Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

I read a comment on the DM that said all the chat about Wills had been proved to be a lie and the source found.. The poster never responded when I asked for link nor could I find any online chat were the source revoked their statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JoChervil wrote: »
    Actually she is worse because in all these she is still pretending to be a compassionate Mother Teresa

is she?
    she could be, but realistically i wouldn't be able to tell from a simple tv interview as it wouldn't be enough to gauge the personality of someone over all.
    even if she is, that actually wouldn't be worse then other celebrities, given some would feel that celebrities aren't always genuine in their attempts to be compassionate.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

I read a comment on the DM that said all the chat about Wills had been proved to be a lie and the source found.. The poster never responded when I asked for link nor could I find any online chat were the source revoked their statement.

It could be all a pile of rubbish.

Regards comments and stories I don't believe it's possible to be in the public eye and there be no snippets of your life made public. The Royals have friends, people who they would encounter through work or socially. It isn't a stretch to think things get said and end up in a tabloid or blog.

Even I, a regular person, am privy to bits of information about certain people. If I were the sort I could comment on such sites and blogs with my experience and knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Regards comments and stories I don't believe it's possible to be in the public eye and there be no snippets of your life made public. The Royals have friends, people who they would encounter through work or socially. It isn't a stretch to think things get said and end up in a tabloid or blog.

Even I, a regular person, am privy to bits of information about certain people. If I were the sort I could comment on such sites and blogs with my experience and knowledge.

Very true. Given the media push of them (H&M) against (W&K) I would have expected a few articles to be wrote about how Wills was the ever faithful husband /family man. I mean there has been enough wrote about his supposed affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I agree, but they would be snippets of regular life, not of an affair. Affairs are usually kept secret. Especially if they were neighbours. Why they would reveal it to others?

Though William could have confided to Harry...

• Advertisement

is she?
    she could be, but realistically i wouldn't be able to tell from a simple tv interview as it wouldn't be enough to gauge the personality of someone over all.
    even if she is, that actually wouldn't be worse then other celebrities, given some would feel that celebrities aren't always genuine in their attempts to be compassionate.

I don’t talk about her personality here. H&M chose “compassion” for the motto of their brand. Other celebrities don’t have such aim, so I don’t judge them in that matter.

And yes this interview is enough to see, if they are truly compassionate or not.

Compassionate person in my book wouldn’t throw Queen’s family under the bus, while her husband was dying.

Compassionate person doesn’t inflict hurt throwing damaging unsupported accusations.

Such person doesn’t do it simply because is empathetic towards others pain and cares about others. So if such person does it, it means that is completely insensitive, so far from compassionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I don’t talk about her personality here. H&M chose “compassion” for the motto of their brand. Other celebrities don’t have such aim, so I don’t judge them in that matter.

And yes this interview is enough to see, if they are truly compassionate or not.

Compassionate person in my book wouldn’t throw Queen’s family under the bus, while her husband was dying.

Compassionate person doesn’t inflict hurt throwing damaging unsupported accusations.

Such person doesn’t do it simply because is empathetic towards others pain and cares about others. So if such person does it, it means that is completely insensitive, so far from compassionate.

Have to agree here.

If compassion is their motto, knowing Phillip had gone in to hospital before the interview they should have requested the interview be postponed from airing irrespective of the contractual implications to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Have to agree here.

If compassion is their motto, knowing Phillip had gone in to hospital before the interview they should have requested the interview be postponed from airing irrespective of the contractual implications to them.

They knew exactly what they were doing. They needed to absolve themselves of any blame or wrongdoing for their brand re-launch and put it all on the royal family before their commercial projects took off.

They likely knew they couldn't do a sneaky and vindictive interview after Philip had just died so it was critical to get it out before he passed away or it would have to wait at least a year. This way they could say 'jeeez, we had no idea he was that sick'. There's no time for sentimentality or loyalty to family when it comes to your brand image :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

She's someone who completely turned her back on her sick dad so I can't see why she would show compassion towards towards Harry's family. She does come across as a very cold and selfish person.

So accusing at least 3* innocent people of racism sits well with you? People are loosing their jobs nowadays because of such accusations. It is extremely harmful. And she knows it because her closest friend from Canada had her life ruined because of it, so she knew what she was doing.

