Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah so some companies aren’t okay until they can offer you money then ? Right got it.

If the price is right Meggy would call her child Proctor or Gamble.

Everything has a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

pjohnson wrote: »
    If the price is right Meggy would call her child Proctor or Gamble.

Everything has a price.

The girl will be called Diana and photos will be sold to the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Apparently it will be about:

The partnership will focus on gender equality and more inclusive online spaces
    The Sussexes said they would work to 'build more compassionate communities'
    Couple said they were on mission to bring more 'just future for women and girls'

As per

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9567471/Harry-Meghan-team-Procter-Gamble-build-compassionate-communities.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Apparently it will be about:

The partnership will focus on gender equality and more inclusive online spaces
    The Sussexes said they would work to 'build more compassionate communities'
    Couple said they were on mission to bring more 'just future for women and girls'

As per

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9567471/Harry-Meghan-team-Procter-Gamble-build-compassionate-communities.html

More buzz jargon...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are they actually able to speak without shoehorning the word “compassionate” in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Are they actually able to speak without shoehorning the word “compassionate” in?
    Repeat something often enough still doesnt make it true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

“Compassionate” hahahahahahah. That does make me laugh. What a pair of plonkers.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's fairly clear now why the Queen said they couldn't remain working royals and form business partnerships/endorsements with commercial entities. It's only a matter of time before they promote an organisation and it's subsequently discovered that the organisation has shady dealings.

They've only to look at Uncle Andy to see that a mere photo or two comes back to haunt you forever more and that mud shall stick by association alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Are the bullying allegations against MM still under investigation? If so will this guy leaving make any difference.

https://www.tatler.com/article/royal-foundation-changes-jason-knauf-quits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

lrushe wrote: »
    Are the bullying allegations against MM still under investigation? If so will this guy leaving make any difference.

They will probably have the investigation concluded before he leaves at the end of the year.

• Advertisement

They will probably have the investigation concluded before he leaves at the end of the year.

I think there was an article last week detailing his evidence against the claim that MM received no help or support from the institute/family.

He was probably waiting for that to finish up before he left. Obviously he can be called back to give further statements if needs be.

I think there was an article last week detailing his evidence against the claim that MM received no help or support from the institute/family.

He was probably waiting for that to finish up before he left. Obviously he can be called back to give further statements if needs be.

Interesting view on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good lord! That's one for the Woke thread in AH. :p

I was waiting for the tweets to start rolling in 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Her mate janina seems great craic. I’d she’s an open book for body language readers too her whole demeanour changes when she’s asked a question that requires a prepared answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

there's nothing in this article that's saying he leaves because he has something to do with the bullying.

I believe (hope) they won't let someone, who didn't do anything wrong, go because of this allegations. I wonder how this investigations look like...How can you proof bullying anyway? If something was just said and not written down it's one word against another. Like in the 'real' world. Most of the times bullying can't be proven.

tara73 wrote: »
    there's nothing in this article that's saying he leaves because he has something to do with the bullying.

I believe (hope) they won't let someone, who didn't do anything wrong, go because of this allegations. I wonder how this investigations look like...How can you proof bullying anyway? If something was just said and not written down it's one word against another. Like in the 'real' world. Most of the times bullying can't be proven.

Wasn't it him that brought the bullying allegations against MM to light?
    I don't think he was accused of bullying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

