Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

You are very generous giving them 10 years.

She'll be well gone by then. On the look out for husband no 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She'll be well gone by then. On the look out for husband no 3!

Most definitely. She is a destructive person so it’s only a matter of time. I can’t see them having long term stability.

Most definitely. She is a destructive person so it’s only a matter of time. I can’t see them having long term stability.

It seems to be all about what she wants and he doesn't get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So 17m people (I don't even know if that figure is the US figures only!) watched M and H drop explosive allegations against his family and traditions.
    Can an interview be please arranged now with Oprah for similar viewing numbers so that M and H can come out and clarify what Scobie says they may have got wrong in relation to the line of succession?
    Can this interview also please ask them to clarify why they doubled down on the claim they had a garden marriage?

It really makes me angry when a tabloid newspaper say, splashes some sensational headline across its front page. Then when they have to refute a claim, there's a tiny little paragraph buried on page 2 refuting and apologising for the incorrect story that hundreds of thousands of people bought the paper to read about.
    This my friends, smacks of very similar!

To thine own self be true

Even if they did do that, the damage is already done. A story, once told, can never really be retold. And so their story will always be shaped by its first telling. What has settled in people’s conscience now (well, those that believe their side) is that the RF are lying racists who didn’t help a suicidal pregnant woman when she asked for help. Even if they did come out now and say they got things wrong and misunderstood, there will be some factions who believe they are being forced to recant and only doing so out of pressure. Unless something explosive happens, like they separate and Harry finally grows his pair back and spills all, the narrative they have produced with Oprah is the one that will stick.

• Advertisement

If they do split, I wonder which one Oprah will want to interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,916 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Where did 10 years come from I taught people were going 1 to 5. Hedging there bets. I say the other 2 will divorce first

Where did 10 years come from I taught people were going 1 to 5. Hedging there bets. I say the other 2 will divorce first

Wills and Kate? Ah I hope not. They seem steady. They’re together 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Meghan will eviscerate poor auld Harry when it comes to the divorce she'll keep the kids and live of him and whatever money he has while she claws into some other sap.

It'd be 24/7 Oprah soundbites against him and his character. So say thats why hes smiling and nodding a divorce will leave whatever measly reputation he has in tatters.

To be honest, I really don't think they will. Even if they separated, I think they will be slow to divorce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Not a chance for a divorce. They both have their Moons in Cancer (ruled by Moon, so very strong there) - sign of family. Family is of the most importance for them. It fulfils them entirely emotionally. William has also Sun there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

JoChervil wrote: »
    Not a chance for a divorce. They both have their Moons in Cancer (ruled by Moon, so very strong there) - sign of family. Family is of the most importance for them. It fulfils them entirely emotionally. William has also Sun there.

Arra stop! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

They’ll stay together, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Kate knew what she was getting into and, more importantly, she wanted it.

It seems Meggers just wanted privilege and adulation.

Kate knew what she was getting into and, more importantly, she wanted it.

It seems Meggers just wanted privilege and adulation.

In fairness, I do think Kate was prepared in ways it would hard for Meghan to be. Even just having a British education alone would give her a decent grounding in the stuffy, protocol-infused British royal family. An American would already be on the back foot there. She would have that knowledge before she even began to date a royal. And then, she and William dated for such a long time before getting engaged. I think nobody believes that Meghan didn’t google Harry and the royal family but I find it easy to believe that Meghan would be pretty naive of how staid and suffocating the institution actually is and the courtship wasn’t really long enough for her to bed in and figure out if it was really for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

In fairness, I do think Kate was prepared in ways it would hard for Meghan to be. Even just having a British education alone would give her a decent grounding in the stuffy, protocol-infused British royal family. An American would already be on the back foot there. She would have that knowledge before she even began to date a royal. And then, she and William dated for such a long time before getting engaged. I think nobody believes that Meghan didn’t google Harry and the royal family but I find it easy to believe that Meghan would be pretty naive of how staid and suffocating the institution actually is and the courtship wasn’t really long enough for her to bed in and figure out if it was really for her.

