Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

An assault accusation or charge wouldn't sit well with a narcissist.

Best keep the sweet public face and smile as you throw around insults and accusations yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    How would you monetise it though? She was a future duchess and world famous, you're a junior at a massive and prestigious brand who would probably kill to avoid such a publicity nightmare about their assistants possible behaviour or story telling. The only other witnesses have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by backing you. How would you see yourself coming out of this? A few grand for a greasy tell all in a tabloid in return for a career ending breach of confidentiality?

Step 1 report assault, step 2 lawyer up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Neyite wrote: »
    I find it really hard to believe as well. She's had a long career where getting along with colleagues, assistants, bosses and all that will have shown her the importance of interacting civilly with people. There's no reports of her doing these kind of things when she was acting. If she was going around slapping and throwing drinks at subordinates, you'd have heard of a few scalded or slapped makeup artists or other set staff suing the daylights out of her for it, or selling their story to a US/CA rag.

The only way it could have happened is if she got a massive ego trip on landing Harry and formed the opinion that royalty should behave like Henry VIII towards peasants and servants and changed her behaviour. Which seems extreme.

But yet, the leaks of the bullying allegations and the consistency of diva-ish behaviour are persistent, so it indicates that there's no smoke without a fire. My guess would be that she went into the RF with a clear plan of 'who' she was going to be, and with all the wedding prep, and the intensity of the plunge into Royal life and it's endless protocol, plus public scrutiny probably did exacerbate any diva traits, and probably se had quite a few tantrums/strops, but I really don't think that a) she assaulted a dressmaker or b) threw a cup of tea at a government official in Australia.

I dont know about physical violence either, but the royal family are powerful enough to be able to make a lot of stuff go away. Look at Harry, no one who was at any of the parties in Vegas with him has ever come forward for example. Allegedly every last one of them was tracked down and made to sign NDAs.

I did read something about a designer/stylist maybe who was alleging she received abusive emails from her years ago. Be interesting to see if anything comes out now that she might not have that protection.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I dont know about physical violence either, but the royal family are powerful enough to be able to make a lot of stuff go away. Look at Harry, no one who was at any of the parties in Vegas with him has ever come forward for example. Allegedly every last one of them was tracked down and made to sign NDAs.

I did read something about a designer/stylist maybe who was alleging she received abusive emails from her years ago. Be interesting to see if anything comes out now that she might not have that protection.

I agree, plenty of stuff can get whisked away never to see the light of day again. Harry wasn't breaking any laws though in Vegas so while I think they can track down the guests to sign NDAs to prevent embarrassment for the RF, I don't know if they would risk exposure from a legal point of view by tracking down people who could allege one of them is breaking a law - such as physical assault, or employment law such as bullying. If they could, or thought they could get away with it, they'd have done it years ago with the Andrew allegations and made sure they never saw the light of day.

If they were making people sign NDAs to cover up criminal behaviour and it came to light it would be the absolute end of the RF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I doubt Meghan’s mother did jail time. There are lots of databases that would have that information. That would be leaked in no time if it was true.

• Advertisement

I doubt Meghan’s mother did jail time. There are lots of databases that would have that information. That would be leaked in no time if it was true.

Meghan lived with her dad while Doria was working as a flight attendant. Wasn’t Kates mum one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Lillyfae wrote: »
    Her mother is a social worker- how would that be possible if she had a criminal record?

Found this. You can apparently under Californian law if you haven't any criminal records from the last 7 years with certain restrictions of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Meghan lived with her dad while Doria was working as a flight attendant. Wasn’t Kates mum one too?

‘Twas her dad that was a pilot I believe. I read that post a page or two back of the allegations about Meghan and it could be all bollocks or there may be a bit of truth to it. Most of the names I don’t recognise.

Kate's father was a pilot, her mother was an air hostess back when they were called that.

Carole Middleton was mocked in the papers for daring to work in such a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

• Advertisement

Oh dear, I'm sure she's very contrite ...

Silly meggers making a false claim during the interview to give her side of the story. No doubt she'll get Oprah back to clarify this and other discrepancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh dear, I'm sure she's very contrite ...

Silly meggers making a false claim during the interview to give her side of the story. No doubt she'll get Oprah back to clarify this and other discrepancies.
    Lol, "we actually didn't get married in the garden either."

To thine own self be true

Lol, "we actually didn't get married in the garden either."