ok, that could be the reason, I'm not that deep in this cesspit-story..:p but I thought it was MM in her glorious OW interview..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I guess if you're working in any job then the employer has a duty of care and if complaints were made and not formally followed procedurally then they're liable under employment law?. Not sure of the in's and out's but from what I gather there were complaints and subsequent staff leaving. I think the Knauf email which was leaked to the Times was acknowledging that there was something going on and was speculating if such policies applied to "Principals" i.e. working Royals and pondering how to contain or handle it. This was when the Duchess Difficult moniker got drummed up. I would imagine the likely conclusion to this is that complaints were made, procedure wasn't followed, the third party investigators will give the Palace a slap on the wrist, those supportive of Meghan will say this was a clash of working cultures where a demanding boss strived to make public servants do some work and those critical will say that she was a bullying diva who was, ironically, protected by the Palace who didn't launch an investigation into a "Principal" bullying staff. If the Palace wanted to throw Meghan under the bus then a statement along the lines of updating their policy to include Principals will be a tacit acknowledgement that bullying happened but their policies are now up to date. I don’t think it will have any major impact because the Palace, the “firm” has already been framed as anti-Meghan and this can again all be explained away as another character assassination, deliberate smear such as the reaction when the Times leak initially happened. That narrative would satisfy the “Well I send my staff emails and texts at 5am too” Hollywood set and she'd be absolved.

With the sending of emails at 5am was there any more details?
    Like did she send them at 5am and expect a reply at 5:05 or did she sends them and a reply at 3pm was suffice?
    Just drawing on my own experience, I've received emails from work at mad hours but I'm not expected to reply until my working day starts, I wouldn't be too happy if I was expected to answer as soon as the email came in if it were out of work hours.

• Advertisement

I believe you are correct. He asked if the bullying policy was only enforced when staff bullying other staff - and not when the principles (Royals) bullied staff

Today’s press release. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9574609/Prince-Harry-says-life-like-Truman-royal-family-candid-podcast-interview.html

He didn’t know that he needed therapy until Meg told him, yet she couldn’t source any for herself?

“Prince Harry says he was 'more free' since his move to LA with Meghan, who he says encouraged him to have therapy because he would get 'angry' about things he couldn't control. He said: 'She could tell that I was hurting';
    Meghan advised him: 'You don't need to be a princess, you can create your own life better than any princess'
    He suffered 'vile and toxic abuse' by trolls, saying he tries to have 'compassion' for them but this is 'really hard when you're on the receiving end';
    Duke knew in his 20s that he 'didn't want the job' of being a full time royal, also speaking about infamous incident of playing naked billiards in Las Vegas before serving in Afghanistan;
    When asked if people he met on royal trips to poorer areas 'had more freedom than he did', he said: ''It's the job right? Grin and bear it. Get on with it. I was thinking I don't want this job, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be doing this';”

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Rewriting history in a big way there. He really is as thick as mince to not know that statements can be easily verified by a quick google. He's been in therapy for years before he met Meghan, he's on record as saying so. He's starting to be an awful whingebag now.

Nobody would judge him in any way if he said it wasn't the life he wanted and chose something different. There's cousins of his who've done that - Zara for example.

I suppose he's got a lifetime of "never explain, never complain" to unleash on the world, and tell us how hard he's had it. Must be tough to be down to your last 10 million quid, unemployed not knowing how you are going to feed the babbies. Should we do a Go-Fund-me for the poor chap?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Neyite wrote: »
    Rewriting history in a big way there. He really is as thick as mince to not know that statements can be easily verified by a quick google. He's been in therapy for years before he met Meghan, he's on record as saying so. He's starting to be an awful whingebag now.

Nobody would judge him in any way if he said it wasn't the life he wanted and chose something different. There's cousins of his who've done that - Zara for example.

I suppose he's got a lifetime of "never explain, never complain" to unleash on the world, and tell us how hard he's had it. Must be tough to be down to your last 10 million quid, unemployed not knowing how you are going to feed the babbies. Should we do a Go-Fund-me for the poor chap?

That's it. its the "woe is me" angle and incessant complaining about the immense privilege he was born into that is so nauseating. It's just like when Meghan stood in south Africa, after meeting some of the most under privileged people in the world, complaining about how hard done by she was because no one asked her if she was ok.

They are unbelievably tone deaf and seem oblivious to how they come across. They must have advisors telling them this, but I guess they don't want to hear it and and that accounts for all the staff they seem to "lose".

