Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Neyite wrote: »
    :D
    I said earlier in this thread that Royals and their courtiers have been doing spin and PR centuries before it ever was a thing.

Nobody wants to see two ex-royals in their jeans going on a hike or going shopping. That's only mildly interesting when it's someone you'd normally see glammed up. People want to see the pomp and ceremony of an archaic and mysterious monarchy, they want to see the elegance, glamour, the jewels and the dresses.

To be fair, people also like to see the Royal Coach turn into a pumpkin.

valoren wrote: »
    Prince Louis turns 3 and the photo released to mark it must surely be a barbed dig at Harry's historical revisionism? It’s Louis, the “spare”, riding a bike and looking absolutely delighted in spite of the "toxic" trap of being Royal. Harry, as we know, was never allowed to ride a bike when he was a kid (but actually was).

Charlotte is the "Spare", not Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 55,651 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deputy spare!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

He's the spare's spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,651 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He's the spare's spare.

Heir to the spare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I think this interview might have happened because of many things. In February it was a final review of their leave, so maybe they expected a different, more compromised result, but definitely not being stripped of so many things. Maybe they expected next money from Charles at the end of the fiscal year in March. And they wanted to force it with the threat of a tell-all interview. And when Charles stopped taking their calls, they followed up with a threat.

They are so egotistical, that they didn’t think about others. Especially about the Queen. They just felt hurt, rejected and wanted the revenge, which is always the worst solution.

And it all was used by Oprah.

Now I actually feel sorry for them. Two kids used by a ruthless businesswoman.

Meghan narcissism comes in my opinion from insecurities.
    https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2021/march/narcissism-driven-by-insecurity--not-grandiose-sense-of-self--ne.html

She is very nice and bending backwards for people above her, but compensate it with rude behaviour towards people below her. We know such “yes” types towards bosses and “no” towards anyone else.

This interview was very asymmetrical. A-lister Oprah met with Meghan, who aspires to be the one, but she is not there yet. And Meghan wanted to please her. She was so desperate that she was willing to make up stories for Oprah. Oprah is in this business for a very long time, so she knows, how to open people. And now even she admitted that she was surprised that Meghan was willing to throw such a bombshell. She called it truthfulness, while I call it making mountains out of molehills to please Oprah. And how the best you can please a person, who has everything? So racism came as the best solution because of Oprah's skin colour. As well as showing the middle finger to British people to please an American.

Oprah should be ashamed of herself that she used obviously mentally unstable person and didn’t check basic things. And allowed it to be aired to millions of people. So now she will make this narrative that they were truthful, while it was proved so many times that they were far from facts, which she didn’t bother to check. So now she will stick with this narrative. but it would be better for her, if she follows RF rule “never complain, never explain”.

It is funny, how this rule works, because the more people speak, the more they get blamed. I was angry with Meghan and Harry and now after Oprah’s latest interview in which she explained things, my sympathy has changed. I am more angry now with Oprah for creating this whole situation and using people. And I have more sympathy now for this pair of damaged kids. And I feel ashamed as well for buying all these b***t for Oprah’s gain. I somehow trusted that such experienced person won’t use people with mental health problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

JoChervil wrote: »
    I think this interview might have happened because of many things. In February it was a final review of their leave, so maybe they expected a different, more compromised result, but definitely not being stripped of so many things. Maybe they expected next money from Charles at the end of the fiscal year in March. And they wanted to force it with the threat of a tell-all interview. And when Charles stopped taking their calls, they followed up with a threat.

They are so egotistical, that they didn’t think about others. Especially about the Queen. They just felt hurt, rejected and wanted the revenge, which is always the worst solution.

And it all was used by Oprah.

Now I actually feel sorry for them. Two kids used by a ruthless businesswoman.

Meghan narcissism comes in my opinion from insecurities.
    https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2021/march/narcissism-driven-by-insecurity--not-grandiose-sense-of-self--ne.html

She is very nice and bending backwards for people above her, but compensate it with rude behaviour towards people below her. We know such “yes” types towards bosses and “no” towards anyone else.

This interview was very asymmetrical. A-lister Oprah met with Meghan, who aspires to be the one, but she is not there yet. And Meghan wanted to please her. She was so desperate that she was willing to make up stories for Oprah. Oprah is in this business for a very long time, so she knows, how to open people. And now even she admitted that she was surprised that Meghan was willing to throw such a bombshell. She called it truthfulness, while I call it making mountains out of molehills to please Oprah. And how the best you can please a person, who has everything? So racism came as the best solution because of Oprah's skin colour. As well as showing the middle finger to British people to please an American.

Oprah should be ashamed of herself that she used obviously mentally unstable person and didn’t check basic things. And allowed it to be aired to millions of people. So now she will make this narrative that they were truthful, while it was proved so many times that they were far from facts, which she didn’t bother to check. So now she will stick with this narrative. but it would be better for her, if she follows RF rule “never complain, never explain”.

