it's the idea that they can be selective which drives the agenda to manipulate, to isolate, to divide and conquer. There is the obvious reality of him being famous and the prospect of a media scrutinised life-altering dynamic if getting involved with him but Meghan was enthusiastically espousing the idea of "hitting the ground running" with a clearly smitten Harry. The whole relationship was seen as a positive by the general public and the media. An intelligent, good looking, passionate and self-confident woman who clearly wanted to embrace the role. He was putty in her hands. He strikes me as a groomed but deeply in love man who couldn't see the wood for the tree's and whether he has copped onto what he has gotten involved in or not, it is clear that he has invested in his wife's woke victim playing narrative. I suppose the best way to look at it is that his wife, who was front and centre in the interview, was the driver behind engaging with Oprah in an interview which smeared his family. You ask yourself, if he looked to leave just what would be awaiting him when his wife is a victim playing media darling. I don’t think the idea of mutual separation would be entertained and the prospect of a custody battle would surface. Given his own dalliances with racial remarks any conjuring up of a narrative along those lines would be presumably pounced on and would have credibility with the woke mob given his previous "rag head" type utterances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

bunny_mac wrote: »

And this *really* was proved by her big lie, that she never looked him up on line. It was such an obvious lie and manipulation, which no one believed in but Harry. Only in this way she can keep convincing him, that she loves him *really* for who he is as a person, not for his family and position (because she knew nothing about it)....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just read that Harry flew back to USA one day before his grandmothers 95th birthday just after she’d buried her husband and his grandfather. Heartless behaviour. He should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just read that Harry flew back to USA one day before his grandmothers 95th birthday just after she’d buried her husband and his grandfather. Heartless behaviour. He should be ashamed of himself.
    I suspect his family wholeheartedly encouraged his swift return home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh I’d say so. They must be absolutely furious with him. It’s so sad for his grandmother especially at her age he’s really let her down.

Probably packed his suitcase for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Probably packed his suitcase for him.

And made sure he had his passport. :p

And made sure he had his passport. :p

And locks changed on Frogmore cottage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

valoren wrote: »
    Prince Harry was a very eligible bachelor and given his status could be very selective when it came to prospective love interests.

That's true, but I reckon, for all that outward appearances might have suggested otherwise, poor old Harry's self esteem was in the toilet, making him ripe for 'grooming'. I think he's been measuring himself against William all his life and coming up short – William's the heir (he's the spare), William's smarter, William's parentage was never speculated on like Harry's was, then William meets this fabulous girl and has his own family etc. etc. All of that coupled with the massive abandonment issues he probably developed as a result of his mother dying so young and you've got a textbook narc victim. He was probably crying out to be doted on and made to feel special and important and that's what she would have done. And once he was under her spell he probably didn't take much convincing that Charles and William didn't care about him, he'd always be in William's shadow if he stayed in the RF, he could do so much better with her in LA etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Friend speaks out in defence of a friend. That's not surprising.

I know people who are lovely to their friends but awful to other people in their lives. I know people who got their praises sung by their colleagues as such a lovely person but they were physically abusive to their spouse.

People have many faces so I've no doubt that Meghan is absolutely lovely to the people she wants to be absolutely lovely to. But I've also no doubt that if Chrissy says something politically embarrassing or something that damages Meghan's reputation she'll be blanked as quick as look at her.

Meghan has no issue burning bridges with actual heads of countries and future heads of countries. Even when they are family. Celebs are equally disposable to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Imagine running back to a pregnant wife instead of a 95th birthday....what an utter c*nt

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Meghan will suck up to whoever is hot property in Hollywood right now. Chrissy is quite popular so it’s no surprise at all that Meghan would reach out. These are the circles she sees herself in. If it was Kerry Katona or someone who documented her miscarriage so publicly I doubt Meghan would be reaching out. Chrissy has status that Meghan wants to associate with. In the same way as she invited a listers to her wedding, some who she barely even knew, if at all.

Surprise, surprise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

A source close to Harry tells
    @HarpersBazaarUS
    Wonder who the source was :)

He's only back in USA a couple of hours, couldn't let the Queen enjoy her birthday without more stories

A source close to Harry tells
    @HarpersBazaarUS
    Wander who the source was :)

He's only back in USA a couple of hours, couldn't let the Queen enjoy her birthday without more stories

I'm sure Gayle will have more updates on the situation in the days to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Why are Irish people defending the british royal family? ew

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

But you can’t prove she’s lying....so she gets a pass!!!!
    I'm genuinely perplexed.

Lying to stop yourself saying something distasteful as in (yes i googled my husband and his mother) is not the same as lying that you were friends with Epstein.

Of COURSE we give passes to certain types of lying. The world would not work without this.

You cannot be as naive as to think that Harry did not google HER too can you?

Of course he did.

He watched her in suits , he watched her interviews.

Saying it publicly would be firstly unnecessary and distastefully awkward.

I mean i am sure MI5 did a total background check on her tbh.

But its really in consequential and says nothing to her character. This is the real adult world.

I'm sure if you asked the Royal family if they do MI5 checks they would lie and say oh no too.

I am sure they would say they never googled her too. (and of course they did).

But these lies are different to let's say ...lying about your friendship to Epstein. Or lying you are not racist when the racist comments of prince charles , prince andrew , princess margaret princess anne and prince philip are all well documented in national news papers.

These DO reveal character. They are not simply white harmless lies.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Gayle will have more updates on the situation in the days to come.

Not Gayle Force this time. Omid Scoobie Doo is the culprit this time. Him that wrote the intellectual tome, Finding Freedom.

Advertisement