* one racist while there are at least 4 senior members of RF

In 2021 being tagged as a racist is like getting a modern form of leprosy.

No company will ever want to risk their brand by associating with a person accused of racism.

People say it's lost its meaning and should be a badge of honour, blah blah blah. Maybe among sane people. But most mainstream institutions don't think like that. They trust that when a not-for-profit organisation reports someone as a racist, that the NFP is telling the truth and must be believe in order to protect others from harm.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Have to agree here.

Carole Middleton managed to shelve her interview out of respect for the RF during Philip's illness. Hers had nothing to do with the RF, it was entirely about their business.

A 99 year old man gets discharged from hospital after a month of treatment, he's getting sent home to spend his final weeks with his family. Doctors would have told everyone this. H&M knew, just like presumably Carole Middleton knew, or if you didn't know, you'd make an educated guess and err on the side of caution.

I don't even think that their interview would have been the real bombshell to the royals, the real hurt will have came from the deliberate timing of it while Philip was dying.

Have to agree here.

552398.png

In the video William and Catherine posted yesterday on their new YouTube channel, William is hugging a black man. Little dig, perhaps?!

552398.png

Pass me the sick bucket! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bunny_mac

552398.png

What a load of twaddle. What the hell is a 'creative activation'?!

bunny_mac wrote: »
    What a load of twaddle. What the hell is a 'creative activation'?!

Pretending to do actual work? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

552398.png

I will say that companies and brands have mastered to art of using a lot of words to say very little. I mean is brevity with the dodo or what ? What does that actually mean in the real world. I’m sure ye all know wwe. Anyway the brand officer was asked a question and I’m sure the answer made sense to her, but she gave a long spiel and it meant nothing.

See what we are up to? No good, possibly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

No good, possibly!!

SFA, likely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

In the video William and Catherine posted yesterday on their new YouTube channel, William is hugging a black man. Little dig, perhaps?!
    The blacks, a great bunch of lads

Not a racist

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I will say that companies and brands have mastered to art of using a lot of words to say very little. I mean is brevity with the dodo or what ? What does that actually mean in the real world. I’m sure ye all know wwe. Anyway the brand officer was asked a question and I’m sure the answer made sense to her, but she gave a long spiel and it meant nothing.

It's a meaningless word salad.

See what we are up to? No good, possibly!!

Counting their silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

552398.png

“Tell me you’re a big feckin arsehole without telling me you’re a big feckin arsehole”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Neyite wrote: »
    It's a meaningless word salad.

Yes, but its also meant to appeal to corporate donors and customers. The kind who say they are tackling 'racism' or 'sexism' by 'leveraging vectors within our core values in order to aggregate pathways into meaningful dialogue' and other bullsh1tology. You don't have to prove how much practical work you did when the actions you promised are totally incomprehensible to begin with. The upshot is it looks like they are accomplishing great things just by having their names beside each other in press releases and they don't have to have any actual evidence of work done. Harry and Meghan are signalling they are in the same game, by talking about how bad things are over Zoom, miracles will happen by osmosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

She's someone who completely turned her back on her sick dad so I can't see why she would show compassion towards towards Harry's family. She does come across as a very cold and selfish person.

she turned her back on her father because he tried to imotionally black mail her and kept selling stuff to the media.
    and has it been proved he was actually sick? my understanding is that is that there were questions over it.
    look, thomas markle actually doesn't deserve your sympathy, he brought this all on himself and he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter.
    behave like a proper parent.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

she turned her back on her father because he tried to imotionally black mail her and kept selling stuff to the media.
    and has it been proved he was actually sick? my understanding is that is that there were questions over it.
    look, thomas markle actually doesn't deserve your sympathy, he brought this all on himself and he knows what he needs to do if he wants a relationship with his daughter.
    behave like a proper parent.

I can't see how it's different from what she and Harry did in their interview with Oprah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

“Tell me you’re a big feckin arsehole without telling me you’re a big feckin arsehole”

Creative activations? Do they mean activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pretending to do actual work? :)

An imaginary activity?

• Advertisement
Advertisement