Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

She is completely and utterly delusional and she isn’t the only one. And this book has just made her even more of a laughing stock than she previously was.

she's not no clearly as everything points to her more being unfamiliar with certain things in relation to the royal institution, rather then being over all delusional.
    the book won't really make any difference to her as those interested in it will buy it and those who aren't won't, and most of us won't care either way to be honest.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

Are you kidding ??? Rich kids ...with a life of absolute financial and job certainty when they are born. I don't feel sorry for them.

Seriously? You think money is the answer to everything? Believe me, I'd rather be a pauper from a 'normal' family than a rich kid from a hugely dysfunctional one. Especially with a narc for a mother. Those poor kids are fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Corrupt doesn’t equate to racism.

Yeah he did but apparently that’s all okay now for some bizarre reason because he’s with Meghan. Or that’s my understanding anyway.

The current generation are well documented racists ?
    Prince andrew and prince charles are yup

And this is while on official duty in well monitored conditions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2018/apr/19/prince-charles-brown-skin-british-people-head-of-commonwealth

Prince andrew is on the record for many racist comments. Bear in mind this is NOT in their private time ..it is while they are on official duty.

Prince Andrew made comments about arabs at a state dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

she's not no clearly as everything points to her more being unfamiliar with certain things in relation to the royal institution, rather then being over all delusional.
    the book won't really make any difference to her as those interested in it will buy it and those who aren't won't, and most of us won't care either way to be honest.

Most people are just laughing at her because she has the gall to release a book about family bonds a few weeks after trashing her husband’s whole family on tv while one of them lay dying in hospital. She also only invited one of her own family members to her wedding because they’re all so dysfunctional and messed up. Her hypocrisy knows no bounds. Any defence of her behaviour at this point is mind boggling. I guess people feel so deeply dug in now in defence of her ridiculousness that they can’t lose face

bunny_mac wrote: »
    Seriously? You think money is the answer to everything? Believe me, I'd rather be a pauper from a 'normal' family than a rich kid from a hugely dysfunctional one. Especially with a narc for a mother. Those poor kids are fecked.
    They won't be raised entirely by their mother. They will have nannies. The best schools and all the rest.

NO family is normal.

You think poor people don't have family dysfunction? They do they don't get the luxury of analyzing it for a therapist though.

How many poor people grow up with drug addicts or dealers for parents?

ANd i am not sure why you think Meghan is a drug dealer (narc) ...her half nephew is.

• Advertisement

bunny_mac wrote: »

well given from anything i have saw, including the actual confirmed trates of such, she isn't a narc, or at least is doing such a rubbish job of it that calling her one is the same as trying to put a square peg into a circle hole, i'm sure the kids will be fine.

Most people are just laughing at her because she has the gall to release a book about family bonds a few weeks after trashing her husband’s whole family on tv while one of them lay dying in hospital. She also only invited one of her own family members to her wedding because they’re all so dysfunctional and messed up. Her hypocrisy knows no bounds. Any defence of her behaviour at this point is mind boggling. I guess people feel so deeply dug in now in defence of her ridiculousness that they can’t lose face
    She is tacky but she is no worse than a kardashian tbh.

i doubt it.
    i would suspect most people couldn't care a less either way and have long moved on at this stage.
    the fact her family have a lot of disfunctional members is unfortunate but ultimately using that to try and criticise her shows how lacking ultimately some arguments criticising her are.
    nothing hypocritical here, plenty of people unfortunately have issues with either 1 or many relatives for whatever reason, but they can still talk in relation to certain aspects more then those of us who thankfully haven't experienced such issues and they can still talk in relation to family relations.

They won't be raised entirely by their mother. They will have nannies. The best schools and all the rest.

NO family is normal.

You think poor people don't have family dysfunction? They do they don't get the luxury of analyzing it for a therapist though.

How many poor people grow up with drug addicts or dealers for parents?

ANd i am not sure why you think Meghan is a drug dealer (narc) ...her half nephew is.

they mean narcissist rather then drug dealer.
    the idea that she is a narcissist is a narrative which has been going around on the thread for a while but from anything i have saw, at the moment at least, it doesn't look credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Actually she is worse because in all these she is still pretending to be a compassionate Mother Teresa

And I agree with retro:electro. She is delusional.

I met few people writing books, like a cancer patient writing about their successful recovery, a girl in a difficult relationship writing about changing her man, etc. I felt that they were writing these books to conjure reality.

So in that sense she is delusional. I feel that she wrote this book also just to believe in this strong bond, which will keep Harry hostage till she needs him.

But mainly for profit using all possible angles and titles.

• Advertisement

they mean narcissist rather then drug dealer.
    the idea that she is a narcissist is a narrative which has been going around on the thread for a while but from anything i have saw, at the moment at least, it doesn't look credible.
    Oh sorry!

Of course she is a low grade narcissist all actors are really. But that doesn't make her a bad person. Lots of you have parents who are narcissists.

