Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not Gayle Force this time. Omid Scoobie Doo is the culprit this time. Him that wrote the intellectual tome, Finding Freedom.

I would be surprised if she didn't have further information to talk about on her TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

valoren wrote: »
    Interestingly it is usually the kind of people who could have their choice of partners who typically fall prey to such narcissistic manipulators. Prince Harry was a very eligible bachelor and given his status could be very selective when it came to prospective love interests.

Not really. I mean they basically sign their life away.

I mean he would and should be selective. But in the group he selected ...i imagine many would turn him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

People magazine exclusive

"Meghan Markle and Archie Spoke with the Queen Before Prince Philip's Funeral, Says Source"

The source has been busy.

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-archie-spoke-with-the-queen-ahead-of-prince-philips-funeral-says-source/

People magazine exclusive

"Meghan Markle and Archie Spoke with the Queen Before Prince Philip's Funeral, Says Source"

The source has been busy.

And this is the cover of people magazine. I wonder if William would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why are Irish people defending the british royal family? ew

Does nationality matter here?

And who’s defending RF?

Is it not more people righty criticising the appalling behaviour of Harry and Meghan on their attack against their own family , a family that can’t really defend against at it..

I’d criticised anyone doing what the gruesome twosome done here..

What happened has nothing to do with the titles or importance or significance of those involved. It has to do with decency, standard, morals, character and goodness; all sorely lacking with what them two did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Imagine running back to a pregnant wife instead of a 95th birthday....what an utter c*nt

While I may not describe Harry in such a colourful way I do indeed think his behaviour leaves a lot to be desired. His grandmother is in mourning having just buried her husband and who knows this could be her last birthday. Meghan is pregnant not terminally ill and isn’t due her baby until the summer. After the upset he’s already caused his grandmother the least he could have done was stayed one more day to see her on her 95th.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

While I may not describe Harry in such a colourful way I do indeed think his behaviour leaves a lot to be desired. His grandmother is in mourning having just buried her husband and who knows this could be her last birthday. Meghan is pregnant not terminally ill and isn’t due her baby until the summer. After the upset he’s already caused his grandmother the least he could have done was stayed one more day to see her on her 95th.

The flip side though might be that seeing his face might only anger her and would be additional stress that is the last thing she needs right now.

I mean, we know that the family knew when the DoE went into hospital that the end was not far off and that he would be lucky to make his 100th birthday. An interview this explosive, threw a family who's bracing themselves for a bereavement into a sh!tstorm that they really didn't need at that time. And at the centre of it was his granny who bent over backwards to facilitate them both in Royal life until they tried to take the piss.

The stuff in the interview was ALL historical, so they waited this long, why not wait a bit longer? My theory is that the eulogising and praise the others in the family were getting after the DoE died is a naturally occurring PR boost for them - I mean, even Andrew was temporarily off limits and felt it was safe enough to show his face and say a few careful words to the press. H&M needed to get in there first with their story about how hard done by they were, before public sympathy switched to the Royals on their bereavement - which it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

how do you know he could have stayed another day? sometimes it is not always possible for individuals who have come long distances to a funeral to stay more then a certain amount of days for various reasons, even though they might want to.
    i would imagine he did get to see his grandmother anyway, and while i'm sure he would have liked to have spent her birthday with her he may not have been able to do so as for whatever reason he had to get back unfortunately.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Neyite wrote: »
    The flip side though might be that seeing his face might only anger her and would be additional stress that is the last thing she needs right now.

I mean, we know that the family knew when the DoE went into hospital that the end was not far off and that he would be lucky to make his 100th birthday. An interview this explosive, threw a family who's bracing themselves for a bereavement into a sh!tstorm that they really didn't need at that time. And at the centre of it was his granny who bent over backwards to facilitate them both in Royal life until they tried to take the piss.

The stuff in the interview was ALL historical, so they waited this long, why not wait a bit longer? My theory is that the eulogising and praise the others in the family were getting after the DoE died is a naturally occurring PR boost for them - I mean, even Andrew was temporarily off limits and felt it was safe enough to show his face and say a few careful words to the press. H&M needed to get in there first with their story about how hard done by they were, before public sympathy switched to the Royals on their bereavement - which it did.