Okay, maybe a bit stuffy, but I've heard the Queen's Corgis are extremely affable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But what's more, Meghan didn't realise that her aids were not her slaves, hence bulling allegations...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think Meghan believed she could be like those Hollywood movies where the "normal" girl enters the Monarchy, there's a few faux pas' as she learns the ropes that are found to be quite humorous and in the end she's able to open the entire Monarchy's eyes to the "real" world and everyone would change to her way of being and she's loved by everyone for it.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think Meghan believed she could be like those Hollywood movies where the "normal" girl enters the Monarchy, there's a few faux pas' as she learns the ropes that are found to be quite humorous and in the end she's able to open the entire Monarchy's eyes to the "real" world and everyone would change to her way of being and she's loved by everyone for it.

Or the real life version of the Princess dairies.

She was a no show at that Vax concert they held in the States. Just Harry showed up.

Yeah, she did betray that mindset a bit in the Oprah interview when she said “It’s not like the movies where they teach you to curtsy”. I’m paraphrasing but it was something to that effect. No Meghan, it most certainly is not like that. There’s no montage. How the fuck did Harry not clue her in more? By all accounts, William was very careful to make sure Kate knew what being in the royal family entailed. And apparently Chelsy Davy vamoosed from her relationship with Harry to avoid that hassle.

• Advertisement

Or the real life version of the Princess dairies.

She was a no show at that Vax concert they held in the States. Just Harry showed up.

She's heavily pregnant so I wouldn't expect her there.

Probably get more attention by staying away. Poor Meghan. I hope that she’s alright after the racist Brit RF gave Haz the cold shoulder and sent him home with a flea in his ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

She certainly won’t be getting anything she wanted from the next two generations of kings. They’ll make sure of that for certain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She certainly won’t be getting anything she wanted from the next two generations of kings. They’ll make sure of that for certain now.

Well doesn’t look like it. Maybe Charles will be alright but I doubt William will be okay.

I think she was meant to attend alongside Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Maybe my definition of 'heavily pregnant' is incorrect but I would've said you're only 'heavily pregnant' when you're literally about to give birth. She's not due for another couple of months I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

bunny_mac wrote: »
    Maybe my definition of 'heavily pregnant' is incorrect but I would've said you're only 'heavily pregnant' when you're literally about to give birth. She's not due for another couple of months I thought.

She knows the interview has actually backfired on her mainly so she's keeping a low profile while sending Harry around the place to keep their "brand" live.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

She knows the interview has actually backfired on her mainly so she's keeping a low profile while sending Harry around the place to keep their "brand" live.

It's backfired massively in the UK but I'm not sure that it has backfired for them in America at all. Any time I've seen Americans on FB comment on a H&M article, they are firmly in her camp that the RF are a shower of awful racists and were terrible to them.

But it's clear that many don't 'get' the distinction between being a royal and being a celebrity. They just see an overbearing family imposing rules on a black woman and don't want to look even further than that. And even when it's pointed out to them that Kate had all of that, and less support from the palace it's just ignored. They want to believe the narrative that it's racism at the root of it and unwilling to hear otherwise.

I don't think that Meghan cares what the people of the UK think about her. I doubt she ever wants to go back there. So this is fine as far as she is concerned. Except that by her getting this, Harry loses out on the goodwill and the affection that the people of the UK had for him - and being back home for the funeral probably gave him a bit of a land that way.

Having said that, he's a stubborn fcuker. William tried to warn him to prepare Meghan the way Kate had been, and not to rush into it- not because William thought they weren't right for each other, but because he knew the press onslaught they would face and how their life would dramatically change once they became engaged and married. But he probably wanted the ring on Meghan's finger before she really got wind of what was ahead of her and bailed like his previous girlfriends did.

It's on her husband though. So maybe she's got every right to try and salvage something out of it in the US, and if he loses out in the process, it's not much different to what he expected of her in the UK when you think about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I have updated the OP of this thread with a list of threadbanned users, I would advise posters to check on this before posting in the thread again or a forum sanction will be imposed for breaching same.

If you want to discuss your threadban feel free to PM the banning mod (or myself if you can't remember who that is and I'll point you in the right direction).

• Advertisement

She has written a children's book about family bonds.

Advertisement