Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm sure we'll find out the exact wording soon enough.

Gayle or Omid might kindly tell us. I'm sure we are dying to find out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Harry and Meghan as much as fart and their spokesperson has to let the world know

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It might even be "a source close to the couple" so they can distance themselves from the leak and the "invasion of their privacy".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm sure we'll find out the exact wording soon enough.

It will be in the next installment of finding freedom no doubt.

ceadaoin. wrote: »

The book won't sell itself! I wonder what will they do for Charlotte's birthday?

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »

I think we deserve a third edition at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

https://yankeewally.tumblr.com/post/645950386723848192/hi-i-have-a-cousin-who-works-as-within-givenchy/amp

This makes for interesting reading 👀👀. It sounds very plausible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Who knows if any of the above is true, it's an anonymous poster online but one thing I found very uncomfortable in the interview was when Meghan mentioned something about how Kate should have rowed in behind her as it was her wedding. There was something in that comment and the way she said it that made her seem very entitled and like a bridezilla nightmare.
    It came across as petulant and petty to me.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I wonder what will they do for Charlotte's birthday?

They're getting her novelty tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

https://yankeewally.tumblr.com/post/645950386723848192/hi-i-have-a-cousin-who-works-as-within-givenchy/amp

This makes for interesting reading ����. It sounds very plausible

For a start it mentions assault which surely would have brought charges so I declare it bullsh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

For a start it mentions assault which surely would have brought charges so I declare it bullsh1t

I’m not sure such a high status brand would stand by as a junior staff member filed a police report on a royal bride over a ‘slap’, for all we know she slapped her hand away while adjusting the dress. Nothing implausible about that.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I’m not sure such a high status brand would stand by as a junior staff member filed a police report on a royal bride over a ‘slap’, for all we know she slapped her hand away while adjusting the dress. Nothing implausible about that.
    Highly unlikely they wouldn't react if a former staff member blabbed about famous clients. I'm sure they'd have to sign non-disclosure contracts.

Highly unlikely they wouldn't react if a former staff member blabbed about famous clients. I'm sure they'd have to sign non-disclosure contracts.

Yes, I'm sure if they were aware of this and knew who it was they would take some form of action. NDAs usually result in 'a source said', as long as there were multiple sources it could have come from. That's in contrast to Meghan and Harry's ghostwritten autobiography where they authors somehow knew what Meghan was feeling and what yoga poses she was doing on holiday.

Yes, I'm sure if they were aware of this and knew who it was they would take some form of action. NDAs usually result in 'a source said', as long as there were multiple sources it could have come from. That's in contrast to Meghan and Harry's ghostwritten autobiography where they authors somehow knew what Meghan was feeling and what yoga poses she was doing on holiday.
    Well it was the employee who had just gone on maternity leave, and would have been there otherwise, who blabbed according to the article so easy to identify them.

The person claims to be their cousin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It would be a lucrative slap and worth more than a junior job . It didn’t happen.

Isn’t there a rumour also about her throwing tea at a staff member on their Australia tour? Not sure I believe that either as it seems too far fetched but it is interesting how we never hear rumours of Kate’s aggressive and entitled behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

This makes for interesting reading 👀👀. It sounds very plausible

The best friend of a cousin? It's no better than a "source" close to the couple or royal "insiders" to be honest i.e. very likely made up.

Isn’t there a rumour also about her throwing tea at a staff member on their Australia tour? Not sure I believe that either as it seems too far fetched but it is interesting how we never hear rumours of Kate’s aggressive and entitled behaviour.

Rumours, indeed. Still not verified and probably never will.

Is it true that Doria had a stint in jail when Meghan was a teen? Lots of rumours flying about that too..

Is it true that Doria had a stint in jail when Meghan was a teen? Lots of rumours flying about that too..

Apparently she did, and possibly that's why Meghan lived with her dad when she was a teenager. If true, her only relative at the wedding was an ex inmate. But her dad posed for the media and was totally cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Apparently she did, and possibly that's why Meghan lived with her dad when she was a teenager. If true, her only relative at the wedding was an ex inmate. But her dad posed for the media and was totally cut off.

Her mother is a social worker- how would that be possible if she had a criminal record?

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Her mother is a social worker- how would that be possible if she had a criminal record?

Who knows? I did read before that she has the qualifications but is not registered anywhere. Also I went to college with someone who has a past conviction and is now working as a social worker. Past convictions don’t always automatically preclude you, and it would depend on the area she went into, ie rehabilitation or mental health (which I understand she did)
    It could also depend on how far back her record was.