She is no worse than the average person ...tbh the royal family is no worse than a lot of white people in general ...but they are supposedly to represent the best of the uk ...in an official manner ..they come off very amateurish tbh and very little gravitas.

If a social worker did a home visit they would find nothing to worry about though. Its just a normal amount of crazy.

Slightly off topic ...but i wonder how irish in the north will react ..when charles becomes king which is likely sooner than later

him being a member of a certain regiment etc ...i say it will boil some people's blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

JoChervil wrote: »
    Actually she is worse because in all these she is still pretending to be a compassionate Mother Teresa

Yes well, to add insult to injury, Mother Teresa's star has begun to seriously wane. Time for an upgrade.

JoChervil wrote: »

Doesn't the entire royal family do that? They are paid to do charity so they say (which kind of makes it not charity).

They all pretend to be mother Teresa. Maybe they are closer to the real mother teresa. Just goes to show don't try to be anyone but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I actually dont care about her writing a book. In the scheme of things its not the worst thing she has done. However, a book about family bonds is pretty laughable coming from her. Had she not done the interview I would have said fair play to her, trying to earn a bit of cash writing a childrens book, harmless.
    The book is about the bond between fathers and chlidren is it? How is that bond between Harry and his father(for the sake of argument ;p ) now eh Markle? After you hoofing an enourmous wedge between them?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Well the Kardashians at least have a strong sense of family and loyalty to each other, even when they are at each other's throats they don't trash each other. And when they do need to oust someone, their PR game is actually very skilled in that they are excellent at positioning themselves as the good guys. They could probably teach H&M a lot about how to monetise their image.

Writing a book about father-child bonds is leaving herself quite open to much criticism given that she has no relationship with her father, and Harry's one with his sole surviving parent is on seriously rocky ground due to their actions.

It's fair to criticise their behaviour and actions I don't think articles on her body parts that she's self concious about are right at all, but it's the Daily Mail so there's no low they can't stoop to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh sorry!

Of course she is a low grade narcissist all actors are really. But that doesn't make her a bad person. Lots of you have parents who are narcissists.

She is no worse than the average person ...tbh the royal family is no worse than a lot of white people in general ...but they are supposedly to represent the best of the uk ...in an official manner ..they come off very amateurish tbh and very little gravitas.

If a social worker did a home visit they would find nothing to worry about though. Its just a normal amount of crazy.

So accusing at least 3* innocent people of racism sits well with you? People are loosing their jobs nowadays because of such accusations. It is extremely harmful. And she knows it because her closest friend from Canada had her life ruined because of it, so she knew what she was doing.

* one racist while there are at least 4 senior members of RF

Doesn't the entire royal family do that? They are paid to do charity so they say (which kind of makes it not charity).

They all pretend to be mother Teresa. Maybe they are closer to the real mother teresa. Just goes to show don't try to be anyone but yourself.

They do charity work but they don't say any second world how compassionate they are, how they want to promote compassion etc. Look at Sussexes' website it is all about compassion. So then more is expected from them. Because you can't bask in a glory of compassion, if you are the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Hahahahaha she’s busted once more. Of course anyone critical of her will be definitely deemed jealous or the old faithful racist. Maybe Meghan wrote her book 3 days before the other book. Hahahahaha how embarrassing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

This looks like it might be an interesting watch, might put it in the planner for the weekend.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/meghan-harry-recollections-may-vary-discovery-1234962937/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That’s damning with faint praise!

lrushe wrote: »
    This looks like it might be an interesting watch, might put it in the planner for the weekend.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/global/meghan-harry-recollections-may-vary-discovery-1234962937/

I like the sound of that. Although I've lost interest in the pair of them the last few weeks and am instead engrossed in William and Kate gossip and speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I like the sound of that. Although I've lost interest in the pair of them the last few weeks and am instead engrossed in William and Kate gossip and speculation.
    What gossip and speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Really, what goss?

The only thing I've seen on them lately is that video for the their anniversary which looked more like an ad for M&S, I was just waiting for the tag line at the end...
    This is no ordinary royal family, this is the British royal family :D

:D

Let me find link.

I actually dont care about her writing a book. In the scheme of things its not the worst thing she has done. However, a book about family bonds is pretty laughable coming from her. Had she not done the interview I would have said fair play to her, trying to earn a bit of cash writing a childrens book, harmless.
    The book is about the bond between fathers and chlidren is it? How is that bond between Harry and his father(for the sake of argument ;p ) now eh Markle? After you hoofing an enourmous wedge between them?

When I introduced their now step father to my 7 and 8 year old children, they bonded. Not on a bench, but through shared life experiences. Homework, household chores, sports, school run, eventually Disco runs.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I totally read that in a Lady Whistledown voice. :pac:

• Advertisement

Hahahahaha she’s busted once more. Of course anyone critical of her will be definitely deemed jealous or the old faithful racist. Maybe Meghan wrote her book 3 days before the other book. Hahahahaha how embarrassing :P

Well, writing one sentence on the page doesn't take much time. 40 sentences can be written in an hour. And this book looks like composed in a rush with flipped pictures...

Advertisement