I do think that she wasn't invited to the funeral, limited numbers or not and made it like as if she couldn’t travel on medical advice.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I do think that she wasn't invited to the funeral, limited numbers or not and made it like as if she couldn’t travel on medical advice.

I agree. It was just fortuitous that she's pregnant and that it provided a handy excuse rather than the embarassment of saying Granny didn't extend the invitation to her.

Most airlines will let you fly until 37weeks - she's nowhere near that. And I'm pretty sure that if you are rich and famous which she is, any airline would probably let you on. Hell, if she really wanted, she's got the resources to bring an OBGYN with her if it was an essential journey.

• Advertisement

how do you know he could have stayed another day? sometimes it is not always possible for individuals who have come long distances to a funeral to stay more then a certain amount of days for various reasons, even though they might want to.
    i would imagine he did get to see his grandmother anyway, and while i'm sure he would have liked to have spent her birthday with her he may not have been able to do so as for whatever reason he had to get back unfortunately.

From what I can see there’s no reason he couldn’t stay one more day. He’s in no danger of loosing his job and Meghan isn’t due to give birth until the summer. He didn’t even have to stay the whole day. He could have visited his grandmother in the morning and left England in the afternoon. I know he saw his grandmother before her birthday but I do feel he should have made a much better effort. Who knows how many more birthdays she has left? It’s too late for regret when an important person in your life is gone and it would have been the mannerly thing to do.

Are the palace finally speaking out? Apologies for the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

From what I can see there’s no reason he couldn’t stay one more day. He’s in no danger of loosing his job and Meghan isn’t due to give birth until the summer. He didn’t even have to stay the whole day. He could have visited his grandmother in the morning and left England in the afternoon. I know he saw his grandmother before her birthday but I do feel he should have made a much better effort. Who knows how many more birthdays she has left? It’s too late for regret when an important person in your life is gone and it would have been the mannerly thing to do.

If fairness she does have a couple of birthdays every year

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Are the palace finally speaking out? Apologies for the source.

i'm sure if he could have done that he would.
    especially since he has just lost his grandfather which would focus the mind a bit even though he would be already aware that he could lose his grandmother at any time.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

If fairness she does have a couple of birthdays every year

Yeah but she’s only got one real birthday and even though she’s got two birthdays officially who knows if she’s going to be alive for the next one. Also she’s got two birthdays because she’s the queen. That means she’s Harry’s queen as well as his grandmother. I think he definitely could have handled things much better and with more respect. He should spend as much time with her as he can because she’s not getting any younger and it’s very hard living with regrets after someone dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I doubt Harry was wanted tbh, he threw the family under the bus while his grandfather was dying. "Happy birthday!" really isn't going to undo that.

I doubt Harry was wanted tbh, he threw the family under the bus while his grandfather was dying. "Happy birthday!" really isn't going to undo that.

Oh yeah I know and completely agree. I would not expect it to. What I mean is he kinda rubbed salt in the wound by taking off so soon. His family were probably afraid to talk to him anyway in case it would be front page news the next day who knows. I just thought it was sad especially for his grandmother that’s all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Oh yeah I know and completely agree. I would not expect it to. What I mean is he kinda rubbed salt in the wound by taking off so soon. His family were probably afraid to talk to him anyway in case it would be front page news the next day who knows. I just thought it was sad especially for his grandmother that’s all.

Well it's already been leaked by their mouthpiece that he met the queen privately at least twice when he was over. They are probably saving the details for another TV special, or maybe just waiting for an important day for some other RF member that they can grab the headlines by releasing some more details. That's how he rolls now. If they didn't want him around its no wonder.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Well it's already been leaked by their mouthpiece that he met the queen privately at least twice when he was over. They are probably saving the details for another TV special, or maybe just waiting for an important day for some other RF member that they can grab the headlines by releasing some more details. That's how he rolls now. If they didn't want him around its no wonder.

Well, Kate and William's 10th anniversary is later this month so I imagine they might try steal some of the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is the two birthdays thing for the queen because one of them is her date of coronation which was in June of 1953 ? If that’s it then fair enough I suppose but if it’s not then it’s a bit daft.