Really what it boils down to is they didn't like their jobs so left for something more lucrative. But they constantly have to spin themselves as victims. And also he is basically ****ting all over the people and causes he has been involved with in the past through his royal/charity work. Sorry it was so hard for you Harry.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    That's it. its the "woe is me" angle and incessant complaining about the immense privilege he was born into that is so nauseating. It's just like when Meghan stood in south Africa, after meeting some of the most under privileged people in the world, complaining about how hard done by she was because no one asked her if she was ok.

They are unbelievably tone deaf and seem oblivious to how they come across. They must have advisors telling them this, but I guess they don't want to hear it and and that accounts for all the staff they seem to "lose".

Really what it boils down to is they didn't like their jobs so left for something more lucrative. But they constantly have to spin themselves as victims. And also he is basically ****ting all over the people and causes he has been involved with in the past through his royal/charity work. Sorry it was so hard for you Harry.

Are they so self important that they know it all and woe betide anyone that tries to correct them?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

That Twitter account be insane. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I believe you are correct. He asked if the bullying policy was only enforced when staff bullying other staff - and not when the principles (Royals) bullied staff

Yes, that's what so interesting about his departure now. I wondered if it might be because an NDA would not apply if the employer ie. the royal family, asked you to speak openly about what you know. Now that he is leaving they can't force him to talk and he wouldn't be able to talk about it as an ex-employee, the NDA would then be in force.

Maybe he was afraid if he was forced to say what he knew by his current employers he could still be sued into oblivion by H&M. Completely speculative on my part of course.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Yes, that's what so interesting about his departure now. I wondered if it might be because an NDA would not apply if the employer ie. the royal family, asked you to speak openly about what you know. Now that he is leaving they can't force him to talk and he wouldn't be able to talk about it as an ex-employee, the NDA would then be in force.

Maybe he was afraid if he was forced to say what he knew by his current employers he could still be sued into oblivion by H&M. Completely speculative on my part of course.

The Queen will probably 'remember' certain conversations should he get sued and the only defence would be to divulge private royal matters.

Today’s press release. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9574609/Prince-Harry-says-life-like-Truman-royal-family-candid-podcast-interview.html

He didn’t know that he needed therapy until Meg told him, yet she couldn’t source any for herself?

“Prince Harry says he was 'more free' since his move to LA with Meghan, who he says encouraged him to have therapy because he would get 'angry' about things he couldn't control. He said: 'She could tell that I was hurting';
    Meghan advised him: 'You don't need to be a princess, you can create your own life better than any princess'
    He suffered 'vile and toxic abuse' by trolls, saying he tries to have 'compassion' for them but this is 'really hard when you're on the receiving end';
    Duke knew in his 20s that he 'didn't want the job' of being a full time royal, also speaking about infamous incident of playing naked billiards in Las Vegas before serving in Afghanistan;
    When asked if people he met on royal trips to poorer areas 'had more freedom than he did', he said: ''It's the job right? Grin and bear it. Get on with it. I was thinking I don't want this job, I don't want to be here. I don't want to be doing this';”

I don't understand how Harry who has had therapy before, which the firm organised, needs his wife to tell him he should go again? Wouldn't you know the signs yourself?. Also, this doesn't say good things about him heading mental health charity's when he cannot recognise he needs help himself and was ashamed to tell hia family his wife needed help.

• Advertisement

I don't understand how Harry who has had therapy before, which the firm organised, needs his wife to tell him he should go again? Wouldn't you know the signs yourself?. Also, this doesn't say good things about him heading mental health charity's when he cannot recognise he needs help himself and was ashamed to tell hia family his wife needed help.

He’s also had a pop at Charles’ parenting skills. Looks like he’s burning his bridges! “Prince Harry today blasted Prince Charles' parenting as he poured his heart out to a US mental health podcast and said he moved to LA with his family to 'break the cycle' of 'pain' he suffered as a member of the Royal Family and needed to 'change that for my own kids'.”

Advertisement