And "I might have mixed up when and how many times someone asked about the colour of our baby's skin" and "Yes, I did actually Google Haz before I engineered our first meeting".

No doubt Oprah is practicing her shocked face in front of the mirror.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well we knew this at the time it was said that she was wrong. If they are back peddling on this then it’s fair to make the claim they were wrong on other claims.

giphy.gif

All I can see everytime I see footage of her is Eamon deValera with those glasses.

All I can see everytime I see footage of her is Eamon deValera with those glasses.

That might get a real shocked face, comparing her to a dead, white, Catholic Irish man. :D:D

Meghan will say you're racist of course ...

That might get a real shocked face, comparing her to a dead, white, Catholic Irish man. :D:D

Meghan will say you're racist of course ...

Misappropriation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ian Wright for me. Try to unsee it.

Ian Wright for me. Try to unsee it.

I can't since someone else mentioned it. It's uncanny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Neyite wrote: »
    I find it really hard to believe as well. She's had a long career where getting along with colleagues, assistants, bosses and all that will have shown her the importance of interacting civilly with people. There's no reports of her doing these kind of things when she was acting. If she was going around slapping and throwing drinks at subordinates, you'd have heard of a few scalded or slapped makeup artists or other set staff suing the daylights out of her for it, or selling their story to a US/CA rag.

The only way it could have happened is if she got a massive ego trip on landing Harry and formed the opinion that royalty should behave like Henry VIII towards peasants and servants and changed her behaviour. Which seems extreme.

But yet, the leaks of the bullying allegations and the consistency of diva-ish behaviour are persistent, so it indicates that there's no smoke without a fire. My guess would be that she went into the RF with a clear plan of 'who' she was going to be, and with all the wedding prep, and the intensity of the plunge into Royal life and it's endless protocol, plus public scrutiny probably did exacerbate any diva traits, and probably se had quite a few tantrums/strops, but I really don't think that a) she assaulted a dressmaker or b) threw a cup of tea at a government official in Australia.

But have you heard about any Harry's rude behaviour before he met Meghan? People can change in certain circumstances fairly quickly.

Have you heard about Stanford prison experiment? It had to be aborted only after few days because people had changed so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

JoChervil wrote: »
    But have you heard about any Harry's rude behaviour before he met Meghan? People can change in certain circumstances fairly quickly.

Have you heard about Stanford prison experiment? It had to be aborted only after few days because people had changed so much.

No it didn't. It was aborted because the professor's girlfriend brought up the issue of it being unethical. It's also largely been discredited. You should read about it - it's very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Ok but what’s Harry’s excuse? Did he ‘misunderstand’ protocol, having lived it for his entire life, hahah.

Edit to add - all of the focus is on Meghan as a manipulator, but I’m starting to think Harry is actually worse. He knew what he was doing to his family with these lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Multipass wrote: »
    Ok but what’s Harry’s excuse? Did he ‘misunderstand’ protocol, having lived it for his entire life, hahah.

Edit to add - all of the focus is on Meghan as a manipulator, but I’m starting to think Harry is actually worse. He knew what he was doing to his family with these lies.

All that is needed for evil to thrive is for good men to standby and do nothing.

Not that I’m saying Harry is a model of a human being - he is weak, cowed by his wife and may have totally delusional woke attitudes.

There are two of then in this. If he’d spoken up or made corrections during the interview ( even at that stage) he might still have a father, brother or grandmother that were interested in knowing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Multipass wrote: »

He's been brainwashed. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, bless him, so it probably didn't take much effort on her part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Saw this online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

No it didn't. It was aborted because the professor's girlfriend brought up the issue of it being unethical. It's also largely been discredited. You should read about it - it's very interesting.

I don't want to derail the thread. I only wanted to say that people had changed very quickly irrespectively who put a final straw on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

All that is needed for evil to thrive is for good men to standby and do nothing.

Not that I’m saying Harry is a model of a human being - he is weak, cowed by his wife and may have totally delusional woke attitudes.

There are two of then in this. If he’d spoken up or made corrections during the interview ( even at that stage) he might still have a father, brother or grandmother that were interested in knowing him.

Nail on head. He's compromised himself with her. I predict they'll be divorced within 10 years as he slowly becomes a shell of a man.

ek motor wrote: »
    Nail on head. He's compromised himself with her. I predict they'll be divorced within 10 years as he slowly becomes a shell of a man.

You are very generous giving them 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

ek motor wrote: »

He’s a shell already.

Advertisement