Lillyfae wrote: »

Depends maybe on the crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I think there were rumours about him too though

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It would be a lucrative slap and worth more than a junior job . It didn’t happen.

I find it really hard to believe as well. She's had a long career where getting along with colleagues, assistants, bosses and all that will have shown her the importance of interacting civilly with people. There's no reports of her doing these kind of things when she was acting. If she was going around slapping and throwing drinks at subordinates, you'd have heard of a few scalded or slapped makeup artists or other set staff suing the daylights out of her for it, or selling their story to a US/CA rag.

The only way it could have happened is if she got a massive ego trip on landing Harry and formed the opinion that royalty should behave like Henry VIII towards peasants and servants and changed her behaviour. Which seems extreme.

But yet, the leaks of the bullying allegations and the consistency of diva-ish behaviour are persistent, so it indicates that there's no smoke without a fire. My guess would be that she went into the RF with a clear plan of 'who' she was going to be, and with all the wedding prep, and the intensity of the plunge into Royal life and it's endless protocol, plus public scrutiny probably did exacerbate any diva traits, and probably se had quite a few tantrums/strops, but I really don't think that a) she assaulted a dressmaker or b) threw a cup of tea at a government official in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Who knows? I did read before that she has the qualifications but is not registered anywhere. Also I went to college with someone who has a past conviction and is now working as a social worker. Past convictions don’t always automatically preclude you, and it would depend on the area she went into, ie rehabilitation or mental health (which I understand she did)
    It could also depend on how far back her record was.

I think it's a bit far fetched. Apologies for the reference, but : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5728553/Meghan-Markles-mother-Doria-reportedly-quits-job-ahead-royal-wedding.html

And the slap rumour, come off it. They're obvs both spoiled, entitled and the interview was a monumentally bad idea but the whole Royal Family circus is it's own worst enemy and this narrative of "Finding Freedom" and the "Firm" is just another ridiculous part of that. One can't live without the other.

Neyite wrote: »
    I find it really hard to believe as well. She's had a long career where getting along with colleagues, assistants, bosses and all that will have shown her the importance of interacting civilly with people. There's no reports of her doing these kind of things when she was acting. If she was going around slapping and throwing drinks at subordinates, you'd have heard of a few scalded or slapped makeup artists or other set staff suing the daylights out of her for it, or selling their story to a US/CA rag.

The only way it could have happened is if she got a massive ego trip on landing Harry and formed the opinion that royalty should behave like Henry VIII towards peasants and servants and changed her behaviour. Which seems extreme.

But yet, the leaks of the bullying allegations and the consistency of diva-ish behaviour are persistent, so it indicates that there's no smoke without a fire. My guess would be that she went into the RF with a clear plan of 'who' she was going to be, and with all the wedding prep, and the intensity of the plunge into Royal life and it's endless protocol, plus public scrutiny probably did exacerbate any diva traits, and probably se had quite a few tantrums/strops, but I really don't think that a) she assaulted a dressmaker or b) threw a cup of tea at a government official in Australia.

Any of the Hollywood stars Harvey Weinstein worked with who spoke about him personally before the revelations gushed about how fantastic he was though! That's the problem with narcissists, they often can be extremely likeable and can't do enough for people who they think will help their image or career. That's how they rise to the top of the corporate or political ladder, they know who is below, equal or above them and treat them accordingly.

How would you monetise it though? She was a future duchess and world famous, you're a junior at a massive and prestigious brand who would probably kill to avoid such a publicity nightmare about their assistants possible behaviour or story telling. The only other witnesses have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by backing you. How would you see yourself coming out of this? A few grand for a greasy tell all in a tabloid in return for a career ending breach of confidentiality?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Any of the Hollywood stars Harvey Weinstein worked with who spoke about him personally before the revelations gushed about how fantastic he was though! That's the problem with narcissists, they often can be extremely likeable and can't do enough for people who they think will help their image or career. That's how they rise to the top of the corporate or political ladder, they know who is below, equal or above them and treat them accordingly.

True, but he was top of the pile and had the power to blacklist anyone who didn't tow the line for him. She was an ensemble actress on a streaming series, so didn't have that kind of clout he had to cover up unacceptable behaviour.

I agree that she probably is very selective of who she uses her charm on, but I really do think that if she was physically abusive to people before this, it would have come out while she was dating Harry and didn't have the clout of the RF to quash any unpalatable press.

• Advertisement

I don’t believe she was ever physically violent towards another either. I think she is cleverer than that, and is manipulative and exploitative of people in ways which can often be more soul destroying than a slap across the face. I believe the bullying rumours however, and I believe she is the type of person to pile on the pressure and who you can never do enough for and nothing is ever right.

Advertisement