I see that Gail king is supposed to have questioned why princess Anne was in the funeral party of her father and the bit I read there was an attempt to create controversy where there wasn’t any. Do we think Gail king came up with that opinion by herself ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Well, Kate and William's 10th anniversary is later this month so I imagine they might try steal some of the limelight.

Quite an achievement in that family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

I don’t think I could have stomached seeing her there so no idea how the family could take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

hamburgham wrote: »
    I don’t think I could have stomached seeing her there never mind the family.

I would put money on her being invited, i would also put money on her using the pregnancy as a get out.

i've never been a pregnant woman so i dont really know.

to put the whole thing to bed, i hope the queen just strips them of any royal title/entitlements/passports/whatever else.

for their own sake at the very least...just set them free!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is the two birthdays thing for the queen because one of them is her date of coronation which was in June of 1953 ? If that’s it then fair enough I suppose but if it’s not then it’s a bit daft.
    One is her real birthday and the other is on a Saturday in June - I'd say that's just down to logistics as a set day of the week is easy to plan the public celebrations and not have the disruption of it during a working week.
    wrote:
    I see that Gail king is supposed to have questioned why princess Anne was in the funeral party of her father and the bit I read there was an attempt to create controversy where there wasn’t any. Do we think Gail king came up with that opinion by herself ?

If that woman knew anything, she would know that Anne probably was the closest to her dad out of all her siblings. How was it worded? On the face of it, it potentially a pretty sexist statement from Gayle King - why wouldn't Anne walk in the funeral procession of her father like her brothers? Why should she be excluded - the only reason I could see Gayle thinking she should be is that she's female.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Neyite wrote: »
    One is her real birthday and the other is on a Saturday in June - I'd say that's just down to logistics as a set day of the week is easy to plan the public celebrations and not have the disruption of it during a working week.

If that woman knew anything, she would know that Anne probably was the closest to her dad out of all her siblings. How was it worded? On the face of it, it potentially a pretty sexist statement from Gayle King - why wouldn't Anne walk in the funeral procession of her father like her brothers? Why should she be excluded - the only reason I could see Gayle thinking she should be is that she's female.

Or maybe she was trying to make a veiled attempt at who said the "racist" comment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Prince Louis turns 3 and the photo released to mark it must surely be a barbed dig at Harry's historical revisionism? It’s Louis, the “spare”, riding a bike and looking absolutely delighted in spite of the "toxic" trap of being Royal. Harry, as we know, was never allowed to ride a bike when he was a kid (but actually was).

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Or maybe she was trying to make a veiled attempt at who said the "racist" comment

I dunno, I think she's just stirring out of nothing. This is the comment: "Gayle asked why Anne was in the funeral procession with the men?"

Gayle King is a crap journalist as even with a quick google she'd know that Anne also did this nearly 20 years ago for her grandmothers funeral.

The simple answer is that his children surrounded the coffin, and after them, other senior royals. It's possible there would have been more in the procession except due to covid restrictions on funeral numbers they had to be left off the procession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

valoren wrote: »
    Prince Louis turns 3 and the photo released to mark it must surely be a barbed dig at Harry's historical revisionism? It’s Louis, the “spare”, riding a bike and looking absolutely delighted in spite of the "toxic" trap of being Royal. Harry, as we know, was never allowed to ride a bike when he was a kid (but actually was).

It's OK though. Megs & Archie have been papped in case anyone was getting too focused on a Cambridge kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Gayle King questioning why Princess Anne was part of the procession for her father when the tradition is that it is men only? Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but, given that the Duke was reportedly heavily involved in the planning of his own funeral then I would probably think that this was what the Duke wanted?

• Advertisement

It's OK though. Megs & Archie have been papped in case anyone was getting too focused on a Cambridge kid.

:D
    I said earlier in this thread that Royals and their courtiers have been doing spin and PR centuries before it ever was a thing.

Nobody wants to see two ex-royals in their jeans going on a hike or going shopping. That's only mildly interesting when it's someone you'd normally see glammed up. People want to see the pomp and ceremony of an archaic and mysterious monarchy, they want to see the elegance, glamour, the jewels and the dresses.

Advertisement