Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh what happened there? I’m not familiar with her really

She insisted his death wasn't due to natural causes, and drugs were involved. I'm paraphrasing here but she said "Healthy young men simply do not die in their sleep".

This was before the autopsy results became available.

ETA: The article is hilarious though! :D

She should stick to writing on bananas

I don't get the reference here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

This is what it means..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She wrote messages like “you are kind” and you are loved” on bananas being delivered in food packages to sex workers

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This is what it means..

Da fuq

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

A banana! A phallic fruit is just what a sex worker needs.

With an empowering message of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Oh what happened there? I’m not familiar with her really

She linked his death to him being gay even though the post mortem showed that he had a heart condition. All he had in his system the night he died was a bit of alcohol, if I recall. He and his husband had what sounded like a very tame post-pub party with a lad they met that night who just went to sleep on the sofa after a few drinks. She implied it was some sordid Bacchanal.

She bizarrely expanded on things by bringing up Matt Lucas’s husband who also died that year, seeing this as evidence of the danger of gay lifestyles despite the two cases having absolutely nothing to do with each other. In an article, maybe the same one, she also scoffed at Gately’s family for believing the results of the autopsy. Yes, Jan, how crazy his family were to believe the autopsy results over your diatribe. :rolleyes: It was just nasty, small-minded stuff.

Christ, I'd forgotten how bad it was when Stephen died!

It was incredibly disrespectful and almost personal for some reason. He always seemed like a sound lad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is what it means..

I was wondering what bananas meant.

This is actually brilliant. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9555451/Ready-Meg-time-story-JAN-MOIR-pens-affectionate-parody.html

“To my love, upon the occasion of becoming a father
    Come my love and tarry forth,
    Upon this bench we’ll perch.
    I’d never heard of you before we met,
    Despite my hundredth Google search.
    A Prince you say?
    A Duke to boot,
    well that’s just
    fine and dandy.
    I’m against unearned white privilege,
    unless it comes in handy.
    Let’s talk of the family we’ll raise,
    Our babe, our kith, our kin.
    Let’s speak of finding freedom,
    and play our victim violin.
    For this great symphony we have started,
    over nations it will cross
    And my love while you’re a father now,
    Don’t forget who’s boss”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

She linked his death to him being gay even though the post mortem showed that he had a heart condition. All he had in his system the night he died was a bit of alcohol, if I recall. He and his husband had what sounded like a very tame post-pub party with a lad they met that night who just went to sleep on the sofa after a few drinks. She implied it was some sordid Bacchanal.

She bizarrely expanded on things by bringing up Matt Lucas’s husband who also died that year, seeing this as evidence of the danger of gay lifestyles despite the two cases having absolutely nothing to do with each other. In an article, maybe the same one, she also scoffed at Gately’s family for believing the results of the autopsy. Yes, Jan, how crazy his family were to believe the autopsy results over your diatribe. :rolleyes: It was just nasty, small-minded stuff.

She is a piece of work for sure. I don't tend to read her articles but that poem is v funny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

'Equality', she wailed, from the back garden of her $14m mansion in her €2,000 dress and jewellery worth several thousands of any currency worth mentioning. Whoever won't be 'activated" by her sincere pleas for social justice has a heart of stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

More puke inducing pontificating from the twit and the narcissist.

And there we have it. Harry, from one of the most privileged, white families in the world, is now a male feminist, particularly in support of women of colour.

The pair of them are going to end up as caricatures at the rate they're spouting all this drivel.

While equality is good it does ring hollow coming from Harry and Meghan(and the royal family in general being honest) when they are in no danger of ever suffering from poverty or anything even remotely close to it. The thing is I don’t recall the British royal family being this tone deaf on this issue because they know how badly it would look.

And there we have it. Harry, from one of the most privileged, white families in the world, is now a male feminist, particularly in support of women of colour.

The pair of them are going to end up as caricatures at the rate they're spouting all this drivel.

Is the reboot of spitting image still going ? Imagine Harry and Meghan if the original crew were on the go. The queen mother being portrayed as being perpetually drunk and sounding like someone from Birmingham would seem tame.

It’s why I agreed with Ricky gervais at the golden globes. celebrities are in no position to lecture to the rest of us about doing the right thing. The holier then thou stuff isn’t a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭indioblack

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is the reboot of spitting image still going ? Imagine Harry and Meghan if the original crew were on the go. The queen mother being portrayed as being perpetually drunk and sounding like someone from Birmingham would seem tame.
    That character was based around the actress Beryl Reid with a Brummie accent.

indioblack wrote: »
    That character was based around the actress Beryl Reid with a Brummie accent.

Beryl Reid! That’s the name I was trying to remember. Thank you.

• Advertisement

Yesterday’s press release stated that Meghan had celebrated Mothers Day by donating diapers etc to homeless pregnant ladies and their babies.

However........ Reading through the article it states

“The donation announcement didn't say the value of what was contributed.

'Today, we are thrilled to have the support of Archewell Foundation, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Procter & Gamble, who are donating diapers, cleaning supplies, and other essential items to ensure that the moms and babies at Harvest Home are celebrated all throughout the year,' the caption of the post reads.

According to Harvest Home, the Mother’s Day surprise was accompanied by a personal letter from the Duchess, who is the mother of two-year-old Archie.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9560069/Meghan-Markle-celebrates-Mothers-Day-donating-diapers-homeless-mothers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yesterday’s press release stated that Meghan had celebrated Mothers Day by donating diapers etc to homeless pregnant ladies and their babies.

However........ Reading through the article it states

“The donation announcement didn't say the value of what was contributed.

'Today, we are thrilled to have the support of Archewell Foundation, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Procter & Gamble, who are donating diapers, cleaning supplies, and other essential items to ensure that the moms and babies at Harvest Home are celebrated all throughout the year,' the caption of the post reads.

According to Harvest Home, the Mother’s Day surprise was accompanied by a personal letter from the Duchess, who is the mother of two-year-old Archie.”
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9560069/Meghan-Markle-celebrates-Mothers-Day-donating-diapers-homeless-mothers.html

Was the personal letter wrote on bananas?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Was the personal letter wrote on bananas?

No. She saves the bananas for sex workers.

They have signed a deal with proctor and gamble for several years. Not sure what the deal involves.

They have signed a deal with proctor and gamble for several years. Not sure what the deal involves.

Free diapers for life.

One of the most notorious companies for animal testing. It seems their principles can dissipate for the right price.

One of the most notorious companies for animal testing. It seems their principles can dissipate for the right price.

She wasn't happy with them before!

Hilarious! They're pimping themselves out left, right and centre. Unfortunately, that strategy can ultimately make you very cheap and tawdry.

Ah so some companies aren’t okay until they can offer you money then ? Right got it.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah so some companies aren’t okay until they can offer you money publicity then ? Right got it.
    FYP

Advertisement