It is funny, how this rule works, because the more people speak, the more they get blamed. I was angry with Meghan and Harry and now after Oprah’s latest interview in which she explained things, my sympathy has changed. I am more angry now with Oprah for creating this whole situation and using people. And I have more sympathy now for this pair of damaged kids. And I feel ashamed as well for buying all these b***t for Oprah’s gain. I somehow trusted that such experienced person won’t use people with mental health problems.

I think it’s very naive and unrealistic to put all of that onto Oprah - Meghan is not a ‘damaged kid’, she’s a proven business woman who is almost 40. She knew exactly what she was doing by going to Oprah, the whole thing was scripted, no way was she led into saying more than she meant to - it was so obviously practiced.

Multipass wrote: »
    I think it’s very naive and unrealistic to put all of that onto Oprah - Meghan is not a ‘damaged kid’, she’s a proven business woman who is almost 40. She knew exactly what she was doing by going to Oprah, the whole thing was scripted, no way was she led into saying more than she meant to - it was so obviously practiced.

You are probably right. But what, if Meghan has serious mental problems? I can't exclude it. So I have doubts.

Something doesn't feel right. For example: why this interview is no longer available on CBS site?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good lord! Doubling down rather than trying to build bridges.

It gets them in the papers though I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For those lucky lucky few that have the original book, they should do a check to see what parts of the original book they’ve changed so as to make themselves look better. This btw doesn’t help the whole we want a private life angle they’ve been running with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

You have got to be kidding me...

I wonder will they dare to go so far as to imply Harry was treated unfairly at the funeral?

I wonder will they dare to go so far as to imply Harry was treated unfairly at the funeral?

Nothing would surprise me. Will probably include details of his meetings with William, Charles and the Queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Of course they will. They're professional victims those two. Plus they know they can say anything and get away with it because of the RF's policy of keeping quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Are they directly involved in it this time or is it another "we weren't involved but...ahem...we contributed" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Nothing would surprise me. Will probably include details of his meetings with William, Charles and the Queen.

Yep, Harry will never we welcome back while he is with her. Is he stupid or what to tell her anything that goes on? Clearly completely brainwashed. Everything will be monetized and broadcast to the world. Imagine the dirt she has saved for when they divorce? It's like shes taken a leaf out of scientology where they make you spill your darkest secrets on record to keep you in lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Yep, Harry will never we welcome back while he is with her. Is he stupid or what to tell her anything that goes on? Clearly completely brainwashed. Everything will be monetized and broadcast to the world. Imagine the dirt she has saved for when they divorce? It's like shes taken a leaf out of scientology where they make you spill your darkest secrets on record to keep you in lol.

That's gonna be some sh*tstorm

Well, parasites (Scobie, Oprah, BetterUp) of parasites (H&M) of parasites (RF) need to make money to seize the moment...

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Oh if they divorce then the sale of popcorn will go through the roof. And as you say Harry won’t be able to go back to his family because he’s setting fire to those bridges. Even if they don’t divorce at some point he’ll get some land.

• Advertisement

I think by staying quiet on the whole thing, the royal family are being clever. They are leaving M and H become so desperate for money and attention and continuing on this way that more people will see them for what they truly are.

Hilarious if it's true.

Hilarious if it's true.

Shocked ? If that’s accurate then he’s more naive then I believed. Did he expect them to all act as nothing had been said ?

Hilarious if it's true.

Meanwhile, William and Kate are hiring

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9512961/Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-seeking-Senior-Communications-Officer.html

“According to the ad posted to LinkedIn, Prince William and Kate Middleton require a candidate who can 'handle sensitive information with tact and discretion at all times'.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He's a twit if so, Megs will suck him in and blow him out. Only a shell left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Whilst my opinion of Meghan has changed for the worst since the interview, the criticism of her over a pap shot of her and Archie appearing in the media on Louis’s birthday seems OTT. That could well have taken on another occasion and a publication decided to print it that day to stir trouble.

Whilst my opinion of Meghan has changed for the worst since the interview, the criticism of her over a pap shot of her and Archie appearing in the media on Louis’s birthday seems OTT. That could well have taken on another occasion and a publication decided to print it that day to stir trouble.

Well, we will see what happens on the 10th wedding anniversary of K&W.

JoChervil wrote: »
    Well, we will see what happens on the 10th wedding anniversary of K&W.

I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to steal some of the limelight!!

Harry and Meghan sent private congratulations to William and Kate on their wedding anniversary, according to their spokesperson! Very private, indeed.

• Advertisement

Harry and Meghan sent private congratulations to William and Kate on their wedding anniversary, according to their spokesperson! Very private, indeed.

I'm sure we'll find out the exact wording soon enough.